Howie B kicked off tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
in another post i cant find right now, someone mentained that Howie B was kicked off the PopMart tour for smoking pot. is this actually true? i find it hard to believe. if they worked so closely with him on Pop, wouldn't they know his lifestyle? i seem to rememeber an article talking about Howie B backstage of PopMart showing a band member how to roll joints. anyone have information?

He was arrested for posession...not kicked off.

And yes Larry joked about how Howie was the one who taught him how to roll a joint, but that was in the studio...not backstage.

marik said:
what was his role on the tour?

I think he DJ before some shows, although I could be wrong about this one. But he also helped them figure out how they were going to do those songs live. In fact when he did hear them rehearse without backing tracks, he's the one that told them that's how their next album should sound. Just four guys in a room with their instruments.

And he smoked pot.:wink:

i still dont see what the big deal is over pot.
not that i have ever smoked it, but have friends who have and still, i dont get whats so taboo about it. what the freekin' government should do, is outlaw regular cigarettes. now that shit... is disgusting and dangerous.

I don't really think Howie B was kicked off the Popmart Tour for smoking pot, but more that he was refused entry into the US on the third leg. Because of that, the band could not keep him as the tour DJ.

Back
Top Bottom