How's this for a song war...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
Until the end of the World vs. the Fly

two of the strongest, most rockin tracks on AB not to mention U2's entire catalogue.
personally, i love both so much it's tough to choose. the fly is U2's coolest concept song, with kick ass vocals+lyrics, one of Edg'es greatest riffs, and the funkiest rhythm pre-POP aside from Mysterious ways.
UTEOTW on the other hand is another fabulous concept song. A conversation between Jesus and Judas resulting in the damnation of the man. Edge's riffing here may even surpass the FLy, but the solo isn't quite as strong. Again, there is such a storng bass and drum presence in this song it makes it so powerful. I think Larry wins in this catagory though.
Live, i think UTEOTW beets out the Fly, but the Boston performance of Fly is really something spectacular...

So, what's MY verdict. UTEOTW beets out the Fly by like 10-9, it's really close, but overall End of the World is jsut the true masterpiece of AB.

So, you've heard my analysis, what's yours?

UTEOTW

I think it's underrated among the fan community. It's simply one of the greatest songs ever created, especially live, especially at Slane Castle.

I think it's impossible to choose. They're both such amazing songs and I don't even want to pick one over the other.

That is just unfair to pick - both are amazing but if pressured to pick one I would have to say that UTEOTW - the song just comes together - plus its bitchin' live
not to mention a conversation between Jesus and Judas - how many rock songs can do that?

UTEOTW

Edge may have condemned them but so what? he's just a rock star and I have my own mind. That being said, I did switch from Pepsi to Coke when the New Kids endorsed it when I was 13. I've been a Coke fan ever since.

Aaaaaand I've just proven myself to be a big loser.

the fly

Edge sees U2's songs as children that he can't choose between, and I respect that. but these aren't my songs, and I know which ones I perfer. besides, these song war threads are an easy way to rack up posts.

sharky said:
UTEOTW

Edge may have condemned them but so what? he's just a rock star and I have my own mind. That being said, I did switch from Pepsi to Coke when the New Kids endorsed it when I was 13. I've been a Coke fan ever since.

Aaaaaand I've just proven myself to be a big loser.

yeah but thats alright because coke kicks ass adn you are undoubtedly a better person now than you would have been had you stuck to pepsi! :D:...

hey, maybe seeing everyone has a moan about them, we should ditch song wars and have cola wars or denim wars or shoe wars...
nike vs reebok people
whaddya think? :wink:

oh and today its UTEOTW
tomorrow it'll probably be fly

UTEOTW will always be best to me. First, it's a better song, better tune, better words, IMO. Second, after you've been at the tip of the heart and Bono jumps on top of you while it's playing, it will never feel the same to you again. I can't listen to it without feeling a rush of excitement from the thrill of the concert.

The Fly. For me, the best U2 studio song. Until the End of the World is a fantastic song, but The Fly has a very special place for me.

on album - the fly

live - until the end ...

never was that big a fan of the fly live
it sounds very good on live recordings but somehow it always sounds muddled to me while I'm actually attending a show

UTEOTW

One of U2's most underated songs IMO. Especially the middle/end of the song "in my dream, i was drowning....." Knocks em dead when its performed live, and i think its probably the best song that they do live. But like stated before, its definietly the masterpiece of AB.

Back
Top Bottom