how to wake up a sleeping classmate...U2 style...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
Well...on the day of a very important lab I come in to class today to find my lab partner partied all night and is sleeping, just so i really need to wake him, I get a little creative, I put my Ipod headphones in his ear, turn it up full blast, and then play "All Because of You"...needless to say he refuses to work with me anymore...

xaviMF22 said:
I hate:mad: that piercing guitar sound..
one of the many reasons why I dislike that song :mad:

That's why I prefer the other version of it...No piercing guitar sound and maybe better lyrics?

You mean the Flintstone running noise?

I'm listening to a U2 song, not Fred Flintstone trying to start a car.

You could have scared him and played Wake Up Dead Man too.

I'm not a big fan of that screech either... always bracing myself for it when playing the album

It's not that bad.
I'm not saying I'm totally in love with that sound but one thing I will say is that it definitely cheers me up at work when I hear it over the sound system.
Only because it means in about a minute my day will become so much better.

I do so love the rock scream right before the bridge :drool:

I think if anyone asked me to come up with some word to mimic a guitar noise, "pow wow" would the last thing I would think of.

WCF said:
I'm not a big fan of that screech either... always bracing myself for it when playing the album

I wish someone had warned me about it when I first listened to the CD, which was loud on headphones... damn near gave me a heart attack :yikes:

But I grew to like it, once my hearing returned. :wink:

:lmao: nice one! you should try waking somebody with Mercy... the intro works VERY well.... I tried that once because when I'm sleeping in class my friend goes right next to my ear and shouts..... well, needless to say he doesn't do that anymore!

europop2005 said:
Well...on the day of a very important lab I come in to class today to find my lab partner partied all night and is sleeping, just so i really need to wake him, I get a little creative, I put my Ipod headphones in his ear, turn it up full blast, and then play "All Because of You"...needless to say he refuses to work with me anymore...

:laugh:

I'd say he got EXACTLY what he deserved! :whistle:

(Oh, and that ABOY guitar pierce does suck. I avoid it like the plague!)

ElectricalVoice said:
I bet the majority on this forum have been ripped from their beauty sleep by the alarm sound on Zooropa.

*puts hand up* :slant:

And if anyone here listens to Tool... I fell asleep listening to the Lateralus album the fisrt time I heard it, and that last track half-woke me up and completely freaked me out. :yikes:

Coincidently, if you want to make someone projectile vomit, Exorcist-style, play them The Refugee.

"Will my daughter be alright?"
"Oh yeah, she'll be fine. Do you by any chance know a young priest I can dupe into helping me?"
"What?"
"Nothing."

Back
Top Bottom