I can't be the only one...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chickadee

New Yorker
... who loves pretty much all U2's albums? I just keep seeing people not liking this and thinking that's rubbish and well, it's all good and I understand everyone can't like everything, but I want to be positive for a change! Sure there are albums I love better than others but I certainly don't dislike any of the canon. I like the 80s albums, I like the 90s albums and yay, I like the 00s albums! I don't think any of them are weakened by the presence of the others. I mean, it IS possible to appreciate them all, isn't it?

What I'm trying to say (I think) is that I think there's merits in everything U2 has done.

Meh, I'm too tired and it's worded badly. But hey, whatever.

I can't say I love all of U2's albums, but I like them all, there are none that I dislike, I think they are all atleast good

I like all of them, but I still have problems with some of them. The fact is that any album that U2 puts out is going to be better than over 3/4 of the other music out there and I think that deep down, almost everyone on this board at least likes every U2 album, but they still have issues with some of them.

Utoo said:

who needs to see when you can listen to the music? :wink:

ooooohh.......

who needs to hear when they can taste the plastic wrap torn from a new cd?

I think a better way of putting it, at least for me, is that I enjoy all eras of U2's career. The early days, the late 80's, the experimental 90's, and of course today. And I like most of the albums and at least a few things on all of them (October is the hardest one for me to listen to, I just don't care for most of it). So I like something about each one, but I don't like every entire album they've done.

Irishteen said:
I can't say I love all of U2's albums, but I like them all, there are none that I dislike, I think they are all atleast good

Right on.

Although I would personally say, "...there are none that I really dislike..."

I love a great deal of October and, yes, I do LOVE several of the songs on my most-un-loved album, All That You Can't Leave Behind.

I feel the love to varying degrees.

mikal said:

ooooohh.......

mmmmm.......plastic wrap........:drool:

mmmmmm......new U2 album.......:drool: :drool:

Maybe I am a blind follower. ;) I don't think I am, really, though. I am certainly not one of those people who is scared to criticise a band they like - no way. If I think a song is not that great, I'll say so, although I'll try not to slag it off completely, there's usually merit somewhere in all their songs, I find.

I just can't help being a fan of all eras and most music. I get frustrated when people compare, say, Pop and ATYCLB, because apart from the 'journey' from one to the next, they are totally different albums from different places and one isn't better than the other, to me, they're just... yeah, different. Lol.

chickadee said:

I just can't help being a fan of all eras and most music. I get frustrated when people compare, say, Pop and ATYCLB, because apart from the 'journey' from one to the next, they are totally different albums from different places and one isn't better than the other, to me, they're just... yeah, different. Lol.

why would you get frustrated if some people want to compare a couple albums? just because someone prefers one album to another doesnt necessarily mean they dont like the other album.

onebloodonelife said:
I think that deep down, almost everyone on this board at least likes every U2 album, but they still have issues with some of them.

Bingo!!! THAT'S what it is I think, for the most part. The problem is.. if you make recurring threads criticizing a certain album, people automatically assume that you're a hater! :huh: No, that need not necessarily be the case. Just because I have more issues with ATYCLB and HTDAAB than the ones that came before doesn't mean I don't like 'em. :huh:

I can honestly say I don't love them all. I don't love WAR. In fact I rarely listen to War. I wouldn't say I have a love affair with October either. Under a Blood red Sky doesn't do much for me as a live album, and ATYCLB and Rattle and Hum I like alot but wouldn't say I love them as albums. All their albums though have individual songs I love so that's good.

I like all and have all (I even have original vinyls) but there are some I like much more than others. There is at least a song on every album that means alot to me.:D

I actually love all their albums. There are usually one to three songs on each album that I don't care for, except for HTDAAB, I actually like every song on that one. There are a few songs by them I really don't like, but there aren't many.

Either I love or strongly like almost all of U2's work. There are songs that don't fit in the love/strongly like categories, but I find that there are some days and moods that occasionally fit these songs. I'm glad for the variety.

mikal said:

ooooohh.......

i don't get it. that doesn't make any sense.

here's a good comeback...
ummmm.....
umm......
umm....

oh yeah -

farts smell!

BLAMMO!!
you just got ZAPPED!:ohmy:

There are some songs I like more than others on all of their albums - as with any other band

Calling something is the worst U2 album is hardly an insult, and doesn't mean I don't like it.

chickadee said:
Maybe I am a blind follower. ;) I don't think I am, really, though. I am certainly not one of those people who is scared to criticise a band they like - no way. If I think a song is not that great, I'll say so, although I'll try not to slag it off completely, there's usually merit somewhere in all their songs, I find.

chickadee, even the Passengers?

Back
Top Bottom