How to dismantle the jelous fan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jesusmlv

Babyface
This is getting really :mad: :mad: :mad:

Why can´t they just play on the street where everybody can tape them????????

I don´t live in the UK!!! not even close (as most of us do), but we can be together through the internet; and now we have to stand some crapful TV shows, most of us I´m sure don´t even like, forbidding recorders, cutting transmitions :madspit: :madspit: , absorving us to their :| pop culture.

u2.com sucks!! (well, you already knew that), what do I care about performances when I can´t hear ´em?? while I have hundreds of concerts from two years ago to 25; they could even said that Adam sang instead of Bono, I would never know.

This is the first time I´m angry with the band, and I write this because I love them... NO playback, don´t play it until you´re ready, or whatever the reason, it sounds freaking awful:huh: (I enjoy ´em, but you know what I mean).

This is not about leaving home early, or taking over the market with a message, I´m jelous, it´s about us, I´m feeling like a scum begging for something I love that I could get even easier than I can imagine (I tunes?? I live in Mexico... although the video touched me).

well, now I don´t know what to think; thanks for reading, and for those who share :wink:
Bye.

:rolleyes:

They didn't PLAY it in that sound quality. It was obviously recorded via cell phone or something like that. Chill out.

And U2 played Top of the Pops and shows like that because that's the best way to make new fans. They forbid recorders and cut transmissions because (gasp!) maybe they DON'T actually want people stealing their music!!

Perhaps you'd prefer that U2 never advertise themselves? :eyebrow:

And play on the street so that people can tape them??? Come on now, use some common sense. If you were an artist, would you play a show before the official release specifically so people could tape your songs and leak them across the internet, possibly affecting record sales in the process? Of course you wouldn't.

We're lucky we even have anything before the official release. Jeez.

TOTP is always playback. We were lucky that bono sang.

Chill out dude.

Over the next few months we will have heaps of u2 live promos on our hard drives:wink:

I know they didn´t play in that quality (reports said the sound wasn´t very good, and the rain didn´t help).
Play on the street!! have you hear the wtshnn video concert bootleg?? that´s the idea; and some bands let recordings to advertise with it and improve sells, with good results.

After all is the band´s call, but I as a fan, as you can too, have my feelings about this and I´m not taking things easy (well, also I´m very sick), I don´t like to see them caught in the music industry, that´s pretty much it.

about the playback, god, I´ve said awful things about it and, well, it bounced back, you should play as you can.

This is not directed at ANYBODY I just needed to type it and Laugh:wink:

" I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

Best

Movie

ever:wink:

Last edited:
brownda7 said:
This is not directed at ANYBODY I just needed to type it and Laugh:wink:

" I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

Best

Movie

ever:wink:

*run away, run away, run away*:laugh:

pancake_bunny.jpg

jesusmlv said:
I know they didn´t play in that quality (reports said the sound wasn´t very good, and the rain didn´t help).

Well, it is a known fact that sound rebounding off water droplets makes the music go really muffled like it was recorder via a computer mic...

BTW the live sound was ecellent. This is U2's roadcrew that set up the show...

I couldn't work out what the complaint about the show was about...thats why I started quoting monty python. Heres some more!

ARTHUR:
The swallow may fly south with the sun or the house martin or the plover may seek warmer climes in winter, yet these are not strangers to our land?
SOLDIER #1:
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
ARTHUR:
Not at all. They could be carried.
SOLDIER #1:
What? A swallow carrying a coconut?
ARTHUR:
It could grip it by the husk!
SOLDIER #1:
It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.
ARTHUR:
Well, it doesn't matter. Will you go and tell your master that Arthur from the Court of Camelot is here?
SOLDIER #1:
Listen. In order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second, right?
ARTHUR:
Please!
SOLDIER #1:
Am I right?
ARTHUR:
I'm not interested!
SOLDIER #2:
It could be carried by an African swallow!
SOLDIER #1:
Oh, yeah, an African swallow maybe, but not a European swallow. That's my point.
SOLDIER #2:
Oh, yeah, I agree with that.:wink:

brownda7 said:
I couldn't work out what the complaint about the show was about...thats why I started quoting monty python. Heres some more!

ARTHUR:
The swallow may fly south with the sun or the house martin or the plover may seek warmer climes in winter, yet these are not strangers to our land?
SOLDIER #1:
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
ARTHUR:
Not at all. They could be carried.
SOLDIER #1:
What? A swallow carrying a coconut?
ARTHUR:
It could grip it by the husk!
SOLDIER #1:
It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.
ARTHUR:
Well, it doesn't matter. Will you go and tell your master that Arthur from the Court of Camelot is here?
SOLDIER #1:
Listen. In order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second, right?
ARTHUR:
Please!
SOLDIER #1:
Am I right?
ARTHUR:
I'm not interested!
SOLDIER #2:
It could be carried by an African swallow!
SOLDIER #1:
Oh, yeah, an African swallow maybe, but not a European swallow. That's my point.
SOLDIER #2:
Oh, yeah, I agree with that.:wink:

THAT IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER. EVER.

John Cleese is brilliant in that skit. One of my favs from Holy Grail. :drool:

brownda7 said:
TOTP is always playback. We were lucky that bono sang.

Chill out dude.

Over the next few months we will have heaps of u2 live promos on our hard drives:wink:

LMAO when Nirvana did TOTP. That was soo funny. Kurt sang in this deep creepy voice.

They obviously were forced to do playback so the Krist, the bass player, was throwing the bass around and Dave wasn't even playing the drums. It was sooo funny. So sarcastic. So Nirvana.

BrownEyedBoy said:

LMAO when Nirvana did TOTP. That was soo funny. Kurt sang in this deep creepy voice.

They obviously were forced to do playback so the Krist, the bass player, was throwing the bass around and Dave wasn't even playing the drums. It was sooo funny. So sarcastic. So Nirvana.

I would LOVE to see that:wink:

Monty Python :up:

U2 playing in a car park, inviting people to come see them for free, playing two new songs and allowing people to record them so we can get to hear them before the album comes out :up: :up:

Kris Novocelik (sp??) goofing around in TOTP while the soundtrack plays in the background :up: :up: :up:

But the same Kris Novocelik throwing his bass in the air during Unplugged in New York, only to have it land on his freaking head... too funny for words.

This thread.... pointless. (But funny ;))

Back
Top Bottom