HTAAB---The new Rattle and Hum?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MiracleDruggie said:

Well, I never found half-finished albums of syntho-pop very exciting...

I happen to like rock'n'roll...

"ANNNNGGGEEELLLL! ANGEL OF HARLEM!"
Well... beats the hell out of:
"Miami, my mammy."
:yuck:
... ALL of them EXCEPT Disco, Gone, and SATS... :rant:

Well If U2 music is no more than "unfinished synth-pop" they you got the forums wrong.
All of them expect these 3 you say?
And what about Mofo, what about Wake Up Dead Man,show me a song that contained,that emotional,that powerful ON HTAAB.

yeah,I'm preety sure you'll say SYCMOYO but this track just isn't as good as those on POP.
I's predictable, on POP you never knew what's gonna happen next.
Just think about it--- it start with a song like "Discotheque" and ends with "Wake up Dead Man".

Besides ANY band could play Angel of Harlem, not any band would dare to realese Miami.
Even Edge called R&H a mistake.
But Bono once called POP a "popart milestone, no matter how well did it sell in America"

I did sell well in Europe.America is not the world,you know.......

nah

R.E.M., Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Aphex Twin, The Pixies, Sonic Youth, The Beach Boys, Miles Davis, Hunters & Collectors, John Coltrane, Palace Music, AC/DC, Los Lobos, Ryan Adams, Tindersticks, Graham Parsons, Mariza etc etc

I actually do have a very wide variety of music that I love

Last edited:
Marr said:

yeah,I'm preety sure you'll say SYCMOYO but this track just isn't as good as those on POP.
I's predictable, on POP you never knew what's gonna happen next.

What a great example of blinkered 90's nostalgia getting in the way of reality.

Marr, no need to worry anyway. If you get a chance, then have a listen to a song like Levitate, and you can hear some of what you might look for in U2..

Yep, i'd really like to hear Levitate or Native Son......
I've hear Mercy already and i love it. The lyrics are wonderful.But I'd love some the hear some hard rockin' outtakes through.

Seriously Moderators. A brand new forum for Ponkine, U2_Guy, rjh..., Marr etc, etc. Pop lovers uniting against HTDAAB. Not to ostacize them but rather to acknowledge that they post here more than anyone else lately.
Why, every post about HTDAAB gets hijacked (whoops), I mean, "changed" by these cutting edge geniuses into a thread about the ills of HTDAAB and the wonders and joys of Pop.
Why not have a whole forum for these guys?

Matthew_Page2000 said:
Seriously Moderators. A brand new forum for Ponkine, U2_Guy, rjh..., Marr etc, etc. Pop lovers uniting against HTDAAB. Not to ostacize them but rather to acknowledge that they post here more than anyone else lately.
Why, every post about HTDAAB gets hijacked (whoops), I mean, "changed" by these cutting edge geniuses into a thread about the ills of HTDAAB and the wonders and joys of Pop.
Why not have a whole forum for these guys?

That's absolutly right!
We're like Rage Against The Machine!Or the Clash!
We're hijacking forums and selling people our POP propaganda!

Pop-followers are the Public Enemy No.1
:)

POP FOLLOWERS OD THE WORLD UNITE AND TAKE OVER!
SOON WE WILL PLANT BOMBS, TAKE HOSTAGES, AND DEMAND THAT EVERYONE WOULD UNDERSTAND HOW AMAZING THE POP ALBUM IS!

THAT'S WHAT YOU CALL,FROM NOW ON, POP-TERRORISM.
BUT MAYBY THE RIGHTEOUS HTAAB FANS WILL SAVE THE WORLD FROM US......:)

yimou said:
Marr, no need to worry anyway. If you get a chance, then have a listen to a song like Levitate, and you can hear some of what you might look for in U2..

You're goddamn right!
That's the stuff I've been waiting 4 years for.....the music, the lyrics..it's all just the way it should be all along!

They HAVE to realese it someday!
An in tour album in 2006?YESSS!

MiracleDruggie said:

Pop fans just better be glad that Zooropa and October were made, otherwise we would be semi-legimately able to call their favorite album the worst.

Screw you guys!
We'll be up with the sun,
And we're not coming down!

Pop is a good album and HTDAAB too.
We are talking about the best band in the world right?

Finally we can agree.
POP kicks ass, it's next to AB their best record.
HTDAAB is also great.
I'd just like to have some more "Punk rock made on Venus" tracks.....and that's it

Yes, we can agree altought I think HTDAAB is better than Pop which is also a very good album.
Different people, different opinions, but good music!

Yep I'mean some people wanted punk rock made on Venus, other ballads made in HQ, but all and all we're U2 fans.
We're one.........but not the same:)

MiracleDruggie said:

HTAAB???

:eek:

HOW DARE YOU TYPO THE ALMIGHTY ACRONYM!!!
NOW YOU SHALL DIE!!!:yell:

Pop fans just better be glad that Zooropa and October were made, otherwise we would be semi-legimately able to call their favorite album the worst.

:lmao: :lmao:

roy said:

But as you can see Zoovation, a cease-fire between the traditionalists and the people taking the train to "zoo station" is a distant perspective...

Oh, BTW i really adore this song.

Marr said:

But as you can see Zoovation, a cease-fire between the traditionalists and the people taking the train to "zoo station" is a distant perspective...

Oh, BTW i really adore this song.

Why exactly am I a traditionalist? I love UTEOFTW and The Fly, but hate the 'commercial compensation' songs on that album, that's what ruins AB for me. As for POP well songs such as:

Discotheque,
LNOE,
Miami,
Playboy Mansion
IYWTVD,
WUDM

...they just aren't great songs. THAT'S THE BOTTON LINE.

It's nothing to do with not liking cutting edge, experimental, music. I am 35 and love Velvet Underground, Joy Division, Pixies, Mercury Rev etc, I just don't like weak songs.

The song you say that are commercial on AB, are not as commercial as people think they are.

Even Better than The Real thing is not a lovesong,it's not a pop song without a meaning.this is MEANT to sound and look trashy.
That's Pop-art. Just like Andy Warhol.
"Looking for bayb Jesus under the trash"--remember?
What what 90s U2 are all about.

Trashy, industrial, throwaway, dark, sexy, las vegas-style.
The messege remained the same but the way it was brought to the people was different.

Just think about it---Even Better Than The Real Thing? How can something be better than the real thing? People don't want the truth anymore, they want entermainment. That's what's this song's all about.

Mysteriuos Ways mixes a lovesong with religion, which is not common in pop music (no counting Depeche Mode of course--Personal Jesus or I Feel You for examples)

All those songs have a meaning.
In my opinion AB is U2's greatest album.

Achtung is the best, these threads aren't good for yaaaaaaaaa, where is the love, eh?

Ok, aint noone ever gonna agree on everything, I'm sure U2 would actually be quite happy that there most hardened fans have such varying opinions on their music, proving they have great variety!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yes POP lovin ATYCLB haters and Zoo guys and girls and Rattle and Tree'ers all in the same place, wow, Thank you U2 for the music, keep the shades Bono, stay with the hats Edge, Larry don't age my son, Adam do your thing.....................

WE'RE ONE BUT WE'RE NOT THE SAME

Thanks for you time someone close this Mother fuckin thread...........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom