I can't believe that Edge sings "Seconds"!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I could tell Edge sang the first bit and then Bono cuts in after that (with Edge in the background. I've had people try and convince me that Edge is the main vocals through-out the entire song but I have to disagree.

Did you know 'Seconds' was the first song I ever drummed to!

Theres a bit of useless information for ya!

:D

Jo

Even I thought so when I first heard the song.I have to say the switch is not obvious.The Edge has come a long way as a singer though!

u2elevatejo said:
I've had people try and convince me that Edge is the main vocals through-out the entire song but I have to disagree.
yeah, i must say it is kinda obvious to me when bono cuts in as well. (it helped me a lot to see it on red rocks though) cuz when he sings the part "in an apartment.." it sounds more like bono, especially when he starts screaming USSR DDR and stuff it sounds just like bono. :D

:slant: :slant: Okay....See, now I always knew it was Edge singing. I just thought he sang the WHOLE song. Even the "USSR, DDR" part.:huh:

My mom told me years ago that Edge sang that part...For awhile there I didn't believe her, but when you listen to it enough you can tell the difference.

Jesus!!! that album came out in 83 and your just finding that out now. Look in the sleeve of the CD and it tells you. Also Edge sings the WHOLE song Bono does the backing vocals (listen hard) there is a big difference if you listen close enough

gherman said:
Jesus!!! that album came out in 83 and your just finding that out now. Look in the sleeve of the CD and it tells you. Also Edge sings the WHOLE song Bono does the backing vocals (listen hard) there is a big difference if you listen close enough

I listened to the song just to make sure, and Edge does not sing lead on the whole song. You can hear the difference when Bono starts to sing "in an apartment on Times Square."

I have always thought that Edge's voice was underrated. His background vocals add so much to the songs. I have a hard time listening to Gone now because Edge doesn't sing ......"Down"..even the undertones in Kite are freckin cool!:edge:

half the time, its Edge singing the high bits LIVE that Bono obviously can't do because he cant sing over himself as he does in the studio.
the fly being an example of this...

as he has gotten older, edge's voice has become more distinct from bono's, but yes it is hard to tell them apart on seconds.
man, that song rocks. :edge:

Edge's backing vocals are essential!

A lot of the time I find myself singing to him in U2 songs rather then Bono! For example in "Beautiful Day" I stop at the line 'you've been all over and it's been all over you' and sing the 'Alllwayyyss' instead!

"Please" and "Stay" have great backings as well!

Back
Top Bottom