HTDAAB Virginity Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FullonEdge2

Refugee
This is for everyone who wants to remain pure or relatively pure for the release of HTDAAB.

Definition of virginity: Either not having listened to a note from the new album or only having heard less than half of the songs on the album(either a clip or the song in its entirety, in this case a max of 5 songs are allowed). Only clips from 5 songs have been released so far, so if you have listened to them all, you are still eligible to join the club. However, you are then NOT allowed to listen to any other song on the album until its release date.

This purpose of this club is to retain the magic of the moment when you hear multiple songs you have never heard before. Come on everybody! It's time to save yourselves for that moment. There is only just over a month left. YOU CAN DO IT!

Please sign below to join. This is for your own good!

hmmmm very interesting indeed, but still theres been about 4 tracks sufrace in one format or another (vertigo, mirical drug, all because of you, city of blinding lights) so when we buy the special edition album we will get 7/8 new album tracks depending on where u live plus another 4 new acoustic tracks

still gonna get the magic feeling :D

quadcaster said:
hmmmm very interesting indeed, but still theres been about 4 tracks sufrace in one format or another (vertigo, mirical drug, all because of you, city of blinding lights) so when we buy the special edition album we will get 7/8 new album tracks depending on where u live plus another 4 new acoustic tracks

still gonna get the magic feeling :D

Don't forget Love and Peace or Else!

You can listen to those 5 clips, that's all. Then you can look forward to a very delicious never before heard 6 songs as well as those awesome 5 on November23!:angel: :hyper:

FullonEdge2 said:
This is for everyone who wants to remain pure or relatively pure for the release of HTDAAB.

Definition of virginity: Either not having listened to a note from the new album or only having heard less than half of the songs on the album(either a clip or the song in its entirety, in this case a max of 5 songs are allowed). Only clips from 5 songs have been released so far, so if you have listened to them all, you are still eligible to join the club. However, you are then NOT allowed to listen to any other song on the album until its release date.

This purpose of this club is to retain the magic of the moment when you hear multiple songs you have never heard before. Come on everybody! It's time to save yourselves for that moment. There is only just over a month left. YOU CAN DO IT!

Please sign below to join. This is for your own good!

That is THE loosest definition of 'virginity' I have ever read. (No pun intended.) You can't have two competing definitions of 'album virginity.' That first one should be the only one, or say, 'If you've only heard Vertigo.' Not 'If you've only heard 5 songs off the album.' Come on, there. I know you want to be inclusive but it defeats the whole purpose.

Anyway - I've only heard Vertigo, and about 1/4 of a spanish beach clip. I couldn't bear to get all the way through that piece of crap recording. So I'm a pseudo-virgin.

I've gotten to first base with the album.

I've heard Vertigo, the 50 second-beach clip of ABOY, the 90s secs or so of Miracle Drug, and the 3 minutes of Love And Peace...So, I still have plenty to look forward to, not to mention that the bonus thingy with the 4 acoustic tunes has me really excited for some reason ;)

Fullon, You can count me in!

Listened "only" to Vertigo (it's impossible to avoid it on the radio in Italy) and those "spaniards&waves" short clips!

:( however it won't be easy!

Can I make a comparison to- errrm... uh busting a ... no, a male orga--- no.. ejac-- hmmm nevermind.

Yea, I am pure whore for this album. I've been waiting too long through too many release date changes. :huh:

I don't think I could call myself a 'virgin', since I've heard everything that is available so far, but I'm serioulsy thinking about resisting from now on if anything else comes out of the internet before Nov.23rd. I'm not sure I'll be able to... but maybe I can find some support in this 'virgin club' thing!

My dilemma at this point is that, in a way, I want to have the rest of the album as a surprise now, and listen to real good recordings of the songs, as opposed to what we 've had so far. But at the same time, I also like to make my own impression of a song before I read millions of comments about it. And there is NO WAY I can't stop coming here until Nov.23rd, and I know that if more songs become available, I won't resist reading everyone's comments about it, and it might 'alter' my expectations of the songs...

Hmmm... difficult choice...

Re: Re: HTDAAB Virginity Club

Miggy D said:

That is THE loosest definition of 'virginity' I have ever read. (No pun intended.) You can't have two competing definitions of 'album virginity.' That first one should be the only one, or say, 'If you've only heard Vertigo.' Not 'If you've only heard 5 songs off the album.' Come on, there. I know you want to be inclusive but it defeats the whole purpose.

Anyway - I've only heard Vertigo, and about 1/4 of a spanish beach clip. I couldn't bear to get all the way through that piece of crap recording. So I'm a pseudo-virgin.

I've gotten to first base with the album.

The reason you are allowed to listen to 5 songs and still be considered a virgin is because with more than 5 weeks until the release very few people would have the will power to resist. Now, you have 5 clips to listen to if you must listen to anything, and you have 5 weeks to go without listening to another crappy clip. Oh yes, the other reason for the 5 song limit is because I've listened to 5 songs. If you have only listened to Vertigo, you are a first class virgin. I don't expect that, but more power to you!

Come on all you HTDAAB whores and sluts! It's not too late!

I'm a big time slut - I will go to any lengths to get new u2 material. I will listen to everything that is available and I will like it - alot.
But good luck to all the virgins out there :wink:

I've just listened to Vertigo on the radio. Nothing else. I'm proud of myself because last time I downloaded everything I could. This is the first time a new U2 album has come out since I've been married so my wife and I are "saving" our first listen for each other...ha! Anyways...I'm still holding out for us both :)

no willpower + years of anticipation + the excitement of hearing 'city of blinding lights' = me, the anti-virgin.

i'll be all over any new leaks like a wet dish rag. too much is not enough.

While I've heard every leak and clip that's come out, I've decided to abstain from any future clips...for my own benefit.

Screw that !!:wink:

4 years of my life went by w/o a new album. 4 years for 11 songs is a loooong time to wait. If the avg man lives until age 72, then 6% of my life has passed. I'm not waiting another 4 weeks. Who knows, I could be struck by a bus tomorrow....I'd rather go out having heard some crappy clips than nothing at all. Good luck to the rest of you.

I have not listened to a note of any song other than Vertigo, which has been officially released.

I will not listen to a note of any song other than Vertigo until 11/23/04.

I want that day when I purchase the album to be filled with as much anticipation and excitement as possible...so I will not give in!!!

Back
Top Bottom