How to rediscover the atomic bomb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ozeeko said:
yes I have had a baby on my lap and taken in the scent....I just think it's a STUPID IDEA FOR A LYRIC. It just sounds fucking ridiculously cheesy. You know, taking a shit feels real good. Why not use that for a lyric?

My three favorite U2 songs...hmm I had this on some other thread. Hang on. Actually that was for top 5 U2 songs of ure life, but it doesn't pinpoint my favorites, just the ones that hold the greatest memories. As for my favorite 3...

Running To Stand Still
Bad
Lemon

Wouldn't say those were lame attempts at creating hits.

My favorite U2 singles?

Mysterious Ways
ISHFWILF
Desire

Wouldn't say those were lame attempts at creating hits either.

cheerio, top of the morning to ya!

Honey, this thread isn't about JT or AB or... whatever!
I just aski you: PLEASE, STOP BREAKING UP THESE KIND OF THREADS! We all know that you hate the album, but can you just move away and make these threads work once? For God's sake! What a plague we got here! If you don't like it that's ok, but there are folks (like me) that love it and I think is preety sad when we see some "sat-babies" bitching just to deteriorate the thing... What's your problem, mate? It's not the first, nor the second, nor the third, nor the fourth time you do this. Well, I think it's in every HTDAAB thread.
And we don't need your your top 3 singles and song because that's nothing to do with the thread's title, what's the point in there?
Oh, and SYCMIOYO may not be better than One (I agree with that) but it's definitely a great tune, and one of the best from these eras.
Uffff!

Aygo said:

I just aski you: PLEASE, STOP BREAKING UP THESE KIND OF THREADS! We all know that you hate the album, but can you just move away and make these threads work once? For God's sake! What a plague we got here! If you don't like it that's ok, but there are folks (like me) that love it and I think is preety sad when we see some "sat-babies" bitching just to deteriorate the thing... What's your problem, mate? It's not the first, nor the second, nor the third, nor the fourth time you do this. Well, I think it's in every HTDAAB thread.
And we don't need your your top 3 singles and song because that's nothing to do with the thread's title, what's the point in there?
Oh, and SYCMIOYO may not be better than One (I agree with that) but it's definitely a great tune, and one of the best from these eras.
Uffff!

Where do I sign ? Couldn't agree more.

my fault...I was asking him a question to try and understand why he thought the songs on HTDAAB were crappy attempts at making 'hits', so he answered me...

I think he often states his opinion nastily and negatively, but I respect his being more willing to at least give a clue why he feels so negatively when prompted, like I did...

sorry all, don't mean to perpetuate negativity...you're right, in threads titled "how to redisover the atomic bomb" it's best to avoid even engaging someone who's just coming in to say it sucks.

:|

Achtung_Bebe said:
'

btw, some of these comments are cracking me up. "Scott Stapp posturings" :lmao:

:laugh:
I know....Bono oughta cut it out:laugh:

I'm sorry...
I'm gonna try to stay on topic...

speaking of 'rediscovering', I'm listening over and over today to War, (and really enjoying it!) beginning to end...I think doing that and then listening to HTDAAB over and over later will give an interesting perspective on the bomb...

cheers all...

Aygo said:

Uffff!

I guess I just have a lot to say on the subject. And if you want to point the finger at me for posting similar threads, then you should try and see it from my point of view when I see yet another thread about how meaningful HTDAAB is and how it's probably the best work they ever came up with! That frustrates me to no end the fact that longtime U2 fans somehow connect with this phoney album in the same way you're frustrated when you see someone like me not connecting with it. So it goes both ways. Plus, I just find it fun to bash shitty music. You should read Prindle's Rock Reviews. Google it. Funny as hell critic who holds no punches when tearing apart a bad album. And if you truly didn't care about my top 3 singles then why respond to my thread? Better yet, if you didn't care about anyones opinions on anything U2 related why even come to this site? Also, I find it funny when you speak for everyone on the forum, as in "we don't need your three singles...etc". And once again, I was just answering a question. I find it's polite to answer when questioned. Maybe you were raised differently.

ozeeko said:

I guess I just have a lot to say on the subject. And if you want to point the finger at me for posting similar threads, then you should try and see it from my point of view when I see yet another thread about how meaningful HTDAAB is and how it's probably the best work they ever came up with! That frustrates me to no end the fact that longtime U2 fans somehow connect with this phoney album in the same way you're frustrated when you see someone like me not connecting with it. So it goes both ways. Plus, I just find it fun to bash shitty music. You should read Prindle's Rock Reviews. Google it. Funny as hell critic who holds no punches when tearing apart a bad album. And if you truly didn't care about my top 3 singles then why respond to my thread? Better yet, if you didn't care about anyones opinions on anything U2 related why even come to this site? Also, I find it funny when you speak for everyone on the forum, as in "we don't need your three singles...etc". And once again, I was just answering a question. I find it's polite to answer when questioned. Maybe you were raised differently.

I just only said what's true. As you can see with my comments, I don't have anything against you personnaly (I have no reasons), the problem is what I mentioned above. We already understood that you don't like the album, that's ok. And I understand that this is a forum and everyone is free to express that, but it bores me (and surely I'm not the only one) to see you in (almost) every thread about HTDAAB or Bomb-circa, bashing, poking fun, etc, since you came here, mate.
Yes, I have undertood your point of you, I just don't agree with it.
What I don't understand is your need to get in a positive thread about this - like this one - and start to empoison it. What's the matter there, what's the problem? Can we live happy just once with that?
And yes, is true. Those top 3 singles/songs/whatever were really abstracting from the topic. Is not a question of being raised differently or being polite or not. In fact, it turns not to be polite that attitude in the forum IMO. But that's not with me, the problem is really yours.
Oh, and as long as I might read other reviews, I don't shape my opinion and taste based in that. God thankfully, I'm a self-counscious person and I have my own critic spirit, so it is not bad-funny or even excelent reviews that are going to make up my mind.

Aygo said:

I just only said what's true. As you can see with my comments, I don't have anything against you personnaly (I have no reasons), the problem is what I mentioned above. We already understood that you don't like the album, that's ok. And I understand that this is a forum and everyone is free to express that, but it bores me (and surely I'm not the only one) to see you in (almost) every thread about HTDAAB or Bomb-circa, bashing, poking fun, etc, since you came here, mate.
Yes, I have undertood your point of you, I just don't agree with it.
What I don't understand is your need to get in a positive thread about this - like this one - and start to empoison it. What's the matter there, what's the problem? Can we live happy just once with that?
And yes, is true. Those top 3 singles/songs/whatever were really abstracting from the topic. Is not a question of being raised differently or being polite or not. In fact, it turns not to be polite that attitude in the forum IMO. But that's not with me, the problem is really yours.
Oh, and as long as I might read other reviews, I don't shape my opinion and taste based in that. God thankfully, I'm a self-counscious person and I have my own critic spirit, so it is not bad-funny or even excelent reviews that are going to make up my mind.

I'm sorry Aygo, but you've totally disrupted this thread. Tip: next time start a new one with the title "ozeeko, the rebel thread breaker." You should be ashamed of yourself. You shall face banishment from the U2 fan community.

In all seriousness now...I was just responding to previous threads before me. Take a look back. The negativity started way before me. I don't remember the title of this thread being "Music is subjectivity and opinions are not facts." So I ask you Aygo, the question that's on everyone's minds:

....are you in love with me?

The only time my posts veered away from the BOMB, was when someone asked me a question and I answered them. It didn't piss me off at all that someone briefly changed the subject. Because it is kind of like having a conversation. Conversations are amazing. They can go anywhere! If you believe every thread should remain true to the original subject and there be no slight detours allowed, then take it up with the administration.

Can't wait till the rest of the Bomb squad come in this thread.

Good album, I'd put it 4th, behind JT, AB and War.

ozeeko said:

I'm sorry Aygo, but you've totally disrupted this thread. Tip: next time start a new one with the title "ozeeko, the rebel thread breaker." You should be ashamed of yourself. You shall face banishment from the U2 fan community.

In all seriousness now...I was just responding to previous threads before me. Take a look back. The negativity started way before me. I don't remember the title of this thread being "Music is subjectivity and opinions are not facts." So I ask you Aygo, the question that's on everyone's minds:

....are you in love with me?

The only time my posts veered away from the BOMB, was when someone asked me a question and I answered them. It didn't piss me off at all that someone briefly changed the subject. Because it is kind of like having a conversation. Conversations are amazing. They can go anywhere! If you believe every thread should remain true to the original subject and there be no slight detours allowed, then take it up with the administration.

You really need help because you have a few problems of interpretation, or maybe interpretation and give the wrong answer? Have you ever heard about some therapy? It'd be good to you. Not only you get constaintly off-topic, each time you want to repond to something you just bury yourself even more. The negativity of the thread existed, yeah, but it was cohesive and not a repetion of something I've been listening in the same kassette over and over again. So, you better buy a new tape, cause this one is almost broken.
And you're so inconvenient calling for your reason (that in fact does not exist here) administration and speaking of my possible banishing from U2 fan community and my own shame... Who do you think you are to tell me that?

Baby, just speak to my hand!

Sorry, for disrupt the thing, but he's deserving...!
Keep on discussing...:sad:

Aygo said:

You really need help because you have a few problems of interpretation, or maybe interpretation and give the wrong answer? Have you ever heard about some therapy? It'd be good to you. Not only you get constaintly off-topic, each time you want to repond to something you just bury yourself even more. The negativity of the thread existed, yeah, but it was cohesive and not a repetion of something I've been listening in the same kassette over and over again. So, you better buy a new tape, cause this one is almost broken.
And you're so inconvenient calling for your reason (that in fact does not exist here) administration and speaking of my possible banishing from U2 fan community and my own shame... Who do you think you are to tell me that?

Baby, just speak to my hand!

Sorry, for disrupt the thing, but he's deserving...!
Keep on discussing...:sad:

Okay, first things first. You don't make any grammatical sense when you speak. You must be a freshman in High School to spout out lines like "Have you ever heard about some therapy? It'd be good to you. Not only you get constaintly off-topic...etc". Any sly comeback you're trying to make is deflated because of your poor English.
Second things second: Have you picked up on any humor in my threads? When I spoke about banishing you from the U2 fan community I was joking around. I even followed the empty-threat with "In all seriousness now..."
Baby, baby, baby...I'm just noticing how you like the word baby.
Lastly, you make it seem like bashing HTDAAB is the only thing I do on this forum. I've made countless other posts. A lot of them were positive and full of praise for U2. It's just fascinating how people (or maybe just you) get so rattled by my anti-HTDAAB opinions and choose to focus only on these particular threads. You might find it repetitious, and it would be if my rhetoric was merely comprised of "THIS ALBUM SUCKS". But I have far more thoughts than that, and I go into great detail as to why I dislike something. Every post I make is shedding a different light on the subject, otherwise why would I keep doing it. So Stop being sensitive. U2 won like 50 Grammies this year. They will be fine regardless of what I say.
Unless Aygo is actually Bono incognito. That would explain the poor English.

ozeeko said:

Every post I make is shedding a different light on the subject, otherwise why would I keep doing it.

You're class man, I nearly shat myself there... :lmao:

You see, you're just another one of these typical fans who briefly liked U2 in the 90s because you thought (or were told) they were cool. You now get your kicks (the sad f**king person that you are) from criticising everything that they do. Says a lot more about you than U2 IMO.

roy said:

You see, you're just another one of these typical fans who briefly liked U2 in the 90s because you thought (or were told) they were cool.

I can only think of 1 or 2 people on here who have given any indication that they think that way. Ozeeko's posts are, well, abrasive at best, but I think you've pegged him wrong there. I think if anyone actually thought that, they wouldn't be in here at all.

Last edited:
What's the problem with my english? Have you seen my location? Probably I'm not a native...! My english may be very poor, but I think I'm everyone can understand me perfectly, and despite some bad utilisation of connectors and lexic, the syntax is correct.
Now that's the proof that is you that don't like to play the game with me, or something against... Ok
I don't really know why I answer this... You're right: I'm so stupid that I've been giving you some trace for you to put dynamite in it and turn the thing into a boom.

Aygo said:
What's the problem with my english? Have you seen my location? Probably I'm not a native...! My english may be very poor, but I think I'm everyone can understand me perfectly, and despite some bad utilisation of connectors and lexic, the syntax is correct.
Now that's the proof that is you that don't like to play the game with me, or something against... Ok
I don't really know why I answer this... You're right: I'm so stupid that I've been giving you some trace for you to put dynamite in it and turn the thing into a boom.

I'm confused. Get a translator.

roy said:

You're class man, I nearly shat myself there... :lmao:

You see, you're just another one of these typical fans who briefly liked U2 in the 90s because you thought (or were told) they were cool. You now get your kicks (the sad f**king person that you are) from criticising everything that they do. Says a lot more about you than U2 IMO.

Whoa, how perceptive. You've totally nailed me!

Truth is I've liked basically everything U2 ever put out, even ATYCLB (which puts me in a minority apparently according to many people here). Yes, I've loved everything except for How To Dismantle Atomic Bomb. Does that make me a fairweather fan? I know many people who turned their backs on U2 years, even decades ago. I stood by this band thru all the experiments, highs and lows, and I stand by them now. That's why I exist on this board! Because I know they can do better. And the next album they release I will definitely buy. So there. You may think I lack a life, but in all honesty this forum is just something to participate in when I'm bored. But maybe I am wasting my time. Lately it seems everyone just wants to bitch about people's personalities and the content of an argument gets lost.

This thread reminds me of ateaseweb.com.

Lots of insults. Not much discussion really.

ozeeko said:

Truth is I've liked basically everything U2 ever put out, even ATYCLB (which puts me in a minority apparently according to many people here). Yes, I've loved everything except for How To Dismantle Atomic Bomb.

If that's the case then don't you think you're going a little over the top with your criticism. I mean one album from a 25+ year career that you don't like :ohmy: Quite frankly...you're acting like a spoilt brat.

Last edited:
roy said:

If that's the case then don't you think you're going a little over the top with your criticism. I mean one album from a 25+ year career that you don't like :ohmy: Quite frankly...you're acting like a spoilt brat.

Yea I know it's not the end of the world. Maybe I am spoiled because U2's music has always delivered until recently.

Mogi said:
I am sure this has been talked about before, so forgive me if this is re-hashing the same old shit.
Currently (maybe the grammy thing and seeing them live in Brazil did this) I have had a complete rediscovery of The Bomb.
Honestly, I loved it at first, then started hating it with a passion.
But I decided to give it one more try and bada bing, bada boom, it hit me.
Why did I hate this album so much? Maybe it was because I compared it to the AB, JT and UF, which in my opinion now, is quite unfair. When this album is judged on its on merit, it stands alone as a collection of really strong songs.
Yes, I think it suffers from being totally coherent, but I do think the songs are well crafted as pop/rock songs.
But what really hit me the most, was the honest emotion of this album. It just "is" and that is all. Maybe that is the art of it.
The only songs that just don´t do it for me are MAAW and Yawheh. Actually, I do love One step Closer even though it goes through a lashing on this site.
Yada, yada yada, anyway, I was wondering if anyone else went through the same roller coster ride of this album as I have.
Also, I am a fanatical fan of their 90´s work and would love to see them blow their creative juices all over the music world again!!
Just had to get that off my chest. I feel better now:wink:

After 2nd & 3rd looks, it has taken the place of my paper weight. I'd rather listen to Boy. Actually, last night I watched my vcd of Popmart Brazil. Now, that's an amazing concert!

Sorry , this thread should be renamed to:

How to rediscover "the smart-ass Ozeeko'comments, again"

:madspit:

BTW , The Bomb it's a Great Album , I'm not tired to say this !!!

Some People seems to have ear problems or something....

Some people seem to have problems refraining from personal attacks on the forums too.

I'm closing this, it's been an off-topic flamefest for awhile now, and I don't see it getting any better from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom