How many shows did you attend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Total # of shows

Votes: 17 6.6%

Votes: 41 16.0%
  • 2-3

Votes: 66 25.8%
  • 4-5

Votes: 41 16.0%
  • 6-7

Votes: 25 9.8%
  • 8-9

Votes: 23 9.0%
  • 10-12

Votes: 18 7.0%
  • 13-15

Votes: 9 3.5%
  • 16-19

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • 20+

Votes: 8 3.1%
  • 30+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40+

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
4 :heart: The best four ever! :wink:

now here is a question for people who attend 10+ how did you keep the momentum up? I mean I ADORE u2, and loved every minute of the show, but even i found myself wandering, feeling a bit "hurry up" through my boring songs (like sometimes, mw, beautiful day) and that was only 4.

How can you continuely see the sameish show (since they really didn't mix it up A LOT) and still get into it? Does a little bit of weariness set in or is it just as good every time?

dazzlingamy said:
now here is a question for people who attend 10+ how did you keep the momentum up? I mean I ADORE u2, and loved every minute of the show, but even i found myself wandering, feeling a bit "hurry up" through my boring songs (like sometimes, mw, beautiful day) and that was only 4.

How can you continuely see the sameish show (since they really didn't mix it up A LOT) and still get into it? Does a little bit of weariness set in or is it just as good every time?

I guess I've become a little more of a critic. You're right about the 'wandering' moments but I just take the opportunity to have a look round...watching the crowd and seeing what the crew are up to. I've LOVED every show I've been to, but over time it's the moments of imperfection that stick in the mind.

You realise Santa is not coming to your house this year? I was told that he only comes if you're asleep.

Imagem031.jpg

:drool: :drool:

14 for me and what's cool is that I had ticket offers to go to about 5-7 MORE shows but I was pretty satisfied with the number that I had been to (and now I find myself wishing that I had gone to a few more.) But I think only 1 or 2 of the shows that I skipped turned out to be over-the-top-phenomenal (e.g. one of the December Boston shows.)

dazzlingamy said:

I think if I had seen numerous back to back shows (e.g. the Toronto or Madison Squ. Garden weeks) I might have felt the way you talk about but I spaced out my shows (not necessarily with a whole lot of forethought or choice) and it worked really well -- just when I started to get bored and crave more, there was another show on my schedule! I got to hear songs from every single one of their albums -- but I have still never heard 11 o'clock Tick Tock live!! Grrr...

Here's how my Vertigo year(s) 2005/2006 broke down:

April 2005 - 1 show
May 2005 - 3
June 2005 - 3
September 2005 - 1
October 2005 - 2
November 2005 - 3
December 2006 - 1

dazzlingamy said:
4 :heart: The best four ever! :wink:

There are songs that kind of bore me, like Bullet, Mysterious Ways, WOWY, so I usually busy myself by taking pictures during these songs. I rarely ever took pictures during my favorite songs b/c I was having too much fun jumping, screaming, and singing. I also had the luck of seeing three different legs, so that really helped spread things out. Also, the energy is different for each city so the crowd as a whole reacts differently to certain songs. And lastly, I had a lot of variation in where I stood - once behind the stage, once in the third to the last row, twice at the front of the ellipse, once at the back of the ellipse, several times in various spots on the outer rail of the ellipse, and on Adam's b-stage in a stadium. Each spot gave an entirely new perspective and I saw things I hadn't seen before.

StlElevation said:

i shall elaborate since im bored

5/14 philadelphia
5/17 new jersey
5/18 new jersey
5/21 new york
5/22 philadelphia
5/24 boston
5/26 boston
5/28 boston

9/16 toronto
9/17 toronto
10/3 boston
10/4 boston
10/7 new york
10/8 new york
10/11 new york
10/14 new york
10/16 philadelphia
10/17 philadelphia
11/21 new york
11/22 new york
12/4 boston
12/5 boston
12/7 hartford
12/9 buffalo

Liesje said:
And lastly, I had a lot of variation in where I stood - once behind the stage, once in the third to the last row, twice at the front of the ellipse, once at the back of the ellipse, several times in various spots on the outer rail of the ellipse, and on Adam's b-stage in a stadium. Each spot gave an entirely new perspective and I saw things I hadn't seen before.

:up:

the columbus day weekend shows at MSG... 4 shows in 5 nights. each one from a different location... one in the cheap seats, one in the first row of seats behind the VIP section on the floor, one inside the ellipse at the tip, one inside the ellipse on adam's side.

different locations provided different experiences each time. :shrug:

one4u2 said:

Then 6 for me.

Brooklyn Bridge was one of the best shows ever! Front row on Edges side! The whole day was just amazing! :drool:

mebrooklyn.jpg

:drool:

the best thing about brooklyn... well, besides the unbelivable setting... the most amazing view for a u2 concert, um, ever... was that it was spontaneous, ya didn't know what was coming, and there was a ton of energy from both the crowd and the band... they seemed genuinly excited to be playing the new songs 100% live for the first time (or one of the first times). even vertigo times 2 was cool at brooklyn... which has had a lameosity to end all lameness at many other gigs.

I could have went to two here and in the Netherlands but I had no interest in seeing the shows. Once was enough for me.

5 total-

Chicago twice one May show one September

Omaha, STL in December

Hawaii 2006 was the best

15 from the main Vertigo Tour, which is where I put myself in the poll, but if Brooklyn does count then it's 16 for me. :) Have done 15 shows (not incl. Brooklyn) each of these past three U2 tours, didn't plan it that way (as far planning 15) but that's how it's worked out each tour. This tour I did New York x 8, NJ x 2, San Jose x 2, Boston x 2 (December) and Hawaii!

Five for me..
London 2
Paris 1/2
Sao Paulo 1/2
It was definitely good to see them in two different legs. I wouldn't stand having Vertigo x10 had I seen 5 European shows... I only got Vertigox8, plus UTEOTWx2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom