Htdaat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the tourist

Blue Crack Addict
How To Dismantle An Atomic Tracklist

01. City Of Blinding Lights; the epic buildup of this song would have been a marvelous companion of such epic buildups as Streets and Zooropa.

02. Vertigo; after the huge sweeping buildup comes the radio friendly hit single to grab the attention of the casual listener and make them want more.

03. Crumbs From Your Table; after the fast paced radio friendly hit single must come a song only U2 could have made, and a midtempo song fits nicely after a rocker.

04. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own; keeping in progressively slowing down, this song bring the album to the slowest point it's been and then picks it back up again by the end of the song.

05. A Man And A Woman; keep the beautiful vocals ringing on with the Adult Top 40 hit (if it ever became a single).

06. One Step Closer; side A ends with a peaceful ballad in the vein of The Passengers, The First Time, and Running To Stand Still.

07. Love And Peace Or Else; side B opens with the huge bass drone of Brian Eno and then kicks things into gear.

08. Fast Cars; following the stomping blues of Love And Peace comes the fast paced acoustic guitar little rocker.

09. All Because Of You; after the acoustic rocker with the riff comes the electric rocker with the riff.

10. Miracle Drug; Beautiful Day part two is the perfect bridge between U2 rocking and U2 being classic U2.

11. Original Of The Species; this song doesn't make any sense when it's not near the end -- putting this song anywhere else takes away from the urgency of impending end in Bono's vocals.

12. Yahweh; song leaves listener happy with a bright outlook on life, a perfect end.

I agree with One Step Closer finishing Side A...that's a good idea but I still don't think COBL should open. I think Vertigo is a good opening track.

well fast cars obviously could be replaced by xanax......

well played here. good tracklisting.

It could, but I was just going with the songs that are on the album (I got one of the ones where Fast Cars was track 12).

the only problem with this order is I think Miracle Drug is too good of a song to be so late on an album

Chizip said:
the only problem with this order is I think Miracle Drug is too good of a song to be so late on an album

I was trying to make it balanced, not load one side up with all the good ones and the others with the weaker ones. I was trying to make it more of an album flow than a six-singles-at-the-beginning-and-six-throwaways-at-the-end sorta deal....

You may have done it!
You may have cracked the code!
I love this running order (even though I love the original)
I've given it a listen on the iPod and really dig the vibe THIS version of the album has.
Good job!

Last edited:
Yeah, I could almost see how this would turn it into a good album. Almost. You should be employed as a consultant. You've got the flow down, which creates a proper atmosphere, and could allow me to forgive faults of individual songs. I think it's still lacking enough good songs though. I would propose a combined ATYCLB/HTDAAB something like this:

1. Beautiful Day
2. Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out of
3. Elevation / Love and Peace...
4. Kite
5. Miracle Drug / Electrical Storm
6. In a Little While

7. City of Blinding Lights
8. Wild Honey / A Man and a Woman
9. Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own
10. Peace on Earth
11. New York
12. One Step Closer

A combined effort between ATYCLB and HTDAAB?

City Of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Kite
Walk On
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
Original Of The Speices

Love And Peace Or Else
Fast Cars (calling the Jacknife Lee version the original)
Vertigo
Elevation (calling the Tomb Raider version the original)
Electrical Storm ("b-side" version)
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
One Step Closer

I couldn't do it in less than 14 songs.

ATYCLB/HTDAAB

Love And Peace Or Else
Elevation
Stuck In A Moment
Walk On
Beautiful Day
Kite

A Man And A Woman