How much cash...........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
How much cash would you part with in order to get a ticket to see u2? I paid £120 for vertigo ticket (which in turn, turned out to be a scam!!) But still managed to get to see em. I woulda prob gone up to £150 which is a lot for me in my circumstances. Its once every 4-5 years so realisticly only works out 25-30 pounds a year. Which isnt even equivalent to a night on the lash really!
We are talking one gig here....not following them over lots of dates.

as much as I could without risking divorce
truth...the only limit is what my husband would tolerate

Bono's Betty said:
I don't even want to say. :reject:
Me neither, after my first U2 concerts last year I was so upset I didn't have any more tickets. So next time I'm ready to pay much more for tickets if I can't get them.

I think the highest I paid was $173 for an arena GA.

I was in Africa when the tour dates were announced. Luckily I got the e-mail so I decided not to use my spending money on trinkets, but keep it for the tour. I wasn't able to get any tickets from TM because I was gone and since I was a rookie with the extra cash, I broke down and got the GA I wanted from a very reputable broker.

After that I was able to weasel. Once I was desperate for a GA and was begging all these people and one day before the show, I ended up with three offered to me at face value or less!

Also, I was able to see nine shows and never once had to fly or pay for a hotel room. It was driving (sometimes 14 hours one way) and camping (we even took food and a stove so we wouldn't have to eat out).

i pay anything under 100GBP standing.
i paid 65 quid to see them last year standing.

I opened up a bank account for buying tickets and fund it with around $40 a month...so assuming we've got another year and a half until we see U2 doing a world tour again I might have around $800 for tickets. Maybe $200/ea?

But I waited till the day of the show a few times this past tour and hit up Craigslist and got some GREAT deals on GA tickets last minute.

Up to 40% over face value, only for GA.
Some exclusions may apply, dealer cashback incentive, see in-store for details.

Like the others, face value - my Dad got two tickets and said I didn't have to pay him back since it was a sort of 'Well done on finishing your last year exams at school' present, and that still makes me feel really bad since it was £80, and that was still pretty far back in the Millenium Stadium.

If THAT was the face value, then there isn't a chance in hell that I'm going to be buying off touts in the future.

I wouldn't pay more than face value. It might be different if I had never seen them before and they had announced their current tour would be their last one ever and I had somehow come up empty in both the fan pre-sale and the general sale, but since I finally saw a show last year that scenario can't happen now.

(BTW, I paid face value plus U2.com membership for a GA ticket last year, but I didn't re-up my membership this year. I also don't plan to re-up when the next tour comes around. Now that I've finally crossed "seeing U2" off my list of things I must do before I die, I'll take my chances in the general sale for any future shows).

I'd give anything I have for a U2 gig

I paid £200 (£50 per ticket) to see them in July 2005 and took 2 friends (1 didn't come) and i'd do it again without hesitation. The best moment of my life

I paid alot for my vegas ga's but it was worth it. I would have bought them online from ticketmaster but I didn't know I was going to Vegas until last minute. I had to convince the hubby that going there for our honeymoon 2 weeks later than planed was a great idea.

*cough* $300 for a GA ticket to MSG in 2001. But I was in a frenzy at that moment. I also happened to have the money at the time so it wasn't such a big deal for me then, plus I got some damn good pics of Bono and Edge that night with my little stupid crappy camera. It was so worth it but I wouldn't do it again - I'd pay face value only (plus Ticketbastard extortion fees). Unless I get into another frenzy. :wink:

I paid $240 CA for a GA Ticket in Toronto... it was a mad scramble to get a ticket at the last minute, but I lucked out and got one off eBay (even though it was horribly overpriced).

so far I've only paid face value, and I'd do my best to get them at that...but if I couldn't...dude I gots to see my U2, they only tour once every eleventy billion years, I'll pay as much as I possibly can if I have to. though I doubt that'd be more than like $200, really... and I'd only splurge for GAs, I don't want to pay some horrendous amount for nosebleeds. once you GA you never go back :drool:

Yeah...about that....those Cleveland tickets...I don't think I WANT to say but since at least one price has been quoted higher than mine i guess I'll confess...

I spent $500 for two...but it was for my mom's Christmas present, and I'm going to college in a few weeks so it was this big last-christmas-together thing, and she's liked U2 since she was my age, and had never seen them, so I don't really care what the price was...

*atomicbono, let's not mention what ended up happening with those rather expensive tickets though eh :wink: if you even remember :lol:*

but as for the first show I went to, my dad bought ustwo GA's for 9/20 Chicago forabout $75 each so it wasn't too bad

I just see one show per tour. Going through Ticketmaster, I'd pay whatever the face value and fees are, so long as I had the money. Right now, I'm thinking if it was higher than about $150...I don't know if I could do it. I mean, yeah, I could just charge it...but a line does have to be drawn somewhere.

I paid for £200ea for Paris GA last year without raising an eyebrow.

I do wish though that more could be done to prevent people buying for resale only.

bono_212 said:

*atomicbono, let's not mention what ended up happening with those rather expensive tickets though eh :wink: if you even remember :lol:*

:hug: yes I remember...that was scary :crazy:

if I had $500 and it was the only way to get GA's, I'd probably pay it. Trouble is, I doubt I'd have $500 available to me :wink:

what college are you goin to?

I paid £800 to see them at the Astoria Club in London in 2001.. the ticket went for sale on an online auction with the money going to the Indian Earthquake Appeal.. It was a mad frenzy and I really didn't expect to win.. when the 'minutes left to bid' clock went to zero my heart sank.. I was elated but also in shock that I had done such a foolish thing! Still, the money went to a good cause and the concert was unforgettable one-off and I wouldn't have changed a minute of it... I even got used to the bread and water that I had to live on for the next 3 months!!

Back
Top Bottom