I AM AT A LOSS FOR WORDS!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2One

War Child
just got back from Chicago 2. don't know what to say. i was right next to the tip so the boys were extremely close, especially during Desire. i'm just so emotionally & physically drained right now. i'll post more later..................oh yeah, i met bono before the show and he posed just for me so i could get a picture. very cool & short guy

------------------
"As guests on MTV in '82 -Bono, The Edge, Adam, and Larry - they were asked to describe what they had that separated them from other artists, what made them special. If you think about it, it was a pretty ballsy question, but then again the channel was young. U2 simply responded, 'Watch us and see.' So here we are almost two decades, thirteen albums, millions of fans and more than 50 music videos later, we find ourselves still watching.

Their music - the unforgettable fires and the streets with no names - stretched far beyond the sonic landscape. The beat of every U2 song is the pulse of every human heart. When Bono shouts 'This is not a rebel song' at the start of 'Sunday, Bloody Sunday', we know that it really is. It is the sound of a generation rebelling against its own indifference.

And yes, the rumors are true. These four lads from Dublin are, indeed, rock stars. They smoke. They drink. They use bad language in mixed company. They're extremely rich and they can flash more bling than most posses in this room. They have also - they have also done more than most governments to eliminate debt in Third World countries. Rock stars they are, and God bless them for that.

What really separates U2 from the rest, more importantly, is relevance. The only thing that keeps an artists credible and alive for this long is relevance. From Boy to Joshua Tree to All That You Can't Leave Behind, this is what music feels like when it's done right. It's a fist in the air, a kick in the balls, and two hearts beating as one, and we have it all on video for you."

Desire was also on the set???? Oh my gosh, I need a boot!!!!!!

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

How did you meet Bono?! Where were you standing? Was he nice? Do tell!!!

------------------
Here's to the few who forgive what you do
and the fewer who don't even care
--Leonard Cohen

alright to best of my knowledge here's the setlist (remember i'm still in heaven right now, so i can't think clearly):

Elevation
Beautiful Day
Until the End of the World
New Year's Day
I Will Follow
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Wake Up Dead Man
Stuck In A Moment
Kite
Desire
Stay
All I Want Is You
Where The Streets Have No Name
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Pride
Bullet The Blue Sky
What's Going On
New York
One (great intro to One-Bono's speech)
Peace On Earth/Walk On

SET LIST (courtesy of u2tours)

Main Set: Elevation, Beautiful Day, Until the End of the World, New Year's Day, I Will Follow, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Wake Up Dead Man / Stuck in a Moment, Kite, Angel of Harlem, Stay, All I Want Is You, Where the Streets Have No Name, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Pride (In The Name of Love)

Encore(s): Bullet the Blue Sky, What's Going On, New York, One, Peace On Earth / Walk On

WOW what a great set list!!!!! Oh these songs better make it to the LA shows or Vegas at one point or another. LOL I want a boot!!!!

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Still no MW or WOWY either...I wonder when they'll play them again?

That's cool that you got to meet Bono!
biggrin.gif

No MW or WOWY!!!
frown.gif

------------------
"you know we got a stormy kind of love..."

Here's how I met him (maybe not as exciting as all the other stories of people meeting the band, but hey, i worked for me!!!) So I've been trying to meet the band for months now. Everytime I try I always fail. I tried to meet them a bunch of times back in May when they were here in Chicago but to no avail. I tried this past weekend and the last few days but no luck. I started to figure that maybe God didn't want me to meet U2. And then today:
I got to the general addmission line at around 12:30. once me and my friend had our spots established we asked some girls to save them and went to the entrance ramp. U2 usually arrives at the arena around 3 or 4 for soundchecks. So we went to the entrance ramp around 2:30 and there were very few people there. On our side it was just my friend and I and a few girls a little further down. So about 5-10 minutes after we got there, my friend sees a black mercedes pulling in and saw a guy in the back wearing shades. He thought it was Bono, but i didn't believe him at first because they never arrive this early. Oddly enough it was them. At this moment I'm nervous as hell reaching for my camera. Bono gets out, puts on his hat, and comes straight towards us. I'm just a loss of words at this moment. He's about 2-3 feet away from us (just a fence in between) and says "so, you're my crazy stalker who's been trying to meet me for months now." hahaha, no just kidding. He said "we're late for a photo shoot so we have to go down. We're always running late for these things." And then one of the girls asks Bono if she could take a picture. Bono said, "well we are here for a photo shoot so why not?" So he turned to the girl and posed for them. Then he turned to me (don't forget that he's still only a couple of feet from me) and poses for me and I took a picture of him. He then went to the other side to tell them that they had to go down. Edge was still sitting in the car, with the door open, so I thanked him for coming back to Chicago. It was unreal. I'm kinda pissed though that I didn't talk to him a little more or at least shake his hand. But I was sooo damn nervous that I didn't know what to say or do.

One more thing, and then I'll leave you guys alone and go to sleep. Bono is very short. He's like a little leprachaun. But he's my little irish leprachaun. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! i think it's time for me to go to sleep....Goodnight

PS: Bono said @ the concert, before Kite, that maybe they should move to Chicago. Edge can open a library, Larry can open a security business, and Adam said that he wanted to be Larry's bodygaurd. Bono then said that he would open a daycare. It was really funny. Maybe someone else who was at the show could elaborate a little more

Oh- U2One, that really is a cool story! I'm glad that you finally got to meet Bono. I'm hoping to do the same! So did Edge say or do anything in response to you?
LMAO @ Adam being Larry's bodyguard! Those crazy guys...

What has happened to The Fly???
frown.gif
Oh dear...

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Originally posted by U2One:
One more thing, and then I'll leave you guys alone and go to sleep. Bono is very short. He's like a little leprachaun. But he's my little irish leprachaun. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! i think it's time for me to go to sleep....Goodnight

PS: Bono said @ the concert, before Kite, that maybe they should move to Chicago. Edge can open a library, Larry can open a security business, and Adam said that he wanted to be Larry's bodygaurd. Bono then said that he would open a daycare. It was really funny. Maybe someone else who was at the show could elaborate a little more

Yo-GREAT STORY Boss!

Congrats!

Check out mine at bottom of pg.

Diamond-(click on)

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
Click on the following
links for story and
pics re Boston 4:

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

That is an awesome setlist!...and one of the greatest things about U2 is what they could have played, songs that didn't make the setlist...we could name off many that didn't make it that have been played live and that every fan would go nuts over..that is the power of this band on any given night.

Chris

Okay...I can't resist to give a wishlist:
Electric Co Gloria October Surrender Drowning Man A Sort of Homecoming Unforgettable Fire MLK In God's Country
One Tree Hill Mother's of the Disappeared
So Cruel Ultraviolet Acrobat Love Is Blindness Zooropa Dirty Day First Time
Last Night On Earth Please When I Look At The World...and bringing back The Fly, Mysterious Ways, and With or Without You...

Ah, that feels better just writing those songs out even if they don't play them.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom