Hypothetical Scenario

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which would have been more successful?

• Larry, Adam, Bono, random guitarist

Votes: 28 53.8%
  • Larry, Adam, the Edge, random singer

Votes: 24 46.2%

• Total voters
biff said:
It's hilarious how some people here are convinced they know more about the band than the band itself. Even when faced with actual quotes from actual band members, they still argue their own black-or-white, pick-one-or-the-other views.

Those quotes were inconclusive to me. "Driving force" doesn't necessarily equal creative force.

ntalwar said:

Those quotes were inconclusive to me. "Driving force" doesn't necessarily equal creative force.

I guess that's why Clayton used the term, "Powerful combination of creative forces ".
It's well known that Bono doesn't just create most of the lyrics, he also comes up with most of the melodies. That's a pretty important creative contribution, wouldn't you say?
It doesn't have to be some sort of competition; both men are vital.

Personally, I don't think the band would have existed at all without both of them (and the other two). Reading through their new book now, it's clear to me how important the chemistry between the four was (and is). They fully acknowledge their limitations as musicians, but the four of them together can make magic.

(By the way, some of their recollections of the early rehearsals and gigs are laugh-out-loud funny. Great stuff!)

Back
Top Bottom