I didn't know we were in a cyberspace war with Bon Jovi Fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Like O2

She wore graaaapes
Check out the note posted by Jon Bovi after the VMA. If there's a war, nobody told me. Is there somewhere I should report for duty??

Well, hello there old friends... how are ya? I'm real good. Took a great
vacation after we finished the tour but have no fear - we're already in
writing mode for the next album. Richie and I were in NYC this week - we
spent yesterday working on some new music and we'll be writing even more
these next few weeks - back to work! Last night, we put the guitars and
the pens down and headed over to the MTV Video Music Awards - we did
interviews all along the red carpet so they'll turn up all those
entertainment shows... Afterwards we hit some parties (trust me... the
sunglasses are still on as I write this...)

So, I've been hearing lots of stories about wars between Bon Jovi fans and
U2 fans out in cyberspace. Let me just say, for the record, U2 is an
incredible band and I'm a fan (so are the critics...) All the U2 guys came
to our Cleveland show and hung out afterwards... there's no conflict
between bands (fans on the internet are another story - in fact you guys
earned an article in an Atlanta paper.) I just wanted to say thank you.
You guys defend us and stand by us and I'm truly appreciative of how
fiercely supportive Bon Jovi fans are are... so yeah, I'm aware of what our
fans do for us (kinda like Santa - I know if you've been bad or good.) I
just wanted to let you know, you're appreciated.

Take care....
JBJ

Here's the link...

http://www.backstagejbj.com/news.htm

------------------
"See, the rock star gets his way! Thank you very much. This feels very Elvis. Thank you."

Bono ~ Houston, Texas 4-02-01

What an idiot this guy is. If he ever wanted to have this so called fight stop he wouldnt have said anything. DUHHHH. Doesnt he have a publiscist!

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

huh? I don't follow your logic bonoman, actually I think that's a fairly decent things for him to do, to personally post a message to fans and down-play any sort of rivalry

now all we need is a love note from Henry Rollins
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by The Wanderer (edited 09-08-2001).]

To be totally honest, I didn't think Bon Jovi or their fans were even smart enough to be on the internet. btw...does Bon Jovi still have mullets?

I'll admit I don't mind Bon Jovi. Remember "Lay YOur Hands on Me" and "Wanted Dead or Alive"? Those songs rock! But when it comes to BJ fans attacking U2, the gloves are coming off.

Oh and before you jump on their mullet cuts, remember Bono had one too. Granted, his looked MUCH better but that's a different story.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

I meant now all the U2 fans and the BJ fans that dont know what he is talking about now think there is some sort of a war. I for one dont know what he is tlaking about but i guarentee you there will now be Bon Jovi fans that leak into here and are going to troll and U2 fans the same. All this does is bring the problem to everyones view and if you think this will stop whatever 'war' is going on it wont. All it will do is fuel the idiots that started this fire. Now they know Bon and Bono know about this and that makes them 'important'.

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Looks like Jon got just what he was looking for....publicity.

Here's a link to the Atlanta Journal that picked up on the story.....

http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/epaper/editions/thursday/features_b37990e811004077009e.html

A quote from the article...

Battle of the bands gets fans going

Jon Bon Jovi (below) the voice of a generation? Believe it. The Internet is virtually awash with praise for the New Jersey rockers.

Bon Jovi fans appeared in droves on Wire-U2, a mailing list for fans of the Irish superstars.

"Our band is better than your band," they told the U2 fans.

------------------
"See, the rock star gets his way! Thank you very much. This feels very Elvis. Thank you."

Bono ~ Houston, Texas 4-02-01

Argghhhh....I fucking HATE Bon Jovi. They are the complete antithesis of U2. It's My Life was one of the most ugly, clunking pieces of music I have ever heard. Urgghhh, I can't believe U2 went to see them, that is truly blasphemous!!!!

There was no u2/war here...it was mostly on Wire...someone got the bright idea to compare the two bands and it snowballed into hell...it became almost a Bon Jovi list over there...I decided to stop reading Wire until it calmed down...
I have nothing against Bon Jovi...they are ok guys..their music is pure rock without any additions or fillers...and fine for people who like that kind of thing...and U2 likes them. There is no reason for me to hate them amd there is no reason for U2 fans to get into a shouting match with their fans...it was probably stirred up by trolls...

dream wanderer

I say we grunt more, lengthen our words, and BJ fas will understand what we are saying......
oooooooooooooohhhhhhhh, Booooooon Jooooooooooviiiii are craaaaaaaaaaap!
Oooooooooowooooooo, worseeeeeee thaaaan Haaaaaaansssssssooooooooon!

Originally posted by Like O2:
Looks like Jon got just what he was looking for....publicity.

Here's a link to the Atlanta Journal that picked up on the story.....

Well, the article in the Atlante Journal appeared before JBJ's comments on his page. The paper is dated September 6 and JBJ mentions that a paper has already written about this.

Nevertheless, I think the media again takes something complete out of its context. They never learn...

C ya!

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

There are so many bands that are so much worse than Bon Jovi--I don't know why quite a lot of U2 fans seem to single them out for hatred. Maybe because they're still quite popular? We, as U2 fans, should accept that other bands besides our revered band are allowed to be popular too. Bon Jovi has some decent songs, which is more than I can say for the vast majority of "rock" bands that appeared in the 90's.

------------------
In time you'll see that some things travel faster than light
In time you'll recognize that love is larger than life
And praise will come to those whose kindness leaves you without debt
And bends the shape of things that haven't happened yet

-Neil Finn

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
There are so many bands that are so much worse than Bon Jovi--I don't know why quite a lot of U2 fans seem to single them out for hatred. Maybe because they're still quite popular? We, as U2 fans, should accept that other bands besides our revered band are allowed to be popular too. Bon Jovi has some decent songs, which is more than I can say for the vast majority of "rock" bands that appeared in the 90's.

How dare you!?

Don't you realize that on this board not only must you love U2, but you are also obligated to rip any and all other bands that are mentioned here, if even in passing.

Damn them all to hell!!

Originally posted by MSU2mike:
How dare you!?

Don't you realize that on this board not only must you love U2, but you are also obligated to rip any and all other bands that are mentioned here, if even in passing.

Damn them all to hell!!

LOL!!

Originally posted by sharky:
I'll admit I don't mind Bon Jovi. Remember "Lay YOur Hands on Me" and "Wanted Dead or Alive"? Those songs rock! But when it comes to BJ fans attacking U2, the gloves are coming off.

Uhhh... Beavis, he said "BJ"... yeah, "BJ", huhuhu..

------------------
"Lookin for baby Jesus under the trash..."

Originally posted by theSoulfulMofo:
Uhhh... Beavis, he said "BJ"... yeah, "BJ", huhuhu..

Argh! I really need to change my user name. I'm a chick people!

And BTW, I got my degree in college in journalism, as in a Bachelor's of Journalism, as in a BJ....which is all the more ironic considering people keep mistaking me in this forum as a guy.

And hey, I think some of us would be happy to take action if Bono sang "Lay Your Hands on Me"

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Back
Top Bottom