I dont like BAD, is something wrong with me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DPrinceNY

War Child
I never really got into the song. Its an okay song but I cant seem to find anything truly special about it. Am I missing something here? maybe I should listen to the song upside down or something... :)

I wouldn't say something is wrong, but ... maybe that something is not right?

:wink:

Just kidding. Guess it's about taste. Listening to it right now, from Chicago, and I must say Bono is in top form.

It's my second favourite U2 song. The way it builds. The way Bono sings so ridiculously higher "I'm wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide awaayaaaaaaaake!"

maybe because it was one of the defining moments in U2's career during live aid, that it will always have a special place in U2's fans hearts...

The first time I heard it was on the best of cd (sorry, late U2 bloomer) and I didn't know the name of it or what album it was on, I just knew I loved it and it has been my favorite U2 song ever since. :drool:

For a while Bad did nothing to me, just "normal" U2 song. Nothing special. However after few months I've loved it, especially after hearing the live version on WAIA EP. Take a time, you will love it also. :wink:

Zooropean103 said:
For a while Bad did nothing to me, just "normal" U2 song. Nothing special. However after few months I've loved it, especially after hearing the live version on WAIA EP. Take a time, you will love it also. :wink:

It was the same way for me, actually. It just grew on me to be a fantastic track. Especially the opening. I really enjoy the Vertigo version. It is a song I really have to listen to. I can't have it in the background while working. I must listen.

Wow...some negativity for "Bad"...that takes some balls on these boards. Go for it.

Bad is not an "easy" song. It takes some listenings to fully "understand" the song. Once you do, it turns out to be a fantastic track. the studio version... Talk about sonic landscapes :drool:

I like the studio version. Great percussion.

The best live versions are the Lovetown and ZooTV ones. The Elevation versions are totally weak. Haven't heard any Vertigo versions.

I absolutely LOVE Bad it is such a beautiful song! The I'm Wide AWAAAKE love it ! ...There is nothing wrong with you at all just like ElectricalVoice said its all about taste.

Absolutely not! I love it, but different people appreciate different things.

The other day I read a post by someone saying that Running To Stand Still was their least favourite track on The Joshua Tree - it's possibly my favourite. Which one of us is the odd one? :huh:

:yes: just kidding :wink:

for me, i never liked the song at first when I heard it.
i hated how bono would sing 'i'm wide awake..' and later the 'seperation... intemptation.. etc.' but once i started to listen to the song itself and understand it, it became one of those inspirational type of songs that i couldn't get enough of.

'bad' just seems to be one of those songs that needs to grow on you, and one day your eyes will open to the song just like many other's have, such as me :)

I guess I'm one of the few people who loves the UF version as much as the live versions. It's probably my favorite U2 song ever.

Back
Top Bottom