How The 1990s Should Have Been

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sken said:
I think the only thing U2 should have done differently is to not have rushed Pop, and Bono should never have taken up smoking.

Sken
Best post in this thread :D

Zooropa definitely should have been an EP.

Pop in relation to Zooropa was "...been there, done that". While I like the songs, I would have liked a more rock-oriented album.

ATYCLB was the perfect antidote to their post 1993 slump.

You've obviously spent some time on this and I like the idea. But like someone else said, the only thing they did wrong was to rush Pop and not spend enough time on it. And they could've been a little more careful about the first single off Pop and really thought about how the Discotheque video would be received.

Also consider the effect that our new reality would have had on ATYCLB. If Pop, by U2's own measure, had been a undeniable success would they have gone the direction in search of the stuff that ATYCLB and HTDAAB are about? Or would we be looking at another 2 albums of ever growing satire and extravagence?

I do, however, like the excercise.

Last edited:
I don't mind if they continue making good albums and are not 24/7 in the public eye or on the cover of Time.

Proof that double albums can be good:

Beautiful Ghost
Where The Streets Have No Name
Silver And Gold
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Spanish Eyes
With Or Without You
Luminous Times
Walk To The Water
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still

Race Against Time
Red Hill Mining Town
In God's Country
Trip Through Your Wires
The Sweetest Thing
One Tree Hill
Exit
Deep In The Heart
Mothers Of The Disappeared

You are entitled to your opinion, but I prefer U2's philosophy - 11-12 awesome tracks in favor of 20 good-great tracks.

^
Amen but I still haven't heard Luminous Times lol, so it could of helped me out a little bit:wink:

Miggy D said:
Less is more. Double albums usually suck.
Listen to Pink Floyd The Wall, The Beatles ( White Album ), Smashing Pumpkins Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness, Genesis The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway, George Harrison All Things Must Pass, etc, etc :drool: :drool: :drool:

The 90´s were just perfect :yes: :laugh: :heart: ;) I think "How The 00´s should have been" topic is needed instead :yes:

Saludos :wave:

ponkine said:
Listen to Pink Floyd The Wall, The Beatles ( White Album ), Smashing Pumpkins Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness, Genesis The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway, George Harrison All Things Must Pass, etc, etc :drool: :drool: :drool:

...and Led Zeppelin, Physical Graffiti

I think u2 should have released Goldeneye themselves. It's a very cool song!

BTW Nice idea, an album from u2 in 1995 is better than that passengers thing.

Back
Top Bottom