HTDAAB is the REAL U2's third masterpiece !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DarkAcrobat

The Fly
'Nuff said !!

Who agree with me ?

HTDAAB bashers, U2 haters, all the ugly people trapped in the past, crying for an AB II , or JT II, please avoid to post here.

THANK GOODNESS!

A POSITIVE THREAD FOR A CHANGE!

I'd say that HTDAAB is U2's third masterpiece too, after The Unforgettable Fire and The Joshua Tree. It's an awesome, well-written album made by a maturing band full of talent.

Irishteen said:
Sorry can't agree because AB was there third masterpiece.

I wasn't offending the album just statuing ti isn't the third masterpiece, because that happened in 1991 get wotht the times.

namkcuR said:
Not at all.

MP1.JT
MP2.AB
MP3.Pop
MP4.ATYCLB
Im not anti-ATYCLB at all but... thats a masterpiece? :eyebrow:

Id say that my "masterpiece list" would be...

MP1. TUF
MP2. JT
MP3. AB
MP4. Pop.

Which makes HTDAAB their 5th masterpiece... (IMO anyway).

It's their 12th masterpiece. :wink:

Nah, I'm kidding. ATYLCB blew. It's their 11th. :wink:

Seriously though, the only two masterpieces in my eyes are the Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby. At least, works that I think would be seen as masterpieces in everyone's eyes. Personally, I think that JT, AB, UF, and Zooropa are the band's "masterpieces." You can maybe add HTDAAB into that, but while I loved that one at first, I haven't been quite as keen on it lately.

I like HTDAAB, but I can't label it the third masterpiece.

I think the author who dubbed ATYCLB the third masterpiece was speaking in terms of being a very accessible, powerful album that sort of transcends time, and that casual listeners as well as fans could relate to. This usually translates to very high sales, as it did with ATYCLB. To this author's credit, he predicted ATYCLB would be this sort of album, and he was right.

When the general public thinks of U2 they will always think JT, AB, and ATYCLB. So those are the "three masterpieces".

agree that it's the 3rd masterpiece of the 00's just after the contribution to the m$hotel and atyclb

Masterpiece #1 - THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE
Masterpiece #2 - THE JOSHUA TREE
Masterpiece #3 - ACHTUNG BABY

HTDABB and ATYCLB could have been real masterpieces with a 100% Bono, but he is too absent. For good reasons of course ( Africa), but i miss him :sad:

jacobus :up:

They have yet to write their 4th masterpiece. Although the last 2 albums are good, they are not exceptional like the ones listed above.

Seems like a few of you, but not all, are confusing this thread with a "names your 3 favorite albums" thread. ATYCLB is their third masterpiece. I'd go into greater depth, but I already wrote a rediculously long piece on this exact same topic last year sometime that I don't feel like writing again.

ATYCLB is not the third masterpiece, and The Unforgettable Fire is the first masterpiece, now I love ATYCLB I would call it a masterpiece, but not the 3rd.

I was remembering the Rolling Stone's ATYCLB review, labeling that album like:

"U2's third masterpiece",

Nowadays, the pure and raw truth is:

HTDAAB blows ATYCLB out of water

HTDAAB rocks

ATYCLB not

HTDAAB is full of great hooks, great intros, great outros , great song buildings, great Edge's guitar, awesome bassssss.

And Bono delivering his best performance ever !!:

Sometimes you can't make it on your own.

:drool:

My personal list:

Current top 5:

1.- Achtung Baby

2.- Joshua Tree

3.- "The Bomb"

4.- UF

5.- Boy

guill said:
HTDABB and ATYCLB could have been real masterpieces with a 100% Bono, but he is too absent. For good reasons of course ( Africa), but i miss him :sad:
thanks for telling me that its no what i thought it was,

Sken said:
jacobus :up:

They have yet to write their 4th masterpiece. Although the last 2 albums are good, they are not exceptional like the ones listed above.
again thanks for telling me that everything am thinking about what U2's materpieces are, that am wrong cheers,

DarkAcrobat said:
I was remembering the Rolling Stone's ATYCLB review, labeling that album like:

"U2's third masterpiece",

Nowadays, the pure and raw truth is:

HTDAAB blows ATYCLB out of water

HTDAAB rocks

ATYCLB not

HTDAAB is full of great hooks, great intros, great outros , great song buildings, great Edge's guitar, awesome bassssss.

And Bono delivering his best performance ever !!:

Sometimes you can't make it on your own.

:drool:

My personal list:

Current top 5:

1.- Achtung Baby

2.- Joshua Tree

3.- "The Bomb"

4.- UF

5.- Boy

ATYCLB >>> HTDAAB

Back
Top Bottom