I am researching U2 sales in U.S. and Worldwide--need help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ultraviolet353

War Child
I am doing a research project on U2 album sales. I need their U.S. (U.S. only) album sales for all of their albums (Boy- ATYCLB). I also need their total sales worldwide for all of their albums. If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it. It is for a school paper.

Hello,

I've just bumped another thread which has all the sales/chart statistics you can ask for. Look at that one (by doctorwho) for more information.

Good luck!

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

Remeber that riaa.com has all the latest sales figures for all U2's albums in the USA. Worldwide totals are much harder to come buy and are often only estimates.

Originally posted by STING2:
Remeber that riaa.com has all the latest sales figures for all U2's albums in the USA. Worldwide totals are much harder to come buy and are often only estimates.

Although the RIAA figure is under-stated - as it only equates to the award of platinum & gold disks etc. So if an album has sold 3.3m like ATYCLB, RIAA will only have counted 3 million sales in their total figure. Wioth back catalogue sales I would have though both Joshua Tree & Achtung are nearing new platinum awards too.

Mike

Or more than that. Maybe two or three million more depending on the last time it was certified. For Example: The Police's SYNCHRONICITY was certified for 4 million sold back in November 1984. On December 17, 2001, SYNCHRONICITY was certified for the first time since then for sales of 8 million albums in the USA!(www.Billboard.com Gold and Platinum Awards, this often has brand new certs listed before they make the riaa.com site)!

Back
Top Bottom