I am sorry, but this has to be said.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
This is to all those who complain and whine and continue on over and over again about Bono's voice. 'He sucks now', 'He can't hit the high notes', 'He's just not like he used to be'. Blah, blah, blah, blah.

As I write this I am blasting "Where the Streets Have No Name" from their Mountains and Deserts concert in Denver and you know what? He *does* sound different. But you know why? Because he was 27 then!!! HELLO PEOPLE!! Now, I want all of you who are amongst the complainers to take a voice recording of your yourself. Ok... so have you done that? Ok, good. Now get back to me in, uhm, let's say... 14 years and then let's compare.

Let's face it people, we age, we wrinkle, boobs sag, buts get bigger and yeah our voices change. We mature, we don't degenerate and if you ask me, I prefer the more mature Bono Vox of 2001 than the child from '83. Yeah, that's my opinion and we all have different ones. That's not my point here, to say that my opinion is right, or to say that yours is wrong, but rather my point here is simple- Bono's voice *has* changed, and so too will yours. Quit acting like it's a *fault* of his. Because it's not. Be happy he still has a voice after all these years, and oh yeah, all you born again Non-Smokers... Bono quit so give the guy a break.

Thank-you and goodnight.

------------------
"I'm staring at the sun, not the only one who's happy to go blind..."

Amen kindred Angel!

I think he sounds like a man who has lived to tell about it - and is still living and happy about it.

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Amen

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

Testify! Bono still rocks the house, end of story. I have tasted the ham of truth people, I know....

------------------
Please repeat the message, it's the music that we choose.

I agree totally Angel.
Unfortunately though, this argument has been going pretty much since before PoP came out. People will always complain, I stopped posting frequently on Wire because of the constant Bono bashing.
His voice has changed yeah but I think the argument has major holes and listening to any recent concert will prove this. His voice was superb at Notre Dame and has been at most concerts Ive heard from the Elevation tour. His voice was brilliant in many of the Popmart shows.
I think people forget that U2 have been playing live for over 20 years.

Anyone know just exactly how many concerts they have performed? Im sure its a phenominal figure. After singing that many concerts, for a man that has had no voice training, I think is incredible.

Bono's voice is a gorgeous gift that I feel so lucky to have heard live 4 times now.I dont care how scratchy he may get in the future. Im just thankful he shared it with us..

------------------
Proudly brought to you by Bonobubbles*

Bono's voice is better than ever, in a different way. It sounds older, more mature, more experienced, more passionate. I love it.........

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

His voice is definately different now, like duh!
wink.gif
Whether people prefer it now, or during ZooTV or during Lovetown or JT.. or during the pre-boy tours (what are they smoking? lol) is a matter of taste just like some people prefer different music.

I definately agree that people shouldn't whine and live with it, because folks, it's not going back!

Yeah! Give the guy a break. So his voice is not as strong and smooth as it was years ago, he's aging just like everyone else in the world and his voice still amazing, we're lucky he is still able to perform and put records out. The man is simply awesome.

** BONO APPRECIATION **

gallery

------------------
Some Days Are Slippy, Other Days Are Sloppy

New Forum Smilies Vote Here!

Here, Here!!!

Cheers to The Man, .. BONO!!!

He is truly phenomenal.. and I feel blessed everytime I see him perform, no matter if he can sing a chorus or not.

BONO'S VOICE RAWKS!!! And after the 2 Chicago shows, it's a wonder I have a voice left, the way I was hollering for Bono's voice, and the whole band!!! WOOOO HOOOO!!!!

Sicy, great picture!
Angel (first poster), great post. It cracked me up. LOL!

------------------
"You're dangerous...'cause you're honest"

hail angel! i totally agree! bash the ney-sayers!!!!!

bono cant sing THIS!!!!!!!!!! bono kicks ass, and i only say so cause angel does!!!!

isnt that right angel?!?!

------------------
-death bear

Back
Top Bottom