How Old Does Bono Look?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How Old Does Bono Look?

Votes: 9 4.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 1.5%

Votes: 17 8.3%

Votes: 2 1.0%

Votes: 4 2.0%

Votes: 5 2.5%

Votes: 42 20.6%

Votes: 25 12.3%

Votes: 5 2.5%

Votes: 13 6.4%

Votes: 18 8.8%

Votes: 8 3.9%

Votes: 24 11.8%

Votes: 7 3.4%

Votes: 12 5.9%

• Total voters
Bono's Tart said:
Well I think he just looks his age. I kissed him last Thursday night and he didnt look tired or old to me just totally lush!!:drool:

His hair is a beautiful dark brown and even though he had a raging temperature and felt like shite (Bonos words not mine!!) he is still far sexier than men half his age and thats what he is a man not a boy!!

He looks pretty good considering the lifestyle he has had!

I'm just pleased that bloody hats gone!!!:wink:

wait you WHAT!?!?!? *falls over* please explain more!

I need to go to PLEBA now. ya'll are depressing me. Leave my B-man alone... I honestly don't think he looks that old. He doesn't look YOUNGER than his age, but he doesn't look THAT old either... he looks a lot older than my dad (who is 43 almost 44) but then again my dad looks about 12, so unfair comparison :p I'd say he looks his age, maybe a couple years older...is that so bad? I'd say not, especially since he's dead secksay :wink: Really though I'd say they're ALL starting to look their age at least (I still say Adam looks much older, but that's not nessecarily bad), which, y'know, makes sense. If they're not having plastic surgery or whatnot they're going to age like any other normal human beings :shrug:

I think this is a weird topic, but anyway...

Bono doesn't look that old. I know people in their 40s, and those who look old for their age have droopy skin around their jaws, and a receeding jawline - I think that, more than anything else, makes them look older. Bono doesn't have too much of this going on at all. He still has a pretty strong jawline. He has a few wrinkles, but that just makes me think that he's lived a lot. This is far sexier than 40-something year olds who have a smooth face - those kinda people just look like they have lived a boring life - spent it in front of their computer, or something!
I think Bono looks waaaay hot!

atikicat said:
Btw...no matter how long Bono rests he'll never look like Brad Pitt. :wink:
:up: And for THAT I am eternallly grateful!!!!!! :yes:

As to how old B looks: 1) Does it REALLY matter? :no: 2)Would I change anything about him? :no: 3)Should he try to look younger? :no: :no: :no:
By God, that man's earned every single laugh line, wrinkle and sun spot on his precious face - let him wear them proudly!! :yes:
He's not broken, but you can see the cracks.... just one more reason I adore him. He's soooo real and seems to be quite comfortable with himself - and THAT's what helps make a man sexy in my book!

Last edited:
This thread is stupid.

How many 44-year-old guys do any of you know who are as cool, charismatic and sexy as Bono? Not many, I'll bet. Let the poor guy alone. Seeing your first grey hairs and wrinkles pop up (somthing that naturally happens when you are is his age) is hard enough without having people remark on it all the time.

Originally posted by U2Kitten
Why pick on Bono when Adam looks 10 years older than Bono?

Miggy D said:

The lead singer is the face of the band.

-Miggy D

That, and it would be just a cheap shot to pick on Adam.

He's the bass player, aside from a few bands, the bass player is not one most people know. I don't think most casual fans of any given band, know the bass player, unless they're bass players themselves. The lead singer and the guitarist get most of the attention.

He's the underdog of the band, always was a bit of an outsider, you really don't pick on people like that. It's too easy, lazy if you ask me. If you're going to pick on someone, why go after the easiest target?

I do think Adam looks younger without the glasses though.

He wasn't born with glasses, so how he is now, is his natural look.

thrillme said:

That, and it would be just a cheap shot to pick on Adam.

He's the underdog of the band, always was a bit of an outsider, you really don't pick on people like that. It's too easy, lazy if you ask me. If you're going to pick on someone, why go after the easiest target?

So you're saying it IS okay to pick on/take a cheap shot at Bono? :confused: :(

beli said:

lol. Thats what I wanted to write - Bono would look better if he stopped smoking, slowed down on the drinking and partying, and started sleeping.

But I didn't write that cause I'm polite. :|

other than that, for the past five yrs he has had two babies 2 or 1 yr apart. maybe he took turns babysitting and changing nappies at night. :eek:)

he did say somewhere that he averages 4-5 hrs of sleep which is bad for one's health in general.

Miggy D said:
Brad Pitt = 41
Bon Jovi = 42
George Clooney = 44
Tom Cruise = 42
Anthony Kiedis = 42
Bono = 44

Think about that. All of those guys except one look fantastic for their age. I agree with the other posters - Bono just needs to take a break and RELAX. I'm not sure if the guy ever does - he's either recording, campaigning, traveling, or drinking heavily. He needs to take 6 months off and do NOTHING but chill and eat well and NOT smoke.

-Miggy D
not quite fair to compare bono with these guys who are in the business for their looks (regardless of how good actors some them are). he's a rock star and for him music is his thing. in a way, am glad to know he doesnt have that hollywood syndrome where physical image is everything! and by the way, bon jovi looks like he had some professional enhancement.

George Clooney looks way older than Bono and has for 10 years or more :no:

Bono's Tart, I take your close encounter of the first kind testimony as the best evidence here! :up:

desire25 said:

he did say somewhere that he averages 4-5 hrs of sleep which is bad for one's health in general.

Depends. Some people need the "usual" 8 hours a night of sleep, some need more, some can go with less.

U2Kitten said:

So you're saying it IS okay to pick on/take a cheap shot at Bono? :confused: :(

Not at all, I think it's mean to pick on anyone, but, to pick on easy targets, lazy.

Anyway it's supposed to be about the music, not about how the band members look.

Bono, I can safely say, looks his age = mid-forties. No more, no less. He has good days and bad days like all of us.

Larry has the One Ring in his pocket, he looks mid-to-late-thirties. I just downloaded a live U2 track and I swear I can hear Larry hissing in the background, "My precioussssss..."

Adam looked 40-ish in his late 20s, and he's grown old gracefully, without fuss. Which is pretty much how Sean Connery did it.

Edge ... well, we all know why he's been wearing a hat for the past 20 years! I'll pay big bucks for someone to jump on stage and rip it off him. He shouldn't be ashamed of his noggin!

Of course, it all depends on Anton's photography ...

:eyebrow:

I just wanted to post something, here...

A few people were wondering earlier about non-Adam band members having/not having/sorta' having/etc. any drug problems or anything like that. I don't know that any of them have had serious problems or anything like that, or even that recurring casual use has ever occured at length, but I do know this:

There was an interview with Moby in the Spring of '97 (I have no idea where it was done, by whom it was done or anything like that...I just used to hear sound-bites on the radio back in the olden days), just about the time that Pop was hitting stores, and the interviewer asked him about his newfound fame. Moby, to clarify, was then FINALLY starting to break and to gain at least some mainstream recognition...his brief stint with the big-time was still years off. Either way, he said that he didn't really know that he had arrived, or something, until he "was out in New York at like two in the morning doing cocaine with Bono."

There you go. Not an exact quote, but that's what he said.

And Bono looks 49-ish, if you ask me. :wink:

Indiana Jones said:
Larry has the One Ring in his pocket, he looks mid-to-late-thirties. I just downloaded a live U2 track and I swear I can hear Larry hissing in the background, "My precioussssss..."

:eyebrow: [/B]

That tricksy Larry. This was a great commnet. I lauged...hard.

Regarding the 5 hrs. a night, I have never been able to function on anything less than 5 1/2 but I have friends that get by on 4-5 every night. And then there's old people. My grandma goes to bed at 11:00 and is up at 4:00. I mean, what's on TV at 4:00 that's so important to get up for?

If you shout... said:
Moby said that he didn't really know that he had arrived ... until he "was out in New York at like two in the morning doing cocaine with Bono."

For chrissakes, Moby was talking with tongue firmly in cheek! Do not take this statement at face value, it's not true, Moby was most definitely joking. Considering how moral Bono can be, I doubt very much he'd snort cocaine made by kids in sweat-shops deep in the Columbian jungles.

Drugs: The Highs and Lows ...

Adam: Alcohol, marijuana, cigarettes, and very hot Indian curries.

Larry: Alcohol. Has tried marijuana and didn't like it. Definitely the straight man of this comedy quartet.

Edge: Alcohol. Marijuana (see Larry above). Has tried mushrooms and possibly LSD, but only a few times (a three-toed sloth has more toes than the times Edge has tried hallucinogens).

Bono: Alcohol. Cigarettes. Marijuana (see Edge above). Has also tried mushrooms (see Edge above).

I can see a disturbing trend that stereotypes the Irish, but none of them has done hard drugs (heroin, cocaine, amphetamines etc). However, they do hang out and work with people who do (Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Steve Lillywhite, many many others in music and other industries).

The shrooms and LSD, if done right and not very often, I'm okay with. Dabbling in it once or twice, like Edge and Bono did, is no big deal. They decided it wasn't for them and moved on. And so should we all.

I could, of course, be completely wrong. U2 could be a front for an international Yakuza smack ring.

What really makes Bono "hot" is his soul, talent and charm. It's a double standard of course, because no middle-aged woman who was short, dumpy, wrinkled and balding would be considered hot no matter what.

I think bono looks like he's in his lower 50's. The pictures where you really see the age are the ones that aren't airbrushed like pictures you see in magazines..ect.

In all honesty, I'm gonna have to disagree with people who say Larry looks so young. I think he looks his age. Yeah, every once and a while you'll get an airbrushed photo or a good camera angle from a live performance that makes him look more youthful. During the Elevation Tour I was at the tip of the heart and when Larry came down, I was very suprised that he looked the oldest of everybody actually. His cheeks/face were saggy and he just looked old.

I have long since resigned myself to the fact that Bono is probably going to leave us at a slightly younger age than his father did...IF he keeps up the utterly relentless pace of his life. The touring and publicity and his DATA work is one thing..but to keep all this up at the same time while on tour, AND juggling the responsibilties of being a husband and father to 4 kids of different ages..(though I'm told being a parent of teens ages you faster than anything :)) ANd from all accounts still finding time to party hard into the wee hours of the morn on select occasions, as hard as he did in his youth...

It is a certified fact that those who chronically lack sleep for months and years on end die at a younger age than those who get a normal or near-normal amount every night. Chronic extreme lack of sleep wears your body slowly down...it makes sense. Bono has admitted he currently gets an average of 4 hours of sleep a night, (it was in the NY Post coverage of the Brooklyn show.) Heck, can you or I, with our MUCH less cluttered and chaotic lives than his, stand 4 hours of sleep a night , day in and day out, for weeks on end?

This is now, before the tour starts..and in the quietest phase of his public "political" life since he first began his now-lifelong African adventure. I can't even remember the last time he has stalked the Halls of Congress. The Republican convention was his first political foray in months. There was a period about a year and a half ago, (right around the time he made the cover of Time) when even the most polite and seasoned media commentators began to note how haggard he looked. THis was around the winter of 2002-2003 I think. He abruptly withdrew from a scheduled Congressional meeting and the reason was "family commitments" but privately it was whispered (and later publicly commented upon, I remember the stories) that his doctor had warned him to take a good long rest because he was on the verge of a complete breakdown. He really was close to collapse. What had he been doing all this time? Sitting in darkened little cubbyholes in Washington and the various capitals of the world talking to Bearucrat X about how black African lives mattered just as much as white ones and why the heck we should care. All behind the scenes, far out of even a print journalist's range. He never told us until so much later justhow many little mens' offices he knoked on the door of. So much for glory.

You know, this reminds me of the saying about how much Presidnet aage while they are in office. They become old men in 4 yrs. Bono has ceetainly kept up a President's schedule.
(And these idiots think that he doesn't deserve the Nobel Prize. Sure, and you shouldn't get the Nobel Prize for doing nothing but talking to people? Its more than that...so much more....you shouldn't always have to get thrown in jail for your beliefs to win the prize..:mad: )

Oh well....

Really, though, I am worried for him. We have all read stories by now of how he sometimes conks out like a light in the middle of a resturaunt, plane, soundboard?!?! etc. His body is trying to tell him something. And when he developed all these medical problems the past 7 or 8 yrs I was shocked. He was always the guy in the band with the limitless energy. The allergies, the sudden catnapping, the back problems..(though maybe we could blame Ali for that?:macdevil: )

He wants to milk the mos tout of every day..that's his nature, by confession. He is no spring chicken now, and his life has prematurely aged him. I'd say he's got the looks, and perhaps health,of a healthy ...man a decade older. He also has admitted having an irregular heartbeat though whether that was a cndition he was born with, we don;t know. Prob not..("Two Hearts")?

He is going to have a to accept, and we aregoingto have to accept, that someday we'll be seeing alot less of him. He will AHVE to learn to slow down, for the sakeof his health.

My, I'm cheering everyone up today am I ?Sorry....

Last edited:
Indiana Jones said:

Drugs: The Highs and Lows ...

Adam: Alcohol, marijuana, cigarettes, and very hot Indian curries.

Larry: Alcohol. Has tried marijuana and didn't like it. Definitely the straight man of this comedy quartet.

Edge: Alcohol. Marijuana (see Larry above). Has tried mushrooms and possibly LSD, but only a few times (a three-toed sloth has more toes than the times Edge has tried hallucinogens).

Bono: Alcohol. Cigarettes. Marijuana (see Edge above). Has also tried mushrooms (see Edge above).

The only thing we know for sure is that ALL of them drink alcohol (except Adam, for some years now), and ALL of them, at one time or another, smoke.

I remember an Edge quote when talking about playing under the influence of drugs : "We were told all bands are out of it on stage. We tried it in 1977 but it was such a horrible experience we promised ourselves we'd never do it again."

Two things come to mind reading this topic. First, I bet alot of us grew up on U2. I have followed them for 20 years. I am 34. If U2 is getting old I guess we all are also.
Also, I run a grocery store in San Diego. We have to I.D for beer and cig. anyone who looks under 35. I am a pretty good judge of age. Sometimes if the person has done alot of drugs it throws me off. I carded a lady today ,I thought she was about 34-35. She was 21.Ouch. Drugs age you fast.
Larry has aged the best,he looks about 35-38. If he dyed his hair a lighter shade and stopped slicking it back he would look alot younger.It is the hair cut that has made him look older.I do not mind the wrinkles they show character. haha.

First of all, I want ya'll to know that I love,love,love u2 and have since 1981. And Bono is my favorite.

However....I don't understand all the incredulity in regards to the possibility, I repeat, POSSIBILITY, that Bono might have or still does snort an occasional line, or smoke a joint every once in awhile. For crissakes, people, he is a multimillionaire rock star.

Yes...he does lots of great work for humanity and this is all very sincere...Personally, I think he is quite a human being and for the most part walks his talk. This is one of the reasons I respect him.

But...he is a rock star...not a saint...

And...he looks DAMN old! But DAMN handsome. I think his genes have something to do with the fact that he is not aging as well as say, someone of Hispanic heritage. Irish folks, especially Irish men, tend to age quickly!

But who cares???? He's still Bono and we loveth him!

Peace..

Well, the only reason his looks concern me at all as I of course want the band to have a good image for the general public, and of course since I want him to be in good health, which looks are a fair indication of. I'm honestly pretty shocked anyone would think he's in his 50's. I don't think he looks any older than he is. When he's all made up, like he was for SNL, he could probably pass for 40 even. Sure, some of the "candid" photos of him on the street aren't always the most flattering, but even there, I don't think he looks older than he is.

At least his voice is sounding younger and stronger these days. That's something I definitely care about :)

stonecircle said:

However....I don't understand all the incredulity in regards to the possibility, I repeat, POSSIBILITY, that Bono might have or still does snort an occasional line, or smoke a joint every once in awhile. For crissakes, people, he is a multimillionaire rock star.

Coke is stupid and dangerously addictive. I would much rather my musical heroes stay clear of it and would like to think Bono would not be stupid enough to "snort an occasional line" just because so many others do it in the industry. I'm not too worried about the occasional joint.

Teta040 said:

He also has admitted having an irregular heartbeat though whether that was a cndition he was born with, we don;t know. Prob not..("Two Hearts")?

Worrying. I was in a taxi about two years' ago and the driver told me something similar. (Allegedly, his wife worked in a certain Dublin hospital where Bono had received some treatment for an irregular heartbeat). I assumed the guy was getting confused and was thinking of Bono's dad but reading this I'm not so sure.

Yes Bono definitely needs to slow down a bit. Remember when Robert Palmer died last year? He was only about 48 and his wife said he had no known heart problems. It was totally out of the blue.

I've also worried about Bono because his Mum died in her 40's :( I hope he doesn't have a bad vein in his head or anything like that.

Back
Top Bottom