Hypothetical thread: If U2 announced tour dates for 2004 ....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono's Tart said:

I had just had my daughter before the Leeds Popmart show, bless her she was only 6 weeks old and I went to see U2!!

Does that make me a bad mother???

No, lol! I used to watch a 4 week old boy twice and week so his parents could go out.

As for the tour, I'm trying NOT to think about it at this point since I've only got about $1100 banked (a lot of which will get used up for regular school expenses when second semester starts) and if they're in the US over the summer, there will be issues getting away from my full-time job.....but nothing's even known to the public yet so I'm just going to continue sitting on my arse and pretending I'm going to 10 shows......

mcranston said:
This is a hypothetical thread about the mild possibility of a tour next year. Pretend they announced the dates today, would you make an effort to go to the first show of the tour (assuming it wasn't on the other side of the world from you)? I live in Toronto and I would like to make an effort to get to the first show of the next tour as long as it is within North America which obviously isn't guaranteed. Even if I had the money or time I would consider flying overseas to see the first show but that's probably not gonna happen.

I'm curious what other people would do.

(btw, Janine - if you're reading this ... whattts up?)

Their first few shows are always major blunders. Too many kinks to iron out and many new songs not yet ready for public consumption. You should wait until they get to the second leg in Europe, that's when they'll be hitting their stride. But if you wanna see U2 in their blooperish best, by all means attend the first show.

Cheers,

J

I thought Elevation tour's opening night was said to have broken the curse of U2 blunders.

Schmeg said:
I would LOVE to see the first show on the tour. If it happened anywhere in North America, I would probably go. :yes: Overseas would depend on my financial situation (pathetic right now) and a few other details, but would be great!

:hmm: Why do I think you could possibly have a couple of people tagging along? That aside I'd love to go to the opening shows and hopefully can make it to numerous shows this time around. I regret not doing that the last time.

Back
Top Bottom