HTDAAB and ....kids?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a 10 year old friend who gave the album a 9,and said that the only bad thing about it was the name....his fave is Vertigo though,so I don't know....

:drool: <----I just like this smiley for some reason!

Re: Re: HTDAAB and ....kids?!?

Funny how young these kids are... yet most of the TRL/high school crowd is all about fake, Hollywood acts that don't even write, play, or in Ashley Simpson's case, don't even sing their own music. I guess most of the TRL crowd isn't grown up enough for anything meaningful.

Yeah, I was only 11 when I first heard U2 and I've been obsessed ever since. Speaking for the younger generation, i think that a lot of the songs ( that I've heard so far, semi-good girl that I am) have a lot of energy and a louder sound which I think will attract teens and kids.

jick just let the kid go, let him cut his teeth on U2 and in afew more years u'll have another U2 fanatic like urself 2 talk 2 and enter competitions n stuff..... like a best mate :D

he will always remember how his uncle introduced him to U2 and how it changed his life :D

Last edited:
Hi all! First post on Interference! Great site btw. Long time U2 fan and been looking for a good U2 site on the net and I think I may have found what I'm looking for. :yes: :hyper:

Anyways, when Vertigo was released to Radio stations and the net back in late September I put the song on a CD and listened to it in the car. Well, my 6yr old Daughter won't let me drive any where w/o me playing it...at least a few times and she's got the song down word for word. I'm happy because she listens to nothing but Country music when she's with my Wife, so its about time she started listening to some *real* music! :wink: :yes:

Imagine this:

a shy 12-yr old girl (skinny as a rail, bookish, and with big nerdy glasses) walking down the middle school hall singing "Gloria, in te Dominae, gloria, GLOR-ia.." and "RE-JOI-OICEEE!"over and over...(that's what "Scarlet" is , from that album..just Bono singing "Rejoice!"over and over...)

If you think an 8 yr old liking today's U2 is strnage and-or wonderful, imagine what "October" was like in America's middle and high schools..it was music from Mars. I didn't give a rat's patootie.

Or on Thanksgiving the lyrics of SBS.."Bodies strewn across a dead-end street" over and over. Shouting it out, just to piss the parents off. While I was elbow-deep in yucky turkey gravy, washing the dishes.

That was me in 1982 and 83...and my poor MOM DID think U2 were scary death-metal band for a while....:)

Last edited:
My 9 year old son and 11 year daughter love U2, and love HTDAAB.

Their favorite is miracle drug, because I told them what it was about. My 9 year old still tears up when he sings along with it.

So, I'll be spending an extra $250 next year to take the kids to see them, so please lay off the pot, and don't puke on us.

;)

Mark

Well Jick your nephew as great taste! :applaud:..l and makes sence when i used to babysit i played U2 songs all the time for a 6 month old baby and everytime i played "where the streets have no name" the baby would smile...every darn time i played it..hehe it was cute!..unfortuenatly i don't babysit anymore so i don't think i really converted the child to become a U2 fan. ..but i tried.:shrug:
:dance:

I don't really know what to do these days..

Some might know that I have always had an affinity for house, reggae...some hip hop..mainly old skool stuff...to be honest I like just about anything that isn't pimp bling or metal screaming axe murderer stuff.

So there is this radio station we've always listened to...recently though, in moments of sheer desperation after listening to HTDAAB for the 50th time, when I tune to this station, my son pushes the "CD" button on the car stereo...taking us back to HTDAAB...

I cant even listen to something other than U2 even if I want to!!

Well my daughter still requests No Doubt quite a bit :)

Back
Top Bottom