I concede

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
i've listened to that part over and over again about 20 times... it's bono. and until i see documented proof otherwise... like a video with edge singing it... then i'm sticking with bono. forget listening to "seconds" or "van dieman" or whatever... just listen to the rest of the damned song... it sounds like how bono's singing the entire song. or is it the edge singing leads on the entire song? nuh uh... it's bono

it's in the eeee's... miiiiiiracle... the person singing the "eeeeeaaa" part in miracle is the exact same person who sings "i heeear your voice." so unless you're trying to tell me that edge sings the entire song, it's deffinetly bono.

listen to it again with headphones....its unmistakeable. Edge carries his 's' sound longer than Bono does. Trust me, its the Edge. Or, just wait for the video then.

PowerSurge said:
2. Miracle Drug (3:53)
Lyrics by Bono, Produced by Steve Lillywhite, Additional production by Carl Glanville and Jacknife Lee, Piano and additional vocal by The Edge, Backing vocal by Bono and Larry Mullen, Synthesizers and Programming by Jacknife Lee

Note the italics. There's your proof it's Edge. If he were only doing backing vocals, he'd be credited with Larry (and what's with Bono being credited with backing vocals?).

And if you can't tell that it's Edge, I really do have to worry about your hearing. The "Beneath the noise" verse is CLEARLY sung by a voice different to the voice that sings the following chorus.

I've really got nothing to add here, but just chalk up one more vote for the Edge. No question, it is definitely him. Didn't notice until I read it on this forum, but after relistening, you can definitely tell it's him.

Axver said:

Note the italics. There's your proof it's Edge. If he were only doing backing vocals, he'd be credited with Larry (and what's with Bono being credited with backing vocals?).

And if you can't tell that it's Edge, I really do have to worry about your hearing. The "Beneath the noise" verse is CLEARLY sung by a voice different to the voice that sings the following chorus.

yup...Edge is the additional vocal (verse...and whoever brought up Bono being the mother and Edge being the son, that's BRILLIANT. it all makes sense now!). Bono and Larry are singing the "ooooooh yeeeeeahs" during the bridge, and Bono is most defenitely singing "God I need your help tonight" :D (thank you to all who agree with me. You are officially declared spiffaliscious to the max, y0.)

Adam should sing again. That spoken thing at the end of Your Blue Room? That's hot, man.

well you could have just listened to those of us who figured it out already. It wasnt hard with a pair of headphones and a set of ears.

jk:wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom