I am Back from Slane 2.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Starr

The Fly
Well guys, I made it back to NYC & you know what touring Ireland...i think i like better then NYC...The people are "lovely" & it's just so damn pretty...just wished it had better weather....

Ok, enough about that...I know you want the run down & probably others already posted about the show...but i will give you my wacky story...

Got into Dublin, went to the U2 wall, it was amazing....read tons & tons, messages from all over the world...I was staying at the Clarence...GREAT hotel....anyone going down to Dublin must stay at least one nite there. I was lucky to get 2 nites...Thursday & Friday...Sat nite was booked & the party was going on their. Meet alot people that worked for the band due to the fact that i had to pick up my tickets at the PM's offices. Which i wish i took pictures, because they had tons of pictures of band...Friday nite, Galvin Friday wondered into the hotel & he stayed in the room next to mine. I am bit puzzled by him. He is a very good looking guy but i am not sure about him. What i am not sure about is that, he looks like BONO...i mean i am not sure if he is a wanna be or Bono is biting off his style but something odd is going on there. Friday nite the place was pack with the bands friends all mulling about...I saw alot of there friends but didn't bother with any of them. Met alot wonderful people from Slane 2001 yahoo group that evening. Stayed up until like 4am, which was dumb because we got up Sat. morning at 6am, to get a taxi to Slane...dropped my bags off at the front desk to pick them up after the concert..got to Slane about 9:30....due to fact that we got half way there & realized we had NO CASH & the ATM card was not working...so we had to go back to the hotel...Waited on line in steady mist of rain which totally sucked !!!! Because i bought poster board to make a sign which i did, but it came out so 1/2 ass because the weather was crappy & i had no where to rest it... the sign said "Bono~ NYC 2 Thanks for the dance" (if anyone saw it. OH i got into the heart (whoo-hoo). The concert was amazing & bono's little girl eve came out & danced her ass off to mysterious ways. She ROCKED !!! Bono needs to take lessons from her
biggrin.gif
Saw tons & tons of camera crews filming Slane 2 & saw this guy with U2 bag that said producer, i am assuming that SLane 2 will be on TV or something...After the show, getting out of Slane was mess, we ended up following the locals into the fields...which was bad idea because where they were all jumping back over the fence was a pile of SHIT & no one said a word of this. & here i am following them, realized i am standing in SHIT, I feaked out...BOY did the New Yorker come out !!! But i saved many others from stepping into...Not only did i end up up POOP all over my sneakers but i ended up getting nedttles (sp) on my hand, some bush that stings..my hand swelled up & was welting the whole way to the buses which was miles & miles & miles. Couldn't find ours, so we ended up walking to some gas station and paying 5 pounds each to get on the bus...Thank GOD, cause at this point i wanted to shower really bad!!!! My neddles was stinging really bad & the locals where oh you need a duck leaf to get off you....That ment trying to find it...somewhere in utter darkness, no thank you...On the bus i went, back to Clarence to pick up my bags all dirty & having poop on my shows. Of course when i got there, Bono was getting ready to go home...grrrr, i wanted my bags & shower...So i talked to the doorman & he was like let me get Bono into his car & we will get in you in here. The Clarence was wonderful they offered us to hang out & they would get us some drinks & what not while we waited for a taxi to to take us to other hotel. but there was no way i was gonna stay in the hotel any longer, because all i kept seeing was clebs floating & mulling about & I HAVE TONS OF POOP on my shoes & my hand is burning...so we left.

Next day headed out dublin & made a stop at Bono's house, loved his gates, took tons of pictures but had no flim in the camera...WE didn't realize that my kick camera was filmless until the day before left Ireland. At bono's house saw his puppys' he has 5 & the gate keeper cool guy. Bono was home & about to leave but i didn't stick around because i felt kind of funny.

Left & enjoyed the country, truly amazing. Worth it !!!! SAd to be back home...

Sorry if this post is all over place but i am still recovering. Just thought i would give some highlights

------------------
Starr*
"oh I wish I were a little bar of soap..... I wish I were a little bar of soap...i'd go squishy and slimy all over people's heineys ......Oh i wish i were a little bar of soap....."

Hey Starr!!

I saw you!! I was on the tip of the heart (2nd person back) so it was definitely easy to see you and your sign! (big black writing, right?)

Slane II was unbelievable...I just got back last nite after spending the last 5 minutes living in Europe so am feeling the same way as you!

p.s.: Was it you who gave me oliver at multivarious' address? If so, thank you very, very much as it was through him that I was able to obtain my ticket!!

- julie

I'm totally jeaous, but I'm glad you had a great time!

P.S. Shit on your shoes sucks

smile.gif

------------------
BOOM-CHA

Nice report Tracie,only you could stumble into so much "drama" in a few days.Db9

PS -something for you at bottom of pg, Hope you like it -Dave

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

Welcome back Starr, lmao@the cow shite and nettles! Hey, at least ya got a good taste of Ireland
biggrin.gif
I saw ya too! Was just on the right of the peak, I think it was you, beside some guy in a Kerry jersey(green and gold). I posted some ofmy pics too, should be on page 4 of the forum by now.
Oh, and my opinion, Slane2, best gig ever!

Originally posted by ladywithspinninghead:

Hey Starr!!

I saw you!! I was on the tip of the heart (2nd person back) so it was definitely easy to see you and your sign! (big black writing, right?)

Slane II was unbelievable...I just got back last nite after spending the last 5 minutes living in Europe so am feeling the same way as you!

p.s.: Was it you who gave me oliver at multivarious' address? If so, thank you very, very much as it was through him that I was able to obtain my ticket!!

- julie

Julie, i am SO glad that you were able to get the tickets.

SHIT, Julie i think i have a picture of you because i took pictures of the people on the other side of the heart...Too funny...

Originally posted by lazyboy:
Welcome back Starr, lmao@the cow shite and nettles! Hey, at least ya got a good taste of Ireland
biggrin.gif
I saw ya too! Was just on the right of the peak, I think it was you, beside some guy in a Kerry jersey(green and gold). I posted some ofmy pics too, should be on page 4 of the forum by now.
Oh, and my opinion, Slane2, best gig ever!

NOT FUNNY LAZY !!!!! I was pretty cranky...i kepted repeating it's all about the experience...it's all about the experience..but i didn't help much...You saw me & didn't say HI, you rat bastard (hehehe). I have to say i truly spoiled..danced with Bono & made it to Slane 2 this has been the year to remember...

Originally posted by diamondbruno9:
Nice report Tracie,only you could stumble into so much "drama" in a few days.Db9

PS -something for you at bottom of pg, Hope you like it -Dave

Oh that's not the 1/2 of the drama...that was just clips...i gonna take look at you letter later in the day...

Back
Top Bottom