"Hunting Bears"...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
Who else finds the gross flux of radiohead wannabies sickening?
I suppose they think they're making Thom proud and that he would find all this hilarious. Yes, at first I found it funny, but now it's very very annoying.
I mean what is "Radiohead...fries...blah blah blah"? ooooh....funnnny! That doesn't make coherent sense so it must be abstract and funny.
I respect those like Johnny Swallow and co. who can be funny AND have a serious conversation all at once.

YOU GUYS ARE JUST USING A GIMMICK! And it's old!

------------------
"We got no style...swagger...but no style"

They're just having fun. Can't blame them for that.

------------------
This place is too addicting.

Should I change my name to Fozzie MacPhisto?
Would that make you happy?

Lighten up, it's only a joke.

------------------
Walka walka walka

Yes, you're just having fun, and you're free to say what you will, but...

Basstrap is right: it's been old for a long time now, particularly when the comments spill over into more serious threads.

Yeah, I realize that it's all in 'good fun'. I'm all for humour, but I also like it when people show the ability for intelligent conversation.

------------------

Hey Basstrap. I agree with you, but there IS a pretty good mix of style in here.

Besides, get rid of this stuff and we'd have nuthin to complain about!

Or maybe ppl could just whinge and moan about certain ppl. Yeah! Thats an idea! ppl they dont even know.

Sorry Bass...not you.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I love Radiohead myself, but I agree all this bullshit just isn't funny anymore. It's funny when you see it in the liner notes of a Radiohead album, but not when it keeps popping up in a U2 forum. Can we please try to keep this stuff to a minimum? I'm sure it isn't doing anything to help the server capacity either.

------------------
Change is the only constant

alright, listen up...

now ive had enough. i am NOT all these deathbears that you are seeing post!!

i cant even distinguish myself, because some people in charge have the power to disquise themselves exactly like me...

when it says deathbear at the bottom, its me. except until yesterday. then someone else for shits and giggles had to go out and mock me.

now, back to your points. perhaps it is getting old. but this is an old discussion. if anyone believes that i cant get into a serious discussion simply does not recollect properly.

you do not have to like all this bear shit. i really dont care. am i trying to makr thom yorke happy?! oh yes!! im just doing this to lick his scrotum!! i love him more than words will ever describe!!
rolleyes.gif

this is ME. the fries are MINE, it has nothing to do with radiohead. the bears do, but who cares?

besides it will not last for very much longer, i GARUNTEEEEE it. i am going away in a month, so weehee he, cant catch me.

then you can talk about all you want regarding u2 setlists, what bonos hair looks like yesterday compared today, reaffirming for the billionth time that larry mullen is a hottie, bitch about any u2 performance that was recently aired, complain or use standard praises about the album, and go through all the regular ho-hum that u2 is involved with right now. lets face it, almost every possible u2 thingie has been discussed in depth here, so you have to expect irrelevant posts to come up.

have fun with the playground kids, and i apologize for apparently "vandalizing" it.

------------------
-deathbear

Originally posted by Arabian Pre-Packaged Bear:
then you can talk about all you want regarding u2 setlists, what bonos hair looks like yesterday compared today, reaffirming for the billionth time that larry mullen is a hottie, bitch about any u2 performance that was recently aired, complain or use standard praises about the album, and go through all the regular ho-hum that u2 is involved with right now.

Well, pardon us for using a U2 fan forum to discuss U2.

you completely missed my point.

anyone who has that mundane of a mind bores me.

i discuss u2 as well, but when theres nothing else to talk about u2, then some other "abstract" things will pop up. big deal.

look at swallows thread right now. he used to always complain about the bears and what not, now he started a thread where we can put down people. is it a joke, and is really not serious?? ofcourse!! so what!?!?

i shoulnt have to defend myself.

------------------
-deathbear

[This message has been edited by Arabian Pre-Packaged Bear (edited 09-30-2001).]

I think we should remember that if you don't like what you see, just ignore it instead of fighting about it.

------------------
This place is too addicting.

Yes mikal, grand idea. Just dont open the threads you dont want to read. I agree though that radiohead comments should be kept in those threads and not spilled into others.

Blah. Lighten up is right.

------------------
I Hear Voices, Ridiculous Voices

I feel the need to defend deathbear here. So, you don't like radiohead threads and apparently you are not then only one who feels that way. On the flipside, there are others, like myself, who enjoy his threads very much. As a matter of fact, I may have to start a deathbear fan club.
wink.gif
I think this forum will be a very dull place when he leaves for Europe. Deathbear has an unusual sense of humor and not everybody "gets it". Some of you prefer a more straight-forward style of humor. That's cool, everybody is different. But there are those of us who do enjoy a more "abstract" sense of humor and that's okay too. I really don't see why you have to get so angry and personally offended by such things. It is fairly simple to determine which threads are radiohead threads and which ones are not. Why don't you just avoid them? Can't there be room for all types of people here or does everyone have to fit into your rigid, little box? Besides, there hasn't even been a radiohead thread in EYKIW for several days so why are you posting this now??

My answer is still fries.

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Originally posted by Arabian Pre-Packaged Bear:
thanks calluna, and happy 1300th post.

Wow, I didn't even notice my post count! Thanks bear!
smile.gif

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Originally posted by Calluna:

I feel the need to defend deathbear here. So, you don't like radiohead threads and apparently you are not then only one who feels that way. On the flipside, there are others, like myself, who enjoy his threads very much. As a matter of fact, I may have to start a deathbear fan club.
wink.gif
I think this forum will be a very dull place when he leaves for Europe. Deathbear has an unusual sense of humor and not everybody "gets it". Some of you prefer a more straight-forward style of humor. That's cool, everybody is different. But there are those of us who do enjoy a more "abstract" sense of humor and that's okay too. I really don't see why you have to get so angry and personally offended by such things. It is fairly simple to determine which threads are radiohead threads and which ones are not. Why don't you just avoid them? Can't there be room for all types of people here or does everyone have to fit into your rigid, little box? Besides, there hasn't even been a radiohead thread in EYKIW for several days so why are you posting this now??

My answer is still fries.

------------------
I Hear Voices, Ridiculous Voices

Fair enough
But I don't buy the "I don't get it" thing. If there was humour in saying "fries" I would laugh.
I prefer heavily sarcastic/satirical humour, and yes, sometimes when things just don't make sense it's hilarious, but not always!

anywho, now that I'm a nark I'll leave this subject alone.

------------------

Fries... gah... ok then, someones on crack. If I were to say Llama, or whimsical, or tankard, doesnt mean that its funny... I could attach anything to any post and it wouldnt be funny. You arent a nark, nor are you so uptight, humor like that is so subjective, some people find it funny, others dont, but its kind of irritating to see things cluttering up other posts which are supposed to be a serious topic and then people immediately take credibility away by saying things like broccoli, or fries... Its not so much that the word itself, nor the inside joke is bad, its just sometimes more descretion is needed when one makes a post, if somethings serious then it should stay serious. If somethings funny or degrading in some way then by all means say something entertaining to lighten the mood or to keep people laughing. Well thats my opinion at least. Time for the flames of hatred to be fanned further by someone who will surely disagree.

------------------
"And this happy little fellow is the gouger!"

alright basstrap. what i didnt get was why someone is immitating me. they tried to explain it to me, and the thought was nice, but now they can leave it alone already.

so basstrap, i dont mean to piss you off or anyone with my posts.

bebe im doing what i told you i was thinking about for months. i care not to talk about it here, at least not now.

------------------
-deathbear

I understand deathbear--this only proves that my attention/memory span is horrible. You do what you've got to do, but whatever you do, always laugh in the face of fear (and death)

------------------
"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up." -- Jesse Jackson

Originally posted by ~unforgettableFOXfire~:
Fries... gah... ok then, someones on crack. If I were to say Llama, or whimsical, or tankard, doesnt mean that its funny...

Sorry to be an instigator... but I find the word "Llama" very funny(inside joke)

Back
Top Bottom