I am hitting a note a man of my age shouldn’t be hitting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2_Guy said:

Its the full voice thats hard to get high notes...

Bono IS the best singer EVER.

Period

:yes: :yes: :yes:

I really do agree with this and not just because I am a U2/Bono fan. Sometimes I can be out in a bustling noisy place and I will hear a sound and I have to follow it, to see what it is and almost every time even though it was not loud enough for me to know it at first it will be a U2 song coming from a radio.

If Bono is the best singer EVER, then why were they so darn suprised to win the band contest to start off their careers? Furthermore, I'm pretty sure the best singer EVER would have been discovered before he was almost in his 20's.

ZigZag said:
If Bono is the best singer EVER, then why were they so darn suprised to win the band contest to start off their careers? Furthermore, I'm pretty sure the best singer EVER would have been discovered before he was almost in his 20's.

I think he was a great singer once , during the mid 80s to the early 90s. But this is a u2 forum , what do you want them to say? it's bono after all, even if he sang really bad, people would still praise his singing.

In theory but I'm not sure about that, casual fans maybe but hardcore fans? even if it doesn't make sense at first. At least not for the lonely , sad people with empty lives out there, and i've read messages about how u2 save their lives, and how the band means everything to them, etc. it's not so easy to leave things behind.

jvferrandiz said:
In theory but I'm not sure about that, casual fans maybe but hardcore fans? even if it doesn't make sense at first. At least not for the lonely , sad people with empty lives out there, and i've read messages about how u2 save their lives, and how the band means everything to them, etc. it's not so easy to leave things behind.

Bollocks.

I'm very critical (ppl here knows that) and i DO believe Bono IS the best singer ever.

And U2 IS the best band ever in musical history.

Then good for you man, but let'ts be honest. I'm not saying he sings bad because he doesn't i'm just talking about objectivity IN the forum , and after all these years , the things i've read make me think this way.

Bono is a great singer. Is he Frank Sinatra? Is he the best ever? Noope, but what puts him over 99% of everyone out there is his soul and his incredible emotion he puts behind his voice. This, combined with the fact that his is a naturally gifted singer, makes him my favorite singer of all time. I dont care if hes the greatest ever...

All I can say is, when Bono was in his prime and had 100% of his voice's power, he sounded absolutely stunning. Specific performances I think of when I think of how incredible Bono's voice has been are Sunday Bloody Sunday at Red Rocks, WOWY and Streets on Rattle and Hum, when he sings Until the End of the World and Running to Stand Still on the Zoo TV tour, these performances just blow me away. There is something about his voice that no other singer can touch in my book. So much power, emotion, heart and soul. I know this may sound cheesy, but I was listening to Luminous Times some time ago and I remember thinking how a lot of the time just hearing Bono's voice comforted me and how thankful I was to U2 for the music they have brought us.

In a sentence: Bono's voice is levels above anyone else's in my opinion.

Bono's voice is JUST FINE - however it sounds! :wink:

How can anyone be so "almighty" as to try to evaluate Bono's voice?

Just relax and enjoy it - or not. :yes:

For me, Bono will ALWAYS find the right emotion and the right intonation to put into the songs he sings.

If someone can find a really "crap" Bono vocal delivery, please enlighten me.

Either appreciate the B-man for who he is and where his voice is at - or please leave him alone. :ohmy:

He's not a specimen under your microscope.

THANK YOU, BONO, FOR YOUR AMAZING LIFE AND THANKS FOR RAISING YOUR BEAUTIFUL VOICE! :bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

Just listen to Sometimes...

It's 1987/88 back again!

HE IS THE BEST SINGER EVER!

HOLY CRAP.

After all these years, he STILL manages to pull off SYCMIOYO? This guy is BEYOND AMAZING.

BrownEyedBoy said:

Yep. :yes: Right after Freddie Mercury. :wink:

Now there's a man who smoked two packs of cigarretes a day and even when he was literally dying from AIDS still managed to outsing 99% of the guys out there.

That said, Bono is pretty good. Not the best there is, but pretty good. He believes in what he's singing, which, in my book, goes a long way.

blindinglights said:
yep, when he sings wide awake.
red hill mining town is also extremely high (in between vertigo and bad) so that could definitely be a discourager from singing it live. he could always lower the key, like they do to many songs including bad, to make it easier for him in the long term but i guess for whatever reason he doesn't want to sing that song live.

What about chorus of Pride?
I also liked the HEYYY in Electrical Storm.

I read somewhere his highest recorded note is on Who's gonna ride your wild horses, the "come on now love, don't you look back" bit.

and...

listen to 'can you hear me sing?' part in SYCMIOYO, I think, that's a really high note

Back
Top Bottom