'I Fall Down' and 'Rejoice'...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, yeah, they are, cos they were the second and third songs by U2 I ever heard, Gloria being the first.

Even if Bono had never written another line again,
"I can't change the world, but I can change the world in me" is an anthem for a generation.

So, yeah 2 of U2's best.

QED

great songs, alot of great tracks on that album, dont know why its so underrated.

Rejoice is absolutely awesome. Larry really shines and it's a shame this song didn't have a long live career. It sure does rock! :rockon:

I Fall Down, however, has never really stood out to me, it's just another good U2 song that I enjoy listening to but don't find to be particularly exceptional.

Interesting question...doesn't he have huge back problems though? I'm not a drummer, [i'm a guitarist/keyboard player], but I can drum and have done from time to time and you have to have a solid back in MY opinion...I can't see him playing something like 'Rejoice' again, sadly :( But who knows, Miracles happen...

Two great songs. I always loved that piano intro to I Fall Down. Makes me wish I could play piano myself.

Aardvark747 said:
....is it true they played that, at someones wedding in the early 80's?

Strange choice!!

I've never heard of that ...

2 amazing U2-pearls.
Rejoice especially, shows the typical "impatience" and passion with which the young U2 was drenched.
aaaaaah , I frickin love them.

miss becky said:
Two great songs. I always loved that piano intro to I Fall Down. Makes me wish I could play piano myself.

It is bloody easy, seriously!

I'll try playing I Fall Down on my electric triangle when I get back home...:wink:

Back
Top Bottom