How Many Of You Really Like "vertigo" Album Title ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like these album titles better:

The Birds The Bees The U2
Edge Sounds
Sgt. McGuinness' Lonely Hearts Irish Band
Never Mind The Bollocks Here's U2
Slave 4 U2
U2 vs. The Daltons
Larry Battles The Pink Robots
Ireland Calling
Kid B

At this point I personally could care less what the album is called, it's been waaaayyy to long already, just release the album!!!!!

one4u2 said:
At this point I personally could care less what the album is called, it's been waaaayyy to long already, just release the album!!!!!

Amen to that!!

Vertigo is a pretty good title. However, like the whole empty swimming pool thing, it is not what I had expected from U2.
Another point I would like to make is that I don't care what it's called anymore, nor do I care what the album cover looks like. I just want SONGS.

But those titles they sent to Adam are shameful.

I won't dispute that it sounds like a plausible album name but... I don't they will go with two consecutive albums having the word "All" in the very beginning of the name.

At this point the album could be called the -
"We really liked to change producers - a lot"
"This is how long it took for Bono to grow the black out of his hair"
"Larry now looks 30!"
or simply
"the new u2 album"

I love the title "Vertigo". It's my absolute favourite movie from my favourite director ... and maybe soon my favourite album from my absolute favourite group!

VERTIGO!!!

Last edited:
BrownEyedBoy said:
I would like to predict that it will NOT be called Vertigo.

(It's just terrible. It sounds like a cheap dance club. It's just cheap all over.)

We have a club here in Stockholm called Vertigo. It sucks.

ON another note, i think this forum is soon to burst of expectation of the new album, we all need some kind of fix before november. Kinda fun with this build up though.

At first I thought Vertigo was too weird, but now I think it's really cool. How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb is not good, however. It sounds too political and a little outdated. Who's talking about atomic bombs nowadays, anyway?

discothequeLP said:
the name "U2 XI" or "U2 11" would be awesome!

YOU GOT A NAME !!!!:bow:

Just remember the first U2 single... "U2 3" !!!!!!

Also I like some other titles I thoght related to the early years, like

"Mount Tempe"
"Feedback"
"hype"

:wave:

ponkine said:

YOU GOT A NAME !!!!:bow:

Just remember the first U2 single... "U2 3" !!!!!!

"Mount Tempe"
"Feedback"
"hype"

To me this implies that maybe this is their last album... Or they've reached the end of their career. :sad:

Plus, they already did the "U2 7" thing a few years ago....

ponkine said:

"Mount Tempe"
"Feedback"
"hype"

Gahhh...for some reason I like Mount Tempe. Or maybe I don't? This is impossible, I can't try to name an entire album just from that one fuzzy clip of ABOY. :huh:

losing what little grip on sanity I had :coocoo: :mad:

Well, I think it would be kind of hard for the fans to name the album since we don't know any of the songs so we can't pick out a song title, lyric, or anything else that would best represent the spirit of an album that none of us have heard. I say let the band name their own album. What's wrong with the title "Vertigo" anyways? I actually like it. There is no title that everyone is going to agree with, and I've never not bought an album of songs I liked because I thought the title was stupid. It's secondary.

oooohhh! I know! I know!

"Chinese Democracy: I hope Axl regrets procrastinating (now)"

although The Offspring already pulled that one off. :huh:

...just a shot in the dark :wink:

Back
Top Bottom