How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
EvolutionMonkey said:
You need to flip the bomb upside down and the proceed to take off screws 1,2,3 and 6. Once you have done that open the tiny lid which will expose the wires. Take off wire 6 and 3 and switch them and do the same with wires 1 and 2. Once you do this cross your fingers and with one hand cover your face and then while peeking out from your hand push the big blue button labeled OFF and the hope to hell that it works.

p.s. i could be wrong about wires 3 and 6. :(

you see the black wire? DONT CUT THE BLACK WIRE!

Again, I think the name is bloody fantastic for a song. The album will be relevant and important we are told by Dallas, which means it is likely to address the issues of war and terrorism. And the situation right now in the world is very much like an atom bomb. Uncontrolled nuclear reactions. When will the bomb go off in another terrorist's heart? What about God-forbid, an atom bomb goes off in the world? The atomic bomb of abject poverty and AIDS is going off on the world as we speak.

How do you dismantle an atomic bomb? Bono's answer is "love, lots of love". He knows that love is the only true answer, not more violence as it only begets itself. The cycle of karma goes round and round like a wobbling top and love is the only transcendance. We already know from ABOY that grace is on Bono's mind this album.

I've had the constant feeling the last four years that the world is just out-of-whack and disoriented. We are in times of tremendous change with some of the greatest opporunities for mankind. Yet we also don't know when or *if* the wars will ever stop and if the terrorists will ever be defeated.

How To sounds like U2 telling as confidently, passionately, and distinctively as only they can that the way we dismantle this explosive situation in humanity is through love and only love. And if only enough of us realize this we could reach critical mass- like a nuclear reaction- but instead of hatred and destruction, an explosion of peace and love on planet earth! I wouldn't pretend POE would be quick and easy, but we will only make real progress when we dismantle the superdestrucive bombs in our societies, both physically and metaphorically.

LOL - That's quite some speculation for a rumored song title! But it's what it evokes for me.

Back
Top Bottom