How to "rediscover" U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flameandthefire

The Fly
What do you guys do when you want to "rediscover" U2?

I'm a huge fan, but I must say I haven't been very satisfied with the setlists of the current tour (this will probably change when some time passes). I was probably expecting too much and my expectations are not met yet - right now this tour reminds me of Elevation tour too much and I'm left feeling hungry.

I was thinking that perhaps I could find something new if I'd start listening (with headphones on this time!) the old albums starting from Boy one by one and _really_ concentrate on lyrics of _each_ song trying to understand what was going on in Bono's head when he wrote the song. I realise I have never really thought about the lyrics of Boy or October or some other albums - I have just enjoyed the music.

Perhaps this would be a good way to "rediscover" U2 for me. This time I want to be able to hear every little detail of the recording and that's why headphones are a must. Well, it's summer holiday and all - let the analyzing begin!

--

Hmm.. Does this post make any sense? Well I hope so.

basically anything to do with ZOOTV and I'm hooked, but i never really need to rediscover.

R&H dvd will do it for any one!!!!! its so good!!
ZOOTV is another one that will do it for me(oryou).

just stay away from everything 2000 and present(2005) cd/dvd!!
and you will love U2!!!!!!

Funny, in 22 years of being a fan, I don't think I've ever felt the need to rediscover U2. They've sustained my interest and my passion for their music all this time.

recommend getting the 8-16-92 DC DVD for ZOO, or the 92 show in Stockholm, both great ZOO shows that will def. get you hooked on u2 again.

I also watch "sLane" a lot just for the emotion behind it.

But like Shaun vox said, put in R&H, put it on "Exit", that should take care of it.

wow.

zoo tv all the way, baby!!

i could never get bored with these guys. i think its impossible.
i dont think you are either.. you just want that feeling of finding new things from the band and that excitement, but try getting ahold of some bootlegs you dont have yet... older ones or whatever.

yes, the zootv ones, imho zoo tv is the best thing that ever happened in the music world in general :)

Rediscovering U2 for me has been through live stuff. U2 torrents is such a great resource. If I could suggest a disk for you:

1. Zoo Station - Live From Dublin, 1993 (ZooEuropa Bootleg)
2. Vertigo - Live From San Diego 3-30-05
3. With Or Without You - Live From JT Tour Tempe, AZ 12-20-87(Rattle & Hum DVD Version)
4. Bad/40/Streets - Live From Boston, Elevation Tour. Available on Pt. 2 of the Electrical Storm CD Single
5. Mysterious Ways - Live From ZooTV. ZooTV Outside Broadcast Bootleg - I actually posted a YSI link on here not too long ago
6. Gloria - Under A Blood Red Sky
7. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - Live from Popmart Mexico City
8. Please - Live From Popmart - Popheart EP.
9. Until The End Of The World - Promo Video Version
10. All I Want Is You - Slane Castle Elevation
11. Beautiful Day - Irving Plaza Promo Tour Stop, 2000
12. Wire - TUF Tour, Rotterdam, 10-30-84
13. Out Of Control/Sunday Bloody Sunday - Slane Castle Elevation
14. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses - ZooTV Rotterdam, 1992

Back
Top Bottom