How to dismantle an atomic bomb RANKINGS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
20.City Of Blinding Lights
21.Original Of The Species
22.A Man And A Woman
23. All Because Of You
24.Vertigo
25.Sometimes You Can't .
26.One Step Closer
27. Crumbs From Your Table
28.Miracle Drug
29.Love and peace or else
30.Yahweh
1. SYCMIOYO
2. City Of Blinding Lights
3. Miracle Drug
4. Vertigo

The rest of the songs belong in the trash bin and in no particular order. Done live, these songs become pretty good but on the album they are horrid.
Good to great record. Has a collection of really good songs, but it's "strong" songs don't compare to ATYCLB.,

Hey guys, do you think this is the right timing to turn it in a HTDAAB/00's bashing thread? Or even we can start to compare it to ATYCLB (part 1) or to the 90's and 80's albums? Or even we can start the talk about the blandness and "cheesyness" of the songs...
Come on, I know you desire it. Y'all waiting for this:drool: ...

Let's get it started? Ready? NOW!!! :giggle: :blahblah:

uhhhmmm

1 miracle drug
2 original of the species
3 vertigo
4 all because of you
5 love and peace or else
6 sometimes you can't make it on your own
7 city of blinding lights
8 crumbs from your table
9 yahweh
10 city of blinding lights
11 one step closer

Ok, seeing these are getting points scored to them, and I can't really rank them, here's the deal:

Give me 3 points for each of the following, for being soooo close to being good songs if they weren't f*cked in some way at the last hurdle:
Love and Peace (Bono's fault), City of Blinding Lights (producer's fault), Vertigo (Native Son's fault), Fast Cars (Xanax's fault).

Give me 2 points for each of the following for being excellently written & executed adult contemporary pop-rock songs, but very very poor U2 songs:
Original of the Species, Miracle Drug, A Man & A Woman.

Give me 1 point for the following, as each of them has something good in it, but not enough to rescue the overall effort:
All Because of You, Sometimes & Crumbs.

And please give the following a score of -100 for being nothing short of the worst U2 song ever put on record:
Yahweh.

:wink:

Earnie Shavers said:
Ok, seeing these are getting points scored to them, and I can't really rank them, here's the deal:

Give me 3 points for each of the following, for being soooo close to being good songs if they weren't f*cked in some way at the last hurdle:
Love and Peace (Bono's fault), City of Blinding Lights (producer's fault), Vertigo (Native Son's fault), Fast Cars (Xanax's fault).

Give me 2 points for each of the following for being excellently written & executed adult contemporary pop-rock songs, but very very poor U2 songs:
Original of the Species, Miracle Drug, A Man & A Woman.

Give me 1 point for the following, as each of them has something good in it, but not enough to rescue the overall effort:
All Because of You, Sometimes & Crumbs.

And please give the following a score of -100 for being nothing short of the worst U2 song ever put on record:
Yahweh.

:wink:

And I thought this thread was about ranking the songs...:scratch:

Now, can we change the thread's title to "HTDAAB sucks arse and is worse than other piece of sh** U2 has ever made" please?
Sooner or later this had to come so the time is now...

a first place tie with all of the tracks, and then second place goes to ...

a man and a woman.

1. City Of BLinding Light.
2. Original Of The Species
3. Love and Peace Or Else
4. Miracle Drug
5. Vertigo
6. Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own

7.Crumbs From Your Table
8. Yahweh
9.All Because Of You

10. One Step Closer.

11. A Man And A Woman

1.City of Blinding Lights
2.Vertigo
3.Fast Cars
4.Sometimes You cant make it on your own
5.Love and peace or else
6.Original of the species
7.Crumbs from your table
8.A man and a woman
9.All because of you
10.Yahweh
11.One step closer
12.Miracle drug

1. Vertigo
2. Original of The Species
3. City Of Blinding Lights
4. Miracle Drug
5. Love And Peace Or Else
6. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
7. A Man And A Woman
8. Crumbs From Your Table
9. All Because Of You
10. Yahweh
11. One Step Closer

1-City Of Blinding Lights
2-SYCMIOYO
3-LAPOE
4-Vertigo
5-OOTS
6-All Because Of You
7-Miracle Drug
8-A Man & A Woman
9-One Step Closer
10-Crumbs From Under Your Table
11-Fast Cars

1- Fast Cars
2- Vertigo
3- Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
4- Original of the Species
5- COBL
6- Love and Peace or Else
7- Miracle Drug
8- All Because of You
9- One Step Closer
10- A Man and A Woman
11- Yahweh
12- Crumbs From Your Table

SleepyDeadMan said:
uhhhmmm

1 miracle drug
2 original of the species
3 vertigo
4 all because of you
5 love and peace or else
6 sometimes you can't make it on your own
7 city of blinding lights
8 crumbs from your table
9 yahweh
10 city of blinding lights
11 one step closer

You have COBL as #7and #10. :giggle: You forgot "A Man And A Woman".

1. Sometimes
2. OOTS
3. COBL
4. OSC
5. ABOY
6. LAPOE
7. Crumbs
8. Vertigo
9. Yahweh
10. MD
11. AMAAW

Good to see the sneaky "voting"-but-really-here-to-put-down-Bomb-AGAIN posts.

Last edited:
1. City of Blinding Lights
2. Love and Peace or Else
3. Original of the Species
4. Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own
5. Vertigo
6. Crumbs from Your Table
7. A Man and a Woman
8. All Because of You
9. Miracle Drug
10. Yahweh
11. One Step Closer

1.Original of the Species
2.All becuase of you
3.Vertigo
4.Miracle Drug
5.Sometimes you Can't Make it on Your Own
6.City of Blinding Lights
7.One step Closer
8.Yahweh
9.Love And Peace or Else.
10. A man and a woman.
11. Crumbs on your Table

image1ky0.gif

1.Original of the Species
2.City of Blinding Lights
3.Love and Peace or Else
4.Miracle Drug
5.Crumbs From Your Table
6.Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own
7.Vertigo
8.One Step Closer
9.Yahweh
10.All Because of You
11.A Man and a Woman

1. City of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo
3. Miracle Drug
4. All Because of You
5. Crumbs From Your Table
6. Love and Peace or Else
7. Original of the Species
8. A Man and A Woman
9. Yahweh
10. Sometimes you can't make it on Your Own
11. One Step Closer

this is the album version, however. Single version of OOTS and live version of LAPOE would move up in my list if they were on the album :drool:

1) city of blinding lights
2) vertigo
3) miracle drug
4) love and peace or else
5) all because of you
6) yahweh
7) one step closer
8) sometimes you can't make it on your own
9) crumbs from your table
10) a man and a woman
11) original of the species

1. City of blinding lights
2. Sometimes you can't make it on your own
3. Original of the species
4. Vertigo
5. Love and peace or else
6. All because of you
7. Miracle drug
8. Crumbs from your table
9. A man and a woman
10. Yahweh
11. One step closer

01. City Of Blinding Lights
02. Vertigo
03. Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
04. Love And Peace Or Else
05. Yahweh
06. All Because Of You
07. Miracle Drug
08. Original Of The Species
09. Crumbs From Your Table
10. One Step Closer
11. A Man And A Woman

Great album. Many strong songs! :up:

1) Fast Cars
2) Crumbs From Your Table (at least because of its potential)

Everything else blows, but if forced to rank them, in order from least terrible to most terrible and catastrophic

3) Original Of The Species
4) Love And Peace Or Else
5) All Because Of You
6) Miracle Drug
7) Vertigo
8) City Of Blinding Lights
9) A Man And A Woman
10) Sometimes You Can't....i'm too lazy to care
11) One Step Closer

and at number 1 trillion 999 million 999 thousand 999 hundred and twelve......YAHWEH- maybe the worst song ever written by anyone since music was invented many many years ago in a galaxy far far away

ozeeko said:
and at number 1 trillion 999 million 999 thousand 999 hundred and twelve......YAHWEH- maybe the worst song ever written by anyone since music was invented many many years ago in a galaxy far far away

YES! A fellow Yahweh hater!

ozeeko said:

YES! Someone who isn't chastising me for not adding IMO!!!

I've got your back.

Worst attempt at making a song that sounds like U2 that Casio ever pre-programmed onto one of their cheap 80's keyboards. Kudo's to the clever f*ck who slipped it onto the master of this album and pulled one of the greatest pranks in music history. Would be the greatest prank if it wasn't so unbelievable from the outset. As if U2 could sound that bad. As if they could fall that far. As if Bono could write so poorly, actually Bono can, but The Edge? No way would he go near such shit. As if a band like U2 could be so completely lacking in any imagination or creativity. There's no way U2 would ever let the bar fall that low. There's no way that a band that can pull off a song like The Unforgettable Fire or Zooropa would ever even warm the lungs up with something like that. Have you heard the "His love is like a drop in the ocean" part? I couldn't stop laughing. I can't believe so many people fell for it and actually believed it was U2. Someone somewhere is laughing hard. Very clever prank, love to know how they did it. Hilarious.

Earnie Shavers said:

I've got your back.

Worst attempt at making a song that sounds like U2 that Casio ever pre-programmed onto one of their cheap 80's keyboards. Kudo's to the clever f*ck who slipped it onto the master of this album and pulled one of the greatest pranks in music history. Would be the greatest prank if it wasn't so unbelievable from the outset. As if U2 could sound that bad. As if they could fall that far. As if Bono could write so poorly, actually Bono can, but The Edge? No way would he go near such shit. As if a band like U2 could be so completely lacking in any imagination or creativity. There's no way U2 would ever let the bar fall that low. There's no way that a band that can pull off a song like The Unforgettable Fire or Zooropa would ever even warm the lungs up with something like that. Have you heard the "His love is like a drop in the ocean" part? I couldn't stop laughing. I can't believe so many people fell for it and actually believed it was U2. Someone somewhere is laughing hard. Very clever prank, love to know how they did it. Hilarious.

Haha! I feel the same way! The first time I heard it I thought it was a fucking joke! And Bono's delivery in the chorus sounds like a first-take! Remember how U2 was sometimes forced to record things quickly cuz the album was about to be mastered? (40 from War, Peace On Earth from All That, Last Night On Earth from Pop). Yahweh sounds like the album was within 4 minutes of being completed, and Bono was just shouting at the song as it was being whisked away, like "hey WAIIIIT, WAIIIT A MINUTE" (YahWAIIIIIIT a minute) I wouldn't be suprised if Yahweh was the "true" U2 drunk song. I could picture Bono looking at the first pressed copy of the album and going "what the fuck???!!!" "What the fuck is this song?" YAH-WAIIIIIIIIIT A fucking minute! When did this happen? Did I actually sing that?" Flash forward to people eating it up and fall for it, while Bono breathes a HUGE sigh of relief. "Hehe, I guess we're in the clear boys! Maybe we should take this on the road, just to see what kind of reaction it gets!"

Even if Yahweh is a bad song (naturally, I think it's one of their best ever) it wouldn't so bad as other songs they have recorded and led to final production... No way Yahweh is worse than "Trip Through Your Wires" or than "The Playboy Mansion" or than "Wild Honey" or than "Somedays are Better Than Others" or "Elvis Presley And America"!

Does it sound forced as a God song? What about "Grace" and "Peace On Earth"? I remember Bono saying that he'd slap the guy who'd name a song with such a crap title...

Have you ever payed attention to the lyrics of the verses? Shoes, shirt, soul, hands and mouth as biblical references. Well, the lyrics are full of it.
The difference is that Bono and Edge didn't go out to bury well the things that could put in evidence that this is a god song and went straight to the subject with no difficult metaphores.
And what's so wrong with the "This love is like a drop in the ocean" line? That's just because the feeling of the song was not kept, I'm sorry about that...
That line is no way worse than other lines in U2's catalogue!

Then what's wrong with the instrumental? Because is so reminiscent of the October album and every U2 fanatic seem to hate this album?
Was it because of the "Casio-organ" keyboards? It's those keyboards that give the warming and harmonic atmosphere to the song that grows up in the brigde combined with the guitar.
The alternate version could be great too, but never it kept and led the feeling the song is supposed to transmit.

Then, Bono has screamed higher and hurting more thympans in other songs!... Fonetically, there's nothing you can't point with to because this word is not supposed to be spoken. How did you want him to sing it? It seems the more correct way to pronounce it by an english speaker.

But what's my point about defending somthing that even if I say it's good, there'll be a group of fellas saying the most absurd and non-sense things only to counter-argument this?:| Because when they say it's bad, no one else will ever be able to say something disagreeing...

Back
Top Bottom