I can't stop listening to this darn single

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neutral

genius of compression, Forum Moderator
forty miles from atlanta, this is nowhere
Arghhh. Does anyone else get so stuck on one song or single that they play it over...and over...and over, to the point of insanity? :no:

I've had this WGTRYWH single on allllll morning. I really love the "temple bar edit" versions...great sound, and you can hear Edge's vocals a little more. The Paint It Block cover is pretty good too.

All the time. Right now, I'm on Hallelujah Here She Comes.

I do that all the time! I was obsessed with a live version of Love is Blindness last year and it's all I listened to, over and over, in the car. The other day I was going through some CD's and I stumbled upon that song and I've listened to it a million times this week, so far :D

:heart:

Likewise; same single too. As soon as I bought the WGRYWH signle it was all that I listened to for the week. I haven't listened to that single in quite a while though. Should dig it out of my CD stash and take a listen to it tonight. :yes:

neutral said:
I've had this WGTRYWH single on allllll morning. I really love the "temple bar edit" versions...great sound, and you can hear Edge's vocals a little more. The Paint It Block cover is pretty good too.

I've pretty much wore out the same single. Funny, since I wasn't that impressed with the song until I heard the Temple Bar versions. :drool:

I love the Temple Bar version of WGRYWH! I think it's more fun then the album version.

I restrain myself from repeating songs more than once or, in exceptional circumstances, twice...otherwise I would be constantly listening to Ultraviolet or TGBHF or Gas Panic! (Oasis) or All I Want Is You or Lemon or The World Is Not Enough (Garbage) or The First Time or 40 or...etc etc etc...

This is always happening to me. Awhile back I got absolutely fixated on "Dirty Day". I thought I might have to call a Song Addiction Shrink to stop listening to it. It was complete madness. I absolutely could not stop listening to that song. I still listen to it *alot*. This also happened with "Elevation" and "Surrender".

The best version of "who's gonna ride your wild horses" isn't the temple bar version, although it's close, it's the one from the bootleg Dancing ZooTV in sweeden, you havn't heard this song until you've heard this version....really. If you really want...i'll try to send it to people who want it, just email me at steak@optushome.com.au

I'm also stuck on WGRYWH, occasionaly I try to 'drown' it with "Ultraviolet". :)
I also like that version of WGRYWH from The Best of 1990-2000!

That does happen to me a lot! This week it's with "Red Hill Mining Town" (actually it's been RHMT for a while now, I just love that song). When I first began to like U2 it was Sunday Bloody Sunday ... and now I haven't listened to that for so long I can't remember.

Right now it's the live version of "In a Little While" from Boston - (it starts out with Bono paying tribute to Joey Ramone). At the end Bono and Edge are singing and then just edge finishes out the song with just an amazing voice. That and the WOWY (rattle and hum version) - that version of that song is in constant play

Back
Top Bottom