HTDAAB: hints towards the future

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

laurent24

The Fly
On HTDAAB u2 is doing classic u2 with a perfection not matched on their previous records. No song skipping on this record because this 12 song beast has no weak links. The only drawback is that when you hear the new songs you immediately wonder if you haven't heard them somewhere before in some form or other. Fortunately HTDAAB also gives away some hints of a band with the potential to break new ground next time around.
The track "Fast Cars"is weird and obscure but at the same time u2 at their most exciting. "Love and peace or else"is another highlight of the band leaving familiar territory and being mightily good at it. With this record u2 shows the world they can swim. Next time they should show us they can fly. There is no doubt they can.

I agree, laurent24 - I love "Fast Cars" and "Love and Peace..." because they are U2 stretching their musical horizons and that is historically when U2 has done their BEST music! :yes:

To really apreciate U2 and their music, you have to GO INTO EACH SONG WITH AN OPEN MIND AND HEART and just let the words and the sounds that you hear take you to "that other place".

GRACE FINDS BEAUTY IN EVERYTHING....:adam: :larry: :edge: :bono: :hug:

Love ya review, although I havent heard fast cars yet so I dont know much about it.

I was thinking just personally that maybe a man and a woman is a hint to the future. it just feels different to anything u2 have done before. very marvin gaye.

Back
Top Bottom