How would you rate all the Original of the species versions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Album, early live version with Edge on piano, full band live version or the single version?

For me, album version first, then early live version, then single/full-band live version.

1. Full band live
2. Single
3. Early live version
4. Album

Live versions are great..........single mix is good.......album version is a decent track, but doesn't do too much for me.

Album is the only version of this song that counts. The new single mix sounds flat and Bono's vocals are more hidden. It loses all the passion and soul of the album version which is the best song they have done on the past 2 albums. Whether they are synth strings on the original of original doesn't matter one bit in my eyes/ears, they sound great. The guitar in the chorus is also more pronounced in the original album version and sounds 10 times better than the guitar sound in the single mix.

The live piano version ain't bad, it sounds a bit like a demo version of the song and the full band live version is pretty good as well.

But there ain't anything too touch the original album version of this song which was near enough perfect.:wink:

1) Brooklyn Bridge Performance (Edge on piano, Bono on Guitar)
2) Edge on Piano (Chicago DVD version)
3) Conan Version
4) Album Version
5) Single Version

U2girl said:
Album, early live version with Edge on piano, full band live version or the single version?
1) Album - the guitar bits :drool:
2) Early live version (Apple promo event) - sounds really good
3) Full band live version - though I'm not really sure what you mean by this. Could you give a date on which they played this, or better, an mp3? :wink:
4) Single version - it's ok, but I like the album version better

3) I don't have an mp3 :D think Amsterdam III/3rd leg/Conan O'Brien version.

1. Conan
2. Album
3. Single
4. Under the Brooklyn Bridge
5. Apple iPod launch
6. Vertigo tour live (Edge on piano, no backing strings)

The Conan version is awesome. It gives more intesity when they play it with a full band. Strings, guitar, piano, bass & drums. It gives it that album feel to it. I like the DVD version too. It's a bit striped but still awesome to hear.

On a side note: When I first heard this song, my special someone found it for me on the net. When everyone was trying to hear the rest of the songs from the new album. I heard it and didn't like it right away. She did. She loves it. Then this song has grown on me as one of my favorite U2 songs and of the album. Now, I don't have that special someone like before. I've been playing it non-stop since our situation went down hill.... it makes me cry. And when I saw the video, damn! I know that this song is about teens but when I hear it, it has a different meaning to me... one of love. :sad:

Zooropa man said:
The Conan version is awesome. It gives more intesity when they play it with a full band. Strings, guitar, piano, bass & drums. It gives it that album feel to it. I like the DVD version too. It's a bit striped but still awesome to hear.

On a side note: When I first heard this song, my special someone found it for me on the net. When everyone was trying to hear the rest of the songs from the new album. I heard it and didn't like it right away. She did. She loves it. Then this song has grown on me as one of my favorite U2 songs and of the album. Now, I don't have that special someone like before. I've been playing it non-stop since our situation went down hill.... it makes me cry. And when I saw the video, damn! I know that this song is about teens but when I hear it, it has a different meaning to me... one of love. :sad:

Music does that to everybody. Your whole life gets mixed up in the music and certain songs remind you of different times and different people. Thats the magic of music it becomes part of your life at that moment. Gee the songs that have shaped my life. I hate that bitch!:mad: heheheh

Back
Top Bottom