How much did you pay for HTDAAB??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dragonfave

New Yorker
I bought the deluxe edition (decided not to buy the collector's edition b/c of the criticism/complaints on the 48-page book) from "Music World" at Scarborough Town Centre (east end of Toronto), and it cost only $10.99 Canadian. Quite cheap for a deluxe edition don't you think?? :up:

At Target, I bought the regular for 9.99 and the collector's for 29.99.

Dragonfave said:
I bought the deluxe edition (decided not to buy the collector's edition b/c of the criticism/complaints on the 48-page book) from "Music World" at Scarborough Town Centre (east end of Toronto), and it cost only $10.99 Canadian. Quite cheap for a deluxe edition don't you think?? :up:

:ohmy:

i didn't think we (canada) was getting those until next week! i'll have to make a trip to the music store now.

that is a great deal. it's $13.99 on amazon.

:up:

Collector's edition is 41.99 CAD on amazon.ca.

I figure I don't have much U2 stuff in books, so why not.

I got the collector's edition at Best Buy for $25, but had a $15 Best Buy gift card, so it only cost me about $12. Oh, happy day. I plan on going back to get the standard cd for the lyrics.

CD/DVD version was AU$20.95 for me. The book one was $54.95, not a chance I'm paying that for some book. They didn't have any of the regular version - but you pay $20.95 for a new release album anyway, whether it has a bonus CD or DVD or not.

Geez... our Best Buy had the Collector's Ed. at $35! I went across the street to Target and bought it for $29.99. Can't beat that $9.99 for the regular version either!

Here in Ireland, the normal version is €20, the semi-collector's edition (that is CD+DVD but no book) is €23 and the full collector's edition is €30 (I'd say that's about US $36.50).

gas panic said:
The collectors edition with book- £11.99
Standard cd- £8.99
cd & dvd in slipcase- £12.99
Vinyl- £14.99

SNAP!

I Have to say, I'm kinda sorry I bought the collectors edition with the book, for which I paid a ridiculous €32.99(in Ireland btw)
If I had of known of the contents before hand, I would have went for the €25.99 version with DVD.
The book is disapointing, and I was a little bit pissed off that U2 and/ or the record company or whatever, could charge so much for a book containing abstract art that your 3 year old son wouldn't be proud of.
Were are the song lyrics?
Photos from the studio?
Maybe a little interview with each member of the band and their opinion on each song, that would have been much better.
Why on earth they thought fans would be interested in reading this unreadable and pointless waste of paper is beyond me.
I feel cheated, but the album is great.

I bought the deluxe edition (CD,DVD,Book) for $28 from CD Universe. It went up a few dollars now.

Back
Top Bottom