HTDAAB - standard version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bathiu

Refugee
I have it... and I'm mad because it was avalaible since friday:mad: ... stupid "official" release dates.

Anyway... the booklet is very cool... I would say their best since AB... but that might be just my opinion... there are only 3 photos by Anton used, the rest is from this video from Vertigo DVD single, the one with a Vertigo remix... blured pics of the band... sometimes with those red lines... IMO very good booklet.

The music... there's something diferent about the songs... they are the same as those "leaked"... but diferent.. I don't know maybe it's the quality (thought I had the best versions on MP3...:huh: )

Now I'm just wait for the Special delux etc edition... and after long 7 years of waiting for a real new U2 album...I'm a happy fan again! :)

yes, and much more details about the songs... you know, music by, lyrics by, produced by, "every additional instruments" by....etc much more than what we first had a few weeks ago...

For example: there's additional guitar on Miracle Drug from Bono and additional percussion and synthesizers by Carl Glanville... (to be honest I don't even know who he is...:huh: )

The booklet is realy a must for all the info about the songs...

But the Collector's Edition won't have all this (lyrics, etc.)? Am I understanding this right?

oh boy, let's start bitching about the collector's edition not having the lyrics in it again now.

edit: and to answer your question, Yes, it seems that way. :wink:

That's right.

Bathiu, can you provide any more details about the difference between the mp3s and the real songs? Is it just that the higher audio quality brings out more detail in the music? More bass heavy?

Can someone post the standard HTDAAB booklet?

Now you got me all excited, bathiu!

To make it clear, the collector's edition has every song listed as well, music by, lyrics by etc, but it all is on a piece of 'cardboard'.
And also in a book you have a special page where all the information goes, the dedication, thanks etc.

Just to make it clear;)

FullonEdge2 said:
That's right.

Bathiu, can you provide any more details about the difference between the mp3s and the real songs? Is it just that the higher audio quality brings out more detail in the music? More bass heavy?

yes, just the quality... after a few more listenigs... and yes, more bass heavy, more clear, more detail in the music and basicly more...:wink:

Last edited:
Anyone thinking of buying the album I would suggest buy the proper version with the DVD and not the "Special Edition with Book and the Human Rights charter minus Lyrics, album artwork etc retailing at £10 more than the CD + DVD" whoops I'm beginning to sound bitter here!:wink:

Simon Gogerly, Greg Collins, Fabien Waltmann, Simon Osbourne, Ian Rossiter, Kieran Lynch - engineering, programming, additional mixing, assistants...

Who the hell are they???:)
Those are new names for me in U2 universe:huh: ...

Can someone post the standard HTDAAB booklet?

I don't have a scanner, sorry... but realy, you just have to watch the Vertigo remix video from Vertigo DVD and you'll realy have a picture of how it all looks like:)

bathiu said:

yes, just the quality... after a few more listenigs... and yes, more bass heavy, more clear, more detail in the music and basicly more...:wink:

Cool. I can't wait!:up:

bathiu said:
I don't have a scanner, sorry... but realy, you just have to watch the Vertigo remix video from Vertigo DVD and you'll realy have a picture of how it all looks like:)

I wish I could watch the video, but they didn't release it in America. Just like the bonus track version of HTDAAB. And the early release, too. I feel jipped.:mad:

Back
Top Bottom