HTDAAB Lyric Snippets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADecentMelody

War Child
Miracle Drug - "The stars are in your eyes, I see them when you smile, I had enough of the antidote to give it up for a miracle drug."

Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own - "You don't have to put up a fight, you don't have to always be right, let me take some of the punches for you tonight"

Love and Peace or Else - "Lay your love on the track, we're gonna break the monster's back."

A Man and a Woman - "I could never take a chance of losing love to find romance, I could never understand the mysterious distance between a man and a woman".

Crumbs from your Table - "Where you live should not decide whether you live or whether you die."

One Step Closer - "A heart that hurts is a heart that beats."

Original of the Species - "Some things you shouldn't get too good at, like smiling, crying and celebrity."

Yahweh - "Take this soul stranded in some skin and bone and make it sing; take this mouth so quick to criticise and give it a kiss."

Why do I have quotes from the upcoming lyrics above? I’ve been thinking about these lyrics floating around, released via HTDAAB reviews and I’m trying to weigh them with each other. I like what I see so far. So, aside from the three songs (Vertigo, COBL, ABOY) that’s been sent around, which of these other lyrics intrigue you, impress you, excite you, make you think, and really…make you want to break into that handcuffed suitcase?

I know I don’t have every quote above but what are your thoughts? The more I read it, I really really like “you don’t have to put up a fight; you don’t have to always be right; let me take some punches for you tonight.”

27 more days… :drool:

You should add
"I want to trip inside your head, spend the day there. Hear the things you haven't said" for Miracle Drug, unless you wanted to just have one line for each song. I like the lyrics, ABOY has very personal ones, really like them. Only one I look at and I'm like "aaahhh...i dont know" are the CFY Table, they seem to directly pointed to the AIDS and Africa Crisis, I dont mind a song about that, but not directly.

I love that line from Yahweh. That's so clearly about Bono's often harsh and cynical father, who had lost his faith as his life was waining. It's heartbreaking, but I believe the song in the end will be inspiring, with the album as a whole being, as Bono says, "a journey from fear into faith".
Less than a month to go....

Am I the only one who finds it really sad that Bono's dad lost his faith before he died? I'm sure that crushed Bono.

Hopefully he gained it back before he died. Reeeaallly hope so. Thinking of my dad not going to Heaven is pretty heartbreaking. This album will definitely be emotional!! Man I better not start feeling bad for enjoying these song!!!

Last edited:
I've already quoted the new lyrics! I used the lyric "Everywhere you go you shout it, you don't have to be shy about it" from Original of the Species on an application that I turned in last week. :D

madonna's child said:
I've already quoted the new lyrics! I used the lyric "Everywhere you go you shout it, you don't have to be shy about it" from Original of the Species on an application that I turned in last week. :D

The melody from the online snippet of OOTS is excellent...sounds like a companion to Kite!

I love the Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own lyrics where he says: "You and I fight all the time, that's all right, we're the same soul -- if we weren't so alike you'd like me a whole lot more." Beautiful and very personal.

Back
Top Bottom