I don't know where else to put this stupidity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by sharky:
"I'm sorry. I'm very young."
-- Britney Spears, explaining why she's never heard of either Yoko Ono or Linda McCartney to Foxnews.com.

Her poor family must be so proud *nudges sula*
biggrin.gif

Its at times when I read things like this that I thank God that I am a U2 fan. God bless U2!

"I'm sorry. I'm very young."
-- Britney Spears, explaining why she's never heard of either Yoko Ono or Linda McCartney to Foxnews.com.

Do you think that Yoko knows who britney is?

Yoko may be older and not in to N Sync but I'm sure she probably knows who Britney is.

btw, here's the full article. It just gets worse...... [btw, Justin's mom messed up. according to her analogy, Lance Bass would be N Sync's Ringo Starr. but at least she knew who Yoko was]

Britney Doesn't Know Yoko

You may wonder what the real Britney Spears is like. Or you may not. But in case you do, I now have something of a report.

You could guess that a girl without much of a formal education is no rocket scientist. She's not going to know much about the history of civilization, world economics, or how to split an atom. What you might expect is that she'd know something in the category of pop music, enough to play Rock and Roll Jeopardy on VH-1.

But here's some upsetting news. Brit was stymied on Tuesday night when presented with a pretty easy question. Here's what it was: "Who is Yoko Ono?"

The question came up because this reporter was having a congenial talk with the members of 'N Sync and some of their parents at the J Records pre-Grammy dinner. The gang was sitting at a round table front and center in the Beverly Hills Hotel ballroom. Britney was sitting with the group, between Justin Timberlake and his mom. I asked Justin, as I had asked him about a year ago, whether 'N Sync identified more with the Beatles or Rolling Stones, and where that might leave their rivals, the Backstreet Boys.

Timberlake replied, "Beatles! Beatles! Beatles!" Did that mean the Boys were the equivalent of the Stones, I wondered? "No, the Osmonds!" he laughed.

But immediately following this happy exchange, I queried the couple: "Does this mean Britney is Yoko Ono?"

Spears responded: "Who?" Her potential mother-in-law, Mrs. Timberlake, jumped right in and explained that Ono had been John Lennon's widow and broken up the Beatles. (This was strictly her opinion, this last modifier.)

But Brit didn't know what anyone was talking about. To save her, I said: "You're probably more Linda McCartney. You know her name, don't you?"

Spears again gave a question mark expression. "I'm sorry," she said in her rich Southern accent. "I'm very young."

Justin's mom, ignoring this exchange on purpose, then told us a story. "You see, you have to know who Pete Best is." Best was the original drummer for the Beatles, replaced by Ringo Starr before the band became a sensation. "Lance only became a member of 'N Sync the day we signed our contracts, because the original bass singer quit. So we call him our Pete Best!"

Granted, Spears has a great little body and has done much to show it off in her videos and concerts. So let's give her credit where credit is due. But a future member of the Rock Hall of Fame? Just as in her MTV diary, she showed no interest in music or in singing at the J Records bash. When most of the performers including Timberlake hit the stage for a final jam session, Spears avoided the chance to show off her vocal talents in front of the room and sat on her hands.

Timberlake, however, jumped on stage, took the mike, and worked hard to show that he is more than a flash in the pan. He was impressive. Afterwards, I was told that he is hard at work on a solo album, which may be more than halfway completed. "It's going to be huge," said one music insider who's heard some of the results.

well, ya know, some Americans think Canada is the same as the U.S. Its nice to see Britney think otherwise and give it the recognition it deserves.

[naya-- where are you from? LOL!
biggrin.gif
]

well, ya know, some Americans think Canada is the same as the U.S. Its nice to see Britney think otherwise and give it the recognition it deserves.

[naya-- where are you from? LOL!
biggrin.gif
]

lol sharky. Yeah I guess I could give Britney some credit...lol
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom