How many more albums of all new material for U2? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: How many more albums of all new material?
None, they're going out on top very soon 0 0%
1, the next one will be it 2 3.51%
2, they need to complete the 90s trilogy 14 24.56%
3, it'll be some time before they end it 21 36.84%
4 or more, there's no quit in these guys! 20 35.09%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2002, 10:45 AM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by STING2
U2 in age are about where the Stones were in 1982. Notice the Rolling Stones are still going in 2002. I think U2 will outlast even the Stones.
I don't think I want to see U2 end up like the Stones. I mean, I have a lot of repect for what the Stones have done, though I was never a huge fan of their music. But at the same time, there aren't a whole lot of teens and people in their 20s who are fans of the band. I haven't been to a show, but I would guess that the majority of people there are in their 30s and 40s. When I saw U2, the average fans' age was probably about 27 or so. If a band wants to stay "cool", I think they need to be able to connect with a younger audience.

Bono seems to already be having trouble hitting some of the higher notes, and I don't think he'll let is keep getting worse while the band is out on tour. Besides, at this point, his politcal efforts seem to be at least as important to him as the band. I get worried about a generation of kids knowing him as "Bono--political activist", rather than "Bono--greatest rock star in the world".

Old 10-10-2002, 02:35 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:25 AM
i can see 2 - 4 more albums, at least .

sure they miss theyre families but i dont think after 25 years they'll stop doing what they like.

sure I like the Stones, but in comparison with U2 they dont have much relevance or the ability to create new sounds or new feelings within their music that U2 does.
U2 also has the ability to capture new audiences I'm not saying like teenybopping-MTV-generation but at least some college, early 20's kind of people.
And with the new audience they've captured with ATYCLB they probably have no intention of calling it quits especially after a great response. And plus the album sounds like the beginning of something new, like AB in the early 90's.

and plus what would bono do without 20,000 people screaming his name, now thats insanity

Old 10-10-2002, 02:57 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer
Adam will be shaggin' the finally-of-age PLEBA girls