How many more years do you think U2 will continue to make music?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
david said:
Do you guys really want U2 around in their 60's like Paul who does make new albums but no one really cares about them. He just goes on tour and plays old Beatles songs because that's all people want to hear?

Springsteen, Clapton, Santana, Dylan, etc. have made records with some moderate success and they are way older than U2. So it's possible to be somewhat successful at an older age. With that said, sure... If they like what they are doing, and if they believe in the material... they should go for it. Other people don't affect how much I like U2's stuff anymore to be honest.

Well, the first thing is that this is such a high stress business, I am amazed that they still want to do it after 25 years, having made tons of money and being inducted into the Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame. That said I have no idea how much longer they want to do this. They will fulfull their contractual obligations, then I really don't know. If they decide to pack it in then, then let's let them smell the roses, we'll have 30 years of amazing music and memories for our lifetimes.

BrownEyedBoy said:
I'm sick of all that complaining about U2 not being experimental enough. I don't think it's because they aren't capable of it it's just that they are not that kind of people anymore. They aren't young and their mind isn't really on earthly things, especially Bono, if you do think about this last record was very personal. Zooropa was nowhere near being personal, except maybe for Lemon. I just don't think they're that kind of people that like to throw curve balls anymore.

I agree. Bono has said he had a very tough time after his father's death, and I think he is still struggling with the emotions. Dealing with all of these emotions is a far cry from times when the most painful thing in your life was a toothache (remember that story in Flanagan about Bono having one hellacious toothache during the recording of Zooropa?).

Last edited:
Neenie said:
I think U2 will be around for a while yet....I mean they aren't that old yet. Bono's 44 and larry looks 27 and plus they started at a very early age.

Larry does not look 27 :huh:-- he's definitely 40ish to me! Sorry to say he is aging, albeit not as quickly as the others?
Bono on the other hand, is aging like a fine wine...:drool:

Larry doesnt look 40 to me he looks about 30 either that or you havent seen the "balding office" 40 year olds I have seen....I think really they are all aging pretty well which is nice.

4EVRU2 said:

Larry does not look 27 :huh:-- he's definitely 40ish to me! Sorry to say he is aging, albeit not as quickly as the others?
[/QUOTE

I agree. I never saw any signs of ageing with Larry until recently. Now he's heading south like the rest of them.

As for Bono...the only other man my husband would allow me to shag if the opportunity arose......well I'm afraid he's looking more and more like his father all the time. It's not that I think it's a bad thing, just that the only image I have of Bob Hewson is the old guy in the Video for "One" (the transvestite version), and Bono certainly looks like his old Dad!

Also, have you noticed that his left eye is looking bigger and bigger compared to the right one? I think the bags under his eyes are weighing him down, all those late nights and fags.

I think they have another 10 years maximum. I love this band and I want them to go out on top rather than doing never ending comeback or "final" tours. I want them to leave while they are cool, not be rocking on stage at the risk of breaking their hips! I think they know where the line is and I think they'll bow out at exactly the right time. I'll be so sad to see the end of the band, but they have given us plenty to enjoy.

They are aging, yes, but I think that The Edge has not changed that much since Achtung Baby..... Bono has a little bit of the look he had in 87-88 with long hair and hat, Larry is still in his 30's....(he looks like).....the only one who's really aging is Adam, but he is so cool he could play in a wheel chair I would still love him!

However, I think they will quit after this tour.... I don't know why, just a feeling after all the stuff that have been going on lately. I wouldn't be mad at them, because after 25 years of magical music, they deserve a break..... but I would be very sad....:sad:

As much as I love U2, I can anyone really imagine them "swinging' to the music" at 65?!

(Do we even want to?! Ilove them to death, but imagine -- on the evening news: 'Bono pops hip at concert...')

I want them to be around as long as they are producing good tunes -- I'd hate to see them putting out records that aren't... (Although, I do find that hard to imagine)

That being said, I don't hope it's not soon!

Look at the people U2 respect and admire. Who has retired? Many are still active or only stopped due to death. I doubt U2 know the meaning of the world 'retire'.

4EVRU2 said:

Maybe I was exaggerating a little bit, but I still think he looks "much" younger than he really is. I have a recent pic of him with no shirt on, and the pic says it all :drool:

Back
Top Bottom