How to handle Friday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PowerSurge said:

Hey man you sound like a pretty cool guy and all, but whats with 'dissing' the casual fans? I've been a U2 nut for years and my sister and her friend like some of their songs, whats the difference? Are we MORE entitled to hearing the song then them? I'm not writing this in a negative tone, I really just don't see the need for it. I was once a casual fan, listening to a couple of songs made me a U2 maniac. How do you know that Vertigo might not turn another young kid into a future U2 Feedback poster for life?

Later
PS.

I'm not dissing casual fans! We're not more entitled to anything than anyone else. It's not like this is the only way it's obtainable, it's just that I'm trying to find ways that fellow Interferencers can get the songs easily and quickly without having to wade through a billion broken links to find the right one.

I mean no disrespect to anyone. And hell, I don't know that hearing Vertigo won't turn someone into a fan for life. But it's going to be all over the radio anyways so they'd hear it anyways. Yes, it's exclusive, and I meant for it to be that way. I'm sorry if it upsets you but the group was set up to be a certain way and that's how it's gonna be.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i try to listen to k-rock as little as possiable... but i'll have i imagine i'll have to have it on friday. i guess having to set through system of a down and good charlotte in order to get to vertigo ain't that bad...

but then again k-rock won't be able to play it till at least 10ish... they've got Stern on in the morning.

Ahh, good call. It'll be on sometime after Stern.... I'll be waiting!! 4 days to go ! I can't wait. Finally something to tide us over until the album :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

What about we form into those branch vines thingies and people take responsibiity for forwarding it on to the next person? That way if Interference (or yahoo) goes down the song is still being distributed around.

There are a few natural groups here - Testjes, Randoom, Pleba, all those musical gurus in the listening threads etc. Plus we could have a thread to organise the rest into troops, err, groups.

Is this a bad idea?

i have school in the mornings and work all afternoon! if i hear the song inbetween the two (i have about a three hour break), i am going to be NUTSO at work not being able to listen to the song for 6 hours! either way, i know i will be all over these boards looking for the song ASAP~!

Oh excellent, thank you. I will send you my email address and I will organise the Testjes gang, well them that wants to be organised that is. lol

When I say Testjes Im thinking:

ABEL
Angela Harlem
bammo2
BAW
beli
cass
cat2150
DaveC
doozer61
fah
girlinthisvicinity
greety
laramullen
MissMaCo
MullenGirl
Popmartijn
Rono
Salomey
Tomer
ylimeU2

That should mean about 20 less hits to Interference /Yahoo.

I will start a thread over at the (offsite) Testjes forum to russle them into order.

Last edited:
beli said:
Plus we could have a thread to organise the rest into troops, err, groups.
Ah, organizing the U2 troops... I love it. :lol:

I'm really quite impressed by the organization and detail going into this. It makes me proud to be the fan that I am.

krock in ny said they might play it thursday; if not, friday, but I don't know what time; they wouldn't say for sure.

I mean, there's gonna be 100 links to it one way or the other in this place.

just in case, 105.5 wdha here in nj plays new stuff every monday night at 10, so I know I'll be taping it from the radio then if all else fails.

*should've paid attention in computer class instead of drawing u2 things on notebook*

:dance:

Okay, Im organising the Testjes lot - whether they like it or not. lol

If there are 5 strays / newbies that want to be Honarary Testjes please post in this thread (sorry Mr Brau :uhoh: ) and I will add you to our distribution list

Signed bored fire evacuation officer beli

beli said:
Okay, Im organising the Testjes lot - whether they like it or not. lol

If there are 5 strays / newbies that want to be Honarary Testjes please post in this thread (sorry Mr Brau :uhoh: ) and I will add you to our distribution list

Signed bored fire evacuation officer beli

I've been on this board for 4 years; I'm willing to help.

Kewl

(beli slowly takes over the thread)

Do you want to be in my gang, my gang, my gang?

Or organise another group.I think it would be good if you could organise a group, just cause your an old timer. Give it a name, and we can divvy up people that post here.If thats okay?

I'll be recording copies on Friday. I've got 2 radio stations that will play it, and I've got 2 minidisc recorders ready to go, so I'll be an idiot and listen to 2 sources at once. I'll have a good quality clip sometime Friday.

beli said:
Axver I just sent you an email. lol

email me so we can talk.

Alright. My Gmail or Hotmail address?

Eh, I won't be lazy, I'll go find out for myself.

DaveC said:

I'm not dissing casual fans! We're not more entitled to anything than anyone else. It's not like this is the only way it's obtainable, it's just that I'm trying to find ways that fellow Interferencers can get the songs easily and quickly without having to wade through a billion broken links to find the right one.

I mean no disrespect to anyone. And hell, I don't know that hearing Vertigo won't turn someone into a fan for life. But it's going to be all over the radio anyways so they'd hear it anyways. Yes, it's exclusive, and I meant for it to be that way. I'm sorry if it upsets you but the group was set up to be a certain way and that's how it's gonna be.

Hey man, you're not doing anything to make me hot under the collar, If I wanted to be part of this group thing I could (I have more than enough posts) I'm just letting you know what it looks like thats it. Its a free world.....for some people....so you can do what you wish.

later

Seems i'm not part of any group either...nobody likes me :sigh: :sad:

I think i'll go sit under the stairs...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom