How many records ha they sold?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zucker

Babyface
I'm about to hold a speech in front of my class in school in two hours and need some quick information. First question goes: How many records have U2 sold?

It was 50million around Achtung Baby time, so surely that should mean close to 100million now, if not just over?

Id say go for 100million, cant be far wrong!

I read a recent article which listed their official records sold at 125million, so you were close. I can onyl think of Bon Jovi, as the only band still going, who have sold anywhere near that (*they have sold over 100 million as well) R.E.M haven't sold that much, surprisingly only around 50million albums. Even Duran Duran sold more, with over 70million records sold worldwide.

You could defintiely say that U2 are the biggest and most successful band around at present.

Steve Jobs said over they have sold over 120 Million, yesterday...

i'm just curious, but how many *records* have the Beatles sold? over 200M?

I read somewhere that The Beatles and Elvis have sold more than 1000 millions albums worldwide

Last edited:
Combined yes, but separately no. They both have sold more than 500 million records though. However, you have to take into account that this includes singles, EP's, etc.

Back
Top Bottom