I bought R&H today, so here is my review

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irishteen

Blue Crack Addict
Okay I have just finsihed listening to this album and i love it, it is very well but together and has some great songs so here is the review.

1) Helter Skelton 8.5
2) Van Diemens land 7
3) Desire 9.5(I have discovered how much I love this song)
4) Hawkmoon 269 7.5
5) All Along The Watchtower 8.5
6) I Still haven't found What I'm looking for 9
7) Freedom For My People 5 (So short has to have a 5)
8) Silver And Gold 9
9) Pride 9
10) Angel Of Harlem 8.5
11) Love Rescue Me 6.5
12) When love comes To Town 8
13) Heartland 7
14) God part 2 9
15) The Star Spangled Banner 7(Goes into Bullet so well)
16) Bullet The Blue Sky 9.5(Amazing Live Version)
17) All I Want Is You 9

The mixture of live and studio is very well done, and Star Spangled banner is perfectly placed giving it the 7, this album has shown me how good Desire so and is a great work.

funny thing is, that's about how i rated it close to 15 years ago when i first started listening to U2. it's totally changed now. Hawkmoon and Heartland are my top 2 songs.

Good call Mikal

Hey! Can u post something just quickly, using that funny type that u do! U havent done it in a while, and it cracks me up each time!

Like this - "da!11!1

That thing!:wink:

Give Hawkmoon a couple of good loud listens and it's sure to go from a 7.5 to at least a 9!
Wierd, I think you where 2 years old when I bought R&H! Shit, I'm getting old!:no:

Last edited:
menelaos said:
Sunday Bloody Sunday from the film...:drool: :drool:

Fuck the Revolution! :drool:

I've listened to that version so many times, my little bro has the whole speech memorised! :ohmy: I don't ever listen to the studio SBS, it's missing something.

There were some other absolutely great cuts from the movie that were left off, like With or Without You, Running to Stand Still, and (of course) Bad---one of the best live performances ever.

The album itself is OK, but I hardly ever listen to it. I usually listen to the mix I made myself that leaves some of the songs off but includes rips from the DVD of some of the great live songs that were left off.

The Bad performance on the film is my favorite performance of any song, ever, it gives me the chills every time.

As far as the album is concerned, Heartland is perfect. Love it, and once listened to it when crossing the Mississippi, perfect!! :)

^^^yeah, it's my favorite live performance ever as well, however I didn't want to say that as I'm pretty clueless as far as live performances by "other bands." d'oh.

I don't have it on this computer, but at some point I could give you the DVD rip, unless you have it already. just tell me if you want it and i'll try to email it this weekend. :up:

No spoken words said:
The Bad performance on the film is my favorite performance of any song, ever, it gives me the chills every time.

Yeah, it's an a amzing performance. It's a shame that the live versions of Bad, With Or Without You, Where The Streets Have No Name and SBS from the R&H film didn't make it into the album. That would be... just... amazing. :drool:

TheBrazilianFly said:

Yeah, it's an a amzing performance. It's a shame that the live versions of Bad, With Or Without You, Where The Streets Have No Name and SBS from the R&H film didn't make it into the album. That would be... just... amazing. :drool:

I'll post all the live versions from the movie that didn't make the album in Music on the Internet this weekend. :D

Exit :drool:

i actually bought Rattle And Hum today, ive been meaning to for ages but never got round to it (i've got the DVD and ive downloaded most of the songs). Buying the actual CD makes my U2 collection feel more 'complete' :wink:

I salute the kind interferencer who's name I cannot remember that gave these to me a few months ago. :bow:

btw about the Latin, I'm talking bout the "Glorias" he chants in the film version, cant remember if its on the album.

Last edited:
Actually, that's a different Gloria. He's singing Van Morrison's old '60s tune "Gloria," which is just a girl's name, not the Latin like the U2 tune.

:bow: R&H :drool: :drool:
Bought that album, what - :ohmy: 17 years ago?!?!?! :shocked:
Still remember loading the CD for the first time, adjusting my headphones & sitting perfectly still the entire 1hr:12m:26s, completely, totally, wholly mesmerized.

Although there's not a note I don't like on the whole thing, the coup de grace of that album for me was the live version of "Still Haven't Found..."(and I've never been a fan of gospel music). That, and Hawkmoon. To this day, whenever I hear either of those playing, I am compelled to completely stop whatever I might be doing and focus on the music until the song is over. :up: :up:

I never understood the backlash R&H generated. Even though I am biased, I never saw it as an attempt to try & out play rock legends like the Beatles, Hendrix, Dylan, etc., etc. I saw what I truly believe it was meant to be: a tribute to the "greats" of the business. OK, :rant: over. :D

Last edited:
TheBrazilianFly said:

<lightbulb lights in head>
it would be cool to make a mix of the album including those live songs, maybe some of the unreleased songs (i really like 'hallelujah, here she comes') - sort of a super RnH - like 2 CDs long.
hmmm - i think i've some free time this weekend....:drool:

Is R&H that old?!? Wow....seems like yesterday I was watching the movie in the theater and having my mind blown.

I wonder if they'll ever release a new version of the DVD, with outtakes and commentary or other goodies?

Back
Top Bottom