How Many U2 bootlegs do you have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I'm Ready

War Child
thanks to my brother iv got about 1 boot from every tour(including my 5/12 chicago show i went to)

I have about 8 older ones from Boy-Joshua Tree. Cork Connection still being my favorite. I also have lots of concerts on tapes.

Oh I also have an 8 CD set of live songs, a singles box set which was around R&H, Elevation on CD, ultra rare tracs (which are live songs that they normally don't do like Tomorrow) and I have another couple of CD's of mixes and stuff like that.

How many is that?

I stopped counting long ago. It's really embarrassing sometimes.

A few:

ZooTV from London, 8-11-93
ZooTV from Dublin, 8-28-93
Elevation from Cleveland, 5-3-01
Popmart from Sarajevo, 9-23-97
Lovetown from Dublin, 12-31-89
October from New York, 3-17-82

All of them very good

I don't have any CDs but I've got some on my iPod that I've downloaded. 1 JT, 5 ZooTV, 1 Popmart, and 5 Vertigo. Not very many if you ask me.

2861U2 said:
A few:

ZooTV from London, 8-11-93
ZooTV from Dublin, 8-28-93
Elevation from Cleveland, 5-3-01
Popmart from Sarajevo, 9-23-97
Lovetown from Dublin, 12-31-89
October from New York, 3-17-82

All of them very good

The concert on 12-31-89 was 1-1-90 it started at 0am on 1-1-90

Well my collection is still quite small but here is what I have...well whats on my Ipod right now.
Chicago 4
Seattle 2
San Jose 10.04.05
New York October Tour
1980 or 81 Gleeen
Red Rocks '83
San Diego (Opening Night of Vertigo)
Half of Zoo Tv from L.A '92
Popmart Sarajevo
Popmart Leeds
Popmart Mexico City
New York '87
Zoo Tv London '93
Zoo Tv Dublin '93
Zoo Tv Adalaide '93
Nates France '84
Las Vegas '97 (Opening Night)
Elevation Atlanta
Elevation Toronto night 1?
Chicago "Rocks hottest ticket" '87
Devner '87
Probably a few others I'm missing as well.

Can I just say that I'm very envious. I had a bizarre car fire (I'm fine!) in 98, and my best U2 boots (on tape) were in the car and ruined. I've decided that one of my goals now is to get one great boot (DVD or CD) from each tour. Any of you with great collections, I'd love ANY copies you could make for B & P. I would promise to pass them along myself.

Any thoughts? You can priv mail me at jonathanflax at comcast dot net - Thanks for even considering it!!!

In particular, looking for one great UF, one great Zoo, one great Popmart.

Thanks AGAIN!!!!

Jonathan

www dot jonathanflax dot com

I'm picky:

1 Boy Tour
1 October Tour
1 War Pre-Tour
2 War Tour
5 Unforgettable Fire Tour
5 Joshua Tree Tour
4 Lovetown Tour
4 ZooTV/Zooropa/Zoomerang Tour
8 PopMart Tour
1 ATYCLB Promo Tour
6 Elevation Tour
2 Vertigo Tour

Plus some odds and ends (Live Aid, Save the Yuppies, Super Bowl XXXVI halftime, etc.). So about 50.

I have the Entire Elevation Tour, (thats In Mp3 though)
Most of the shows this tour (that have been torrented)

I have the Bloodredsky catalouge :)

I've got above 5, including Pink Pop festival 81, My Hometown- Croker 85, and a 79 Cork one (cassette from good old Camden Market), and I reckon I listened to them about 6 times when I first got them and never listened to them again.

Glasgow 1984-06-11
Hartford(3rd) 1987-05-09
Melbourne 1989-10-08
Sydney 1989-10-20
Tacoma 1992-04-21
Boston 1992-08-23
Boston 1997-07-02
Leeds 1997-08-28
Sarajevo 1997-09-23
Chicago 2001-05-16
Boston 2001-06-09
Anaheim 2005-04-01

SARAJEVO ROCKS!!!!

I've got about 800 in total. I've got all the Elevation boots, all the Boy boots and then just a whole mixture of the rest of the tours.
I've had to stop though because i've run of of harddrive space :reject:

It becomes stupidly addictive :/

i have about 200 or so....it became an addiction a few years ago but now im content with just getting the shows i was at .

I have my favourites of course and these days I go based on recommendation which ones to get because you litterally need Terrabytes of space to keep up with all of it lol

I only have a handful. As far as bootlegs go, I'm more interested in Ryan Adams ones, so I focus on those. I mean, I'd love some more U2 ones, but as far as actively pursuing them, my energy is better spent on Ryan, since I'm more active in that trading and also use the bootlegs to transcribe the banter for my web site.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom