HTDAAB + Electrical Storm/Hands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcrt2000

Refugee
Hey, do you guys think that Electrical Storm (william orbit mix) and THTBA (Best of DVD mix) would fit well on this album? if so what would your track list order be with these songs included? if anyone runs into one of the members of the band i'd LOVE them to ask this question because I feel that ES/THTBA didn't get their fair share of playtime because they were on the best of.. i would have waited until we got mercy & fast cars as well for a listen, but i was itching to ask this question :)

My list would be:

1. ABOY
2. LAPOE
3. Miracle Drug
4. SYCMIOYO
5. Vertigo
6. Electrical Storm (William Orbit Mix)
7. A Man and a Woman
8. Crumbs From Your Table
9. Yahweh
10. Original of the Species
11. THTBA (DVD mix)
12. COBL
13. One Step Closer

Starsgoblue gave me the idea to throw Electrical Storm in the mix. I left the running order the same, but put Electrical Storm between ABOY and Man/Woman. I also have 'Are You Gonna Wait Forever' and 'Neon Lights' at the end. It looks like this

1. Vertigo
2. Miracle Drug
3. Sometimes...
4. Love and Peace...
5. City...
6. ABOY
7. Electrical Storm
8. Man/Woman
9. Crumbs
10. One Step Closer
11. Original/Species
12. Yahweh
13. Are You Gonna Wait Forever.
14. Neon Lights

There's that unease in ES that carries into Man/Woman (the line 'Little sister don't you worry about a thing today, took your heat from the sun...I know everything is not ok' It's like the storm swept through and Man/Woman is what remains.

Neon Lights really ends the whole listen on a great note. I think Grace was a great closer fot ATYCLB and Lights has the same feel.

Last edited:
mofo82 said:
Starsgoblue gave me the idea to throw Electrical Storm in the mix. I left the running order the same, but put Electrical Storm between ABOY and Man/Woman. I also have 'Are You Gonna Wait Forever' and 'Neon Lights' at the end. It looks like this

1. Vertigo
2. Miracle Drug
3. Sometimes...
4. Love and Peace...
5. City...
6. ABOY
7. Electrical Storm
8. Man/Woman
9. Crumbs
10. One Step Closer
11. Original/Species
12. Yahweh
13. Are You Gonna Wait Forever.
14. Neon Lights

There's that unease in ES that carries into Man/Woman (the line 'Little sister don't you worry about a thing today, took your heat from the sun...I know everything is not ok' It's like the storm swept through and Man/Woman is what remains.

Neon Lights really ends the whole listen on a great note. I think Grace was a great closer fot ATYCLB and Lights has the same feel.

I think AYGWF is on the fence whether you could put it on or off but I think Neon Lights shouldn't be on, its too bland, theres no layers of music or anything... I think Hands would be a better addition, would help improve the perception of bono's vocal condition because his voice is really good in ES & Hands

I had a go at an alternative ATYCLB tracklisting today:

Beautiful Day
Electrical Storm(Orbit Mix)
Walk On (album version)
Wild Honey
Kite
Elevation (Tomb Raider version)
Stuck In A Moment (acoustic)
Ground Beneath Her Feet

8 songs, 33 minutes long, this line-up worked surprisingly well! E.Storm is from ATYCLB sessions as we know, and it flows perfectly after Beautiful Day, I don't know why it was never on the album...Stuck Acoustic is so superior to the album cut it hurts! and 'Ground should have been on ATYCLB as an official track..

Anyway, try it out ;)

Sleep Over Jack said:
I had a go at an alternative ATYCLB tracklisting today:

Beautiful Day
Electrical Storm(Orbit Mix)
Walk On (album version)
Wild Honey
Kite
Elevation (Tomb Raider version)
Stuck In A Moment (acoustic)
Ground Beneath Her Feet

8 songs, 33 minutes long, this line-up worked surprisingly well! E.Storm is from ATYCLB sessions as we know, and it flows perfectly after Beautiful Day, I don't know why it was never on the album...Stuck Acoustic is so superior to the album cut it hurts! and 'Ground should have been on ATYCLB as an official track..

Anyway, try it out ;)

But, but, no "In a Little While"? No "New York"? :sad: :sad: :sad:

I'm not a fan of New York I find it a bit forced;) IALW is good though, but it didn't fit in the flow of this track-list sorry! :D

bugger that, william orbit mix is silly

the original version of electrical storm (on the b-sides) is so much better and it has a similar sound to htdaab!

it would fit better

duno if hands would fit atall

quadcaster said:
bugger that, william orbit mix is silly

the original version of electrical storm (on the b-sides) is so much better and it has a similar sound to htdaab!

it would fit better

duno if hands would fit atall

I used to like the band version a lot but i think it grew thin on me-- it wasn't as layered/varied, it felt a little plain...

I think the DVD mix of hands would fit well with Original of the Species, the sounds are very similar

I have a long trip to work each day so I tried to configure ES and THTBA into the HTDAAB tracklisting to make a 70 minute CD.

No matter how I tried, they just didn't seem to fit. Guess I'll just have to wait for more b-sides.

Back
Top Bottom