HTDAAB Box set will include Fast Cars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
...in some countries. Maybe in every country, who knows? Found this on the U2 New Zooland site:
"Further to this press release, we have been told that the Super-Deluxe Edition of the album that will be released in New Zealand will also feature the bonus track, Fast Cars. (That's the Super-Deluxe Edition ONLY - not the Deluxe or Standard Editions.)

Also, there will only be 2,000 copies of the Super-Deluxe Edition released in New Zealand. Therefore, if you want one of these, it would be advisable to pre-order one at least a few days ahead of the scheduled release date (which is Monday 22nd November)."

So, New Zealand fans... better get your copy real soon!
I just hope that European countries will also get Fast Cars, at least on special editions of the album.

Last edited:
yeah, but what do we get on the ultra-super-deluxe-version-millinium-edition?

This is so weird because I had this dream
with Ewan McGregor in it (he doesn't show up enough there!)
where we were checking out this very cool
amphibious FAST CAR
and then we get in it
and pull right up on shore of a country that looked like...

New Zealand, now that I think about it!...

and then we drive around til we get to a highway that's gridlocked with traffic...ewan's now disappeared and I'm with my
son instead...and we get out as we realize everyone's playing on their radios news about how The Atomic Bomb (or whatever it would be these days) just went off!

Isn't that weird?! This dream happened a couple weeks ago but still..

So, I predict that only island-nations with sizeable numbers of ewan mcgregor fans will get the Fast Cars track...

cheers!

I love the nation of my birth. My father has just found himself a job. GET ME THE SUPER-DELUXE EDITION.

:huh: Why does there have to be like 20 "editions" of EVERYTHING these days? I'd like to know the purpose b/c the little voice in the back of my head keeps whispering "sell out". Can't a record just be a record anymore?

I am so out of most medialoops that I don't know how common it is for there to be a gazillion editions of stuff...
I feel like yeah, they add shit to dvds for movies to try to get sales they wouldn't otherwise...they being the marketing people who tell the production people what to package...
and there is that whole director's cut trip, but that seems to me to be at least a lot about actual creative process.

The deal with multiple editions of new stuff feels to me like a weird function of the global marketplace. It sucks if you don't have resources but it's kinda fun imho if you do. I love the idea of trying to get my hands on x y or z from some other spot on the globe, and with the internet and a creditcard it's not so hard.
I can believe it truly stinks for kids, for people who can't afford the time or money to search etc.
But then I'm into the whole idea of different mixes as a lovely
window onto the creative process that leaves the show a show, you know? It doesn't de-construct it for you to the point of your not being able to just be hit by the music...it lets you hear what's really there and how it came to be there in a nice way...

cheers !

Back
Top Bottom