How many times have you seen U2 3D?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4U2Play

Refugee
OK, this will prove who has a life and who doesn't:

5 times as of Feb 24

1 x normal screen (Sundance Film Festival, Utah)

4 x IMAX (3 x San Francisco, 1 x Sacramento)

That's US$70 total, so far

Last edited:
5, all in imax, so that's 15x5 = $75. i plan to see it again on a normal screen just to see what it's like, though i have a feeling i will be a bit disapointed comparing it to imax.

All of these U23D threads are making me sad. Every time I see one, it's like a slap in the face. I sometimes hate living where I do.

No spoken words said:

There's more than one U23D thread?

Surprisingly, yes! And they all seem to be discussing the same thing... I can't understand why they all haven't been merged yet. Still, I guess five billion U23D threads are better than those "What if U2 were ____?" threads.

GibsonGirl said:

Surprisingly, yes! And they all seem to be discussing the same thing... I can't understand why they all haven't been merged yet. Still, I guess five billion U23D threads are better than those "What if U2 were ____?" threads.

:)

Agreed.

I wanted to start a "What if U2 were U2" thread, but, only I'd find that amusing. Not that such a thing ever stops me.

No spoken words said:

How far are you from Navy Pier?

In truth, not all that far. (45 minutes with some traffic and there's always traffic :) ) It's the parking at Navy Pier that's the problem. I can't bring myself to pay $19 for parking. :(

Last edited:
love_u2_adam said:
I/O u2 hates Canada.

Yeah. I'm going to burn all of my U2 albums because there isn't an IMAX in Newfoundland. This is clearly U2's fault. :mad:

i've seen it once, it just got to my town on friday. i plan to see it two more times with friends and family though.

5 1/2 times, all IMAX.

At the second show I saw at Universal City Walk, CA a few weeks ago, the projector stopped working in the middle of Pride. Got free passes but still... :mad:

So in all I've been lucky enough to see it twice at the Ontario, CA Edwards cinema, 2 1/2 times at Universal City Walk, and the one and only showing last night at The Bridge CDL Imax near Culver City. Every show was absolutely spectacular, but the one last night had by far the best sound and projection system of all three theatres. The glasses were definitely the fanciest too. Super clear picture and a volume level that was closest to being at a live show, and just perfect for Adam's bass to reverberate in your chest. :drool:

James

Last edited:
Once in a normal screen. Had to travel 150 miles to see it as well :ohmy: That's all that is stopping me from seeing it again, if they had it in my hometown I'd be there at least three or four times :drool:

3 so far, and will see it during the week. It's playing a mile away. Hard not to go.

I didn't see it in an Imax.

I would think it'll come to Canada. I do hope so.

Back
Top Bottom