How to get Vertigo first on Friday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2dork said:
99x in Atlanta just announced that they will get Vertigo on Thursday. Leslie, the programming director, emphasised the will in the statement "we WILL get Vertigo on Thursday." She said it twice to make sure we heard it.

They might get it on Thursday, but might not play it 'til Friday!!!

That's not how she put it. After she said that comment she said to be listening Thursday for the new single...
Besides, 8 am Friday in Australia is about 1 pm on Thursday here...

SkeeK said:
what really needs to happen is someone just put up a torrent file. That will make things beautiful and fast and not at all problematical.

Once i get it i can make a torrent file and share it on SuprNova.org or some place and i'm gonna also post it at my webspace at this particular address so bookmark it:

http://www3.telus.net/pete/stuff/Vertigo.mp3

I think everyone will get it quick if everyone bookmarks all the possible locations offered by folks here.

As far as bittorrent goes everybody should download the client from http://bittorrent.com/download.html (just click on Windows Installer and then click on a download location), it takes 2 seconds to install and easy as pie to use.

Last edited:
Still awaiting confirmation on the following 3:

bakonyiakos
fermarcio
johnnybedrinkin

If you are one of these three, you have until 10:00 PM tonight (9 hours from now for me) until I deny you. I don't want people sitting in "pending" status (which constantly floods my inbox with e-mails reminding me "You have pending members!") for days while I try and figure out who they are. Thanks.

ok, so i have time to up my posts to 50 by friday,
not that i was going to.... but, let's say i would,
why was my request to join the group rejected YESTERDAY??
doesn't make sense, does it?

DaveC said:
Uhh...you can basically pick either "hungry4edge" or "in_a_little_while616" as your name you want to use for the group. You do need to apply though directly to the group, cause I can't add you unless you do that. Just go to http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/u2vertigo/ and you'll be able to apply right from there.
I think I did :) Did you get me? I used hungry4edge :wink:

Last edited:
U2_Neat said:
ok, so i have time to up my posts to 50 by friday,
not that i was going to.... but, let's say i would,
why was my request to join the group rejected YESTERDAY??
doesn't make sense, does it?

As I previously said:

"I don't want people sitting in "pending" status (which constantly floods my inbox with e-mails reminding me "You have pending members!") for days while I try and figure out who they are."

That goes the same for people sitting in pending status while I wait for them to possibly get to 50 posts by Friday.

You're more than welcome to send in another app by Friday if you get 50 posts though, you're only 19 away.

Those of you who have been denied, keep in mind that if you make 50 in the next couple of days, apply again and you'll be in. :)

Waiting for confirmation on who the following are:

ajcro1988
everest2120
junglepalacelv

If you are one of the following, you need to let me know within 24 hours or you'll be denied.

fermarcio and johnnybedrinkin, you haven't let me know who you are so I had to deny you both, but if you let me know who you are when you re-apply, you'll be let in (provided you have the required 50 posts).

PS: FROM NOW ON, IF YOU DON'T INCLUDE YOUR INTERFERENCE USERNAME WHEN YOU APPLY, YOU WILL BE DENIED OUTRIGHT UNTIL YOU PROVIDE ME WITH YOUR USERNAME!!! I'm tired of taking 10 minutes every time someone applies and doesn't read the instructions, meaning I have to do 5 or 6 searches for someone, only to turn up nothing and having to leave them in the "Pending" column (which completely floods my Hotmail).

I don't care if you're brand new or if you've got 15,000 posts. If you don't provide the Interference ID, you ain't gettin in till ya do.

brain_7us, you need to provide me with your username. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, as you may not have seen the above post while applying.

Listen to Australian Radio and the clip will play tomorrow, Wednesday at 6:30 PM Eastern. Hope they don't block it out!!

Back
Top Bottom