I can't find this poster....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stefananny

The Fly
I've been trying to find this poster for *ages*....
5175.jpg

I know it's out of print, and I've checked a lot of poster sites with no luck. I've been keeping an eye on eBay since last year but I haven't seen it come up. Does anybody have any suggestions? It's one of my absolute favourite Bono pics, and if I ever find the poster I'm going to get it properly mounted. *If* I ever find it.
frown.gif

------------------
nan
MacPhisto made me do it

I have that poster. I will keep my eyes out for it.

eek.gif
you have made me want to appreciate it more. I had it mounted above my bed in highschool, shrinkwrapped to poster board. It still is, but it's a little warped. I should get it block mounted, that would be cool. And expensive.

Sorry, not trying to rub it in that I have it. I honestly will look around for you.
wink.gif

Thank you kindly Angel. And don't worry, ABEL's already rubbed it in that she has it and I don't, lol.
biggrin.gif

------------------
nan
MacPhisto made me do it

I should also add, if anyone knows anything more about the pic, like where exactly it was taken, I'd love to know (and it might help me search for it too)! Thanks.
smile.gif

------------------
nan
MacPhisto made me do it

Originally posted by stefananny:
I should also add, if anyone knows anything more about the pic, like where exactly it was taken, I'd love to know (and it might help me search for it too)! Thanks.
smile.gif

Rotterdam joshua tree tour 1987 de kuip 10 juli.

There is a store in Bellingham, Washington that has a few of those posters in its poster rack. (Well it had them a few months ago) The store is called AVALON

Avalon Music
1330 Railroad Avenue
Bellingham, WA 98225
360-676-9573
Call there and see if they still have it. Tell them Clay from CANADA sent you.

Oh I love that poster! I had it, then I came home one day and it was RIPPED off my wall!!!! RIPPED!

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Good luck finding it.
If you live near a university, keep an eye open for when they have "poster sales". I went to a very small school, but we had poster sales several times a year. Some company would come with hundreds of posters, for very few dollars. If they didn't have it, they might be able to help find one.

Thanks so much everyone for your help and suggestions! MISTER, I called Avalon and the guy said they didn't have it but it sounded like he knew which one I meant. He took my name and number, so if they do ever get it again he said he'd give me a call. In the meantime I'll keep looking!
smile.gif

------------------
nan
MacPhisto made me do it

Email me girl...I have seven of them

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

I have that poster too. Poor stefananny, everyone but you has it.
biggrin.gif

I bought mine in the mid-90's in San Fran. along the wharf, in the Pier 39 area. If you know that area, then you know there are a lot of shops - mostly touristy places - there. One of them has rock and/or roll items.
biggrin.gif
That's about all I can remember.

I'm looking for my own Bono poster though. When I was a student at Notre Dame, there was a poster sale. There was this fantastic b&w shot of Bono, along the water with an overcoat on. Based on his hairstyle, I'd say circa the JT era. I went to get $$ for the poster and by the time I got back, they were all gone. *cries* At least ND is a good U2 school (even "Pop" sold well there). I'm still hunting for that poster though...

Damn Angell, seven?! Well then.

------------------
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be alright
Uncertainty can be a guiding light

"You mean the mob only did me a favor to get something in return? Oh, Fat Tony... I will say good day to you, sir!"

Official L.O.B.P.B.G.G.T.S.H.S.A.E.E of the E.B.O.C

This is just the best poster of all time. i was only looking at it a few days ago - it just takes your breath away. My daughter was lucky enough to purchase it at the University Of Wollongong. They have a huge poster sale once a year. We have bought about 6 U2 posters from there - the PoP one, where they are standing in a line, Adam with a cigarette behind his ear is just wonderful. Wollongong is about an hour and a half south of Sydney. I did not realise the poster was so hard to get.
Australia is bit too far for you, but maybe you could have some luck on line. I'll post during the year when there is a sale.

good luck with the search !!

Pamela

When the night takes a deep breath
and the daylight has no end

Aww, thanks for the link Se7en! I actually checked eBay Canada before I came here today and I saw it! I can't believe it came up now, after I've been watching for it there for so long.
smile.gif

In the picture of it on eBay, the poster says BONO in the top left, in grey letters (as if we don't know who it is! lol). But I asked ABEL and she says hers is only the picture. So I guess there's at least 2 versions of the poster. So out of curiousity, everyone else who has it, does yours say BONO on it? I think it kinda distracts from the pic but I'll take what I can get at this point.
smile.gif

------------------
nan
MacPhisto made me do it

I have that poster hanging over my bed too, it sure is a "closer" sometimes-if you know what I mean
wink.gif

I stumbled across it in late summer of 96 in a small record store in oklahoma city of all places.

It has to be the most accurate photo description of Bono's passion and bonding with a crowd, illustrated further by the classic black and white tones.

Back
Top Bottom